Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureDevotionGirl
Do you guys think demons cause schizophrenia and bipolar disorder? I think so, but I don't know if I believe it's true for every case or just a few... I know I've been battling some kind of demon/evil spirit being deeply attached to me for a while, and all the depression and anxiety and mood swings I had that I thought were just my own mental illness are virtually nonexistent since I've been working to build up my energy field, repair my chakras, and put up spiritual protection...

What are your thoughts?
When I worked in mental health one of my clients went into a full-blown episode, I had to trap her into a corner to stop her from running out of the building and onto a very busy main road. She sat in a corner in a puddle of het own urine, screaming and looking at me as though I was the devil incarnate come to take her away. That was caused not by deamons but chemical imbalances in the brain because her medications were late.

We create our own demons. In the case of mental health issues often the unconscious can communicate more easily with the conscious and it does this by using images to convey consciousness. Think of dream interpretations and you'll get the idea. The 'demons' are images the unconscious mind 'sends' and the mind personifies them as actual demons - the brain 'translates' them as literal and not symolic. And you can't protect yourself form what you create so forget protection from those 'demons'. Your brain 'demonises' your depression, mood swings etc.

Any kind of work you do on yourself can be therapuetic, Spiritual practices included/especially. Self diagnosing is not therapy nor is it clever, and there will be underlying root causes for it so the chances are your issues can recur. Mood swings can be caused by things like diet or Lifer changes but anxiety and depression usually has deeper causes, and they remain until they are dealt with directly. Working on yourself is often a relapse or a diversion.

Many mental health issues cause demons but demons don't cause mental health issues. Did you know that schizophrenia and Spirituality light up the same ares of the brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I talked to a guy that heard voices and he told me that they tell him to do terrible things

the worst voices I hear don't tell me to do bad things or anything like that ~ they just sound like spies talking about my private stuff which I find menacing ~ sometimes it almost sounds like they are mocking me ~ but I rebuked those voices in the name of Jesus Christ and after that they shut up and left me alone
That's when the schizophrenia can become paranoid, and the person can become a danger to themselves and others. That's the kind of stuff you see in the movies.

The voices are literally in your head - and by the way, I hear voices too. If you listenb to them and have a conversation with them they might even help you out, because the voices are 'generated' by yoour issues. You'll probably find that your voices represent your issues, as though they have taken on form. Again, telling them to shut up doesn't address the root causes.
Old 26-03-2021, 03:28 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
but my thought is, schizophrenia and other diseases aren't so much diseases as the inability to avoid 'undesirable' parts of reality that 'normal' people get to avoid most of the time... kind of like lacking an immune system so you attract 'dis-ease'... I also think the people who get into that situation are getting a kind of training that 'normal' people just never see though. Could be another aspect of last becoming first I guess...
Pretty much, yes. The unconscious comprises of some 90-95% of the total of our consciousness and it's responsible for pretty much most of how we perceive both our internal and external realities. For instance, what you see isn't what you see, what your eyes actually see is a projection onto the inside of the sphere of your eyeball. The brain flattens the image, divides in into three parts and each part is processed by different parts of the brain at different speeds. Then it's all stitched back together again and you see in 3D. Similarly with all of your senses, it's the processing of information and what you become conscious of is the 'end result'.

Dreams are the unconscious mind communicating with the conscious mind, and often they are the unconscious trying to make the conscious mind aware of something. In that respect dreams can be dis-ease because the unconscious may be trying to make the conscious mind aware of an issue. So your dream of a soaring bird could be your unconscious trying to tell you that you feel trapped and you need to 'fly free'. Something similar can happen with mental health issues in that things like deamons are representations or personifications of mental health issues. So no, those of "sound mind" never see demons because they don't have mental health issues that need to be addressed.

It's when we see demons and hear voices (I do too) that people with mental health issues actually become more aware of perceptual reality than "normal people". They become more conscious of their unconscious and believe it or not, become more self-aware than "normal people".
Old 26-03-2021, 11:21 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Greenslade,

Namaste
Old 29-03-2021, 07:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I work in the mental health field. I have also experienced the spirit realm so I don't disregard when people tell me they are hearing voices as hallucinations. It seems to me that mental illness and entity attachment go hand in hand. At the same time, not every case is the same. I've seen medications help and I've seen people put on every medication possible with no effect. I've got one case now which I am sure has some elements of entity attachment, if not headed towards possession.

I was camped in Pueblo, Colorado, some years ago and got chatting late one evening to a native American woman in a 7/11. She'd been living for some time in her car, separated from family and tribe. She had been prescribed drugs to help with her mental issues but she had stopped taking them.
I sat and talked with her for quite a time, listened closely to what she'd been experiencing, questioned what she thought. I found it impossible to decide whether she'd been experiencing the unwanted attention of a discarnate who had latched on to her vulnerability. ('attachment') Or whether she was suffering mental illness made worse by not taking the drugs intended to help her cope.

All I could do was encourage her to think about heading home and visiting with her family - she had told me they were worried for her welfare and safety. I encouraged her to think about consulting again with her doctor. But I also encouraged her to consult with a tribal shaman.
Old 29-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Administrator
You did the right thing Bobjob i just hope she followed your advice.

Namaste
Old 30-03-2021, 07:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Dreams are the unconscious mind communicating with the conscious mind, and often they are the unconscious trying to make the conscious mind aware of something. In that respect dreams can be dis-ease because the unconscious may be trying to make the conscious mind aware of an issue.
hmmmm

Quote:
So your dream of a soaring bird could be your unconscious trying to tell you that you feel trapped and you need to 'fly free'. Something similar can happen with mental health issues in that things like deamons are representations or personifications of mental health issues. So no, those of "sound mind" never see demons because they don't have mental health issues that need to be addressed.

It's when we see demons and hear voices (I do too) that people with mental health issues actually become more aware of perceptual reality than "normal people". They become more conscious of their unconscious and believe it or not, become more self-aware than "normal people".

They're all interesting, but as yet unproven, points - unless someone can point out relevant data I'm not aware of. To the best of my knowledge the nature and significance of dreams remains a subject of conjecture rather than fact.

Mental health may be better understood and a link between seeing demons and mental ill-health may be logical but again - as far as I'm aware - is still unproven.
Old 30-03-2021, 08:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
You did the right thing Bobjob i just hope she followed your advice. Namaste

Oh as with most issues, Native spirit, my words were only suggestions and encouragement.

She later wrote to me and had made the journey home but although I did try to keep in touch it wasn't to be. Those were the days before smart phones and easy communication and letters need much more effort.
Old 30-03-2021, 10:13 AM
Administrator
At least she made the journey home she took the advice you gave her.

Namaste
Old 30-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
At least she made the journey home she took the advice you gave her.

Namaste
I was relieved she had. Living in a station wagon, using the 7/11 for food, washing and toilet, being constantly pestered by an unwelcome spirit visitor (I thought but I could not be certain.) was no way for a woman to be living.

I often think of her and wonder how things turned out. I can even remember her name. Was our meeting a coincidence or planned? A Brit RVer who just happened to be staying briefly in that town in Colorado?

Perhaps that's all it was - just coincidence?
Old 31-03-2021, 08:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
hmmmm

They're all interesting, but as yet unproven, points - unless someone can point out relevant data I'm not aware of. To the best of my knowledge the nature and significance of dreams remains a subject of conjecture rather than fact.

Mental health may be better understood and a link between seeing demons and mental ill-health may be logical but again - as far as I'm aware - is still unproven.
And the extent of your knowledge is...?