Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 03-10-2020, 04:46 AM
janielee

Will the forum crash and be unrecoverable?

There are multiple SQL errors; just wondering if there's a chance it will crash and not recover.

Also, notice that log-ins here are unsecured. Is there a HTTPS log in for members?

Thanks,
JL
Old 03-10-2020, 07:17 AM
Master
Lately I am having lots of problems posting on this site. Yes, I cleared the cookies and refresh my browser, etc. I am not having these issues with any other site online, but sometimes get a “server is busy notice” from this site, or I just can not post or access posts and will get a technical problems with this site notice. The notice also says that technical staff on this site have been notified. I have never seen it like this in the past, and this site has already temporarily crashed for me several times. Don’t know what can be done about it. I like posting here when I can actually post.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:04 PM
Administrator
Hello

I will look into it with the host.

We did an upgrade so that should have helped the issues.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 03-10-2020, 03:37 PM
Deactivated Account

I notice this happens every night around 10 PM ( Pacific) the forum goes out white blank, anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. I think it went on longer last night, but I went to bed early so I didn't track.
It could be its updating around that time? Some forums update every night at a specific time, but not sure for us but I was worried myself. We'll see what Lynn finds.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Master
Clover and Lynn, thank you both for your efforts. I really appreciate
both of you. You are doing a great job.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:39 PM
janielee

Yes, thank you, Lynn. And SF staff (Clover) and Starman I've noticed it happens intermittently and sometimes longer periods than others.
It's a specific SQL error and the database is unreachable. It looks like a fairly serious error. Thanks. Would miss this forum if anything ever happened to it.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I notice this happens every night around 10 PM ( Pacific) the forum goes out white blank, anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. I think it went on longer last night, but I went to bed early so I didn't track.
It could be its updating around that time? Some forums update every night at a specific time, but not sure for us but I was worried myself. We'll see what Lynn finds.

Whatever the reason it's different from how it used to be and ought to be followed up in case - although this seems unlikely - the webmaster is unaware.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:40 AM
hazada guess

Yes, it happens to me on occasion first thing when I log on but it repairs itself after about 1 hour.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Deactivated Account
It may just be updating or some other basic procedure. A temporary out-of-service situation similar to when banks update their systems daily.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:59 AM
Deactivated Account
I was unable to access the website yesterday for several hours and then again today early morning UK, around 10 o'clock evening yesterday to 1 o'clock this morning PST.

It seems this has become the norm. On returning to add this sentence the SQL error message re-occurred and I couldn't access this page - I eventually got here after several tries.