Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2020, 04:33 PM
Master

Considerations 21 …

Let’s Analyze this …

I have stated many times that mind is a tool that was given to Soul to use to contend with what will go on around It during Its many, many lifetimes here in the lower psychic worlds. It is an exceptional tool, extremely powerful, the avenue for manifestation on all levels in the psychic worlds, and is an incredible companion when kept under control and is well-directed … but becomes an outrageous con artist when left to run the show undisciplined.

Since Soul has to deal with experiences that are outside of it when in these worlds … It needed a way to juggle the many variations and determine what is beneficial or what is detrimental. This … mind will do … according to each individuals choice in instructing the mind towards personal choice and habit.

Mind parts out that which is around it. Mind dissects, analyzes, defines, categorizes, labels, etc. This is the way mind approaches things. Study the experience … piece through it to determine if there is any danger there to the individual … make that determination … go with the choice.

Mind will happily spin and dance over most anything … juggling theories, possibilities, variations, determinations endlessly … for as long as it is left to carry these dissections out.

Mind is rarely asked to put all of these pieces back together to understand the Whole as IT (LIFE) is. Mind again is designed to analyze and assume from the Whole to the specific … using theories and beliefs to rationalize and prove a specific conclusion.

Mind is NOT well designed to draw broad conclusions based on evidence and observations … using specific experiences to draw general conclusions and likely outcomes.

In a way this is how the use of a journal assists the individual … by keeping track of specific experiences and later uncovering the tie between them to determine the core issues. Mind not only has a tough time in doing this … but the use of a journal tends to accentuate the many experiences as being somewhat “outside” the individual and you can inspect them somewhat more objectively. That … is of benefit to their understanding.

So many conversations and experiences in our daily lives struggle with a very specific issue and we get caught up in the bickering over it. This does not lead to its understanding nor to resolving it. Mind enjoys this behavior … an it is clear from many forum board conversations that mind squabbles simply to continue the debate for entertainment purposes. Since mind can do this endlessly … designing, blending, combining, concocting, and fabricating anything that intrigues it whether it is “logical” or “reasonable” or not … there will be no resolution or understanding.

This is not an attack on the mind as the tool that it is. Mind is doing what it is designed to do.

The decision we all have to approach and slowly resolve is … do we want our consciousness to control us as the individual … or do we wish to control our consciousness.

It is not an easy decision to make. Mind will not … and does not … like to be disciplined.

This is the ultimate endgame for all … nonetheless. Steps are often small. Larger issues are taken on as we gain ability to curb our focus. We tend to become what we focus on.

Soul discovers Itself and begins to live within the Whole of Life. As It does this … It learns to live within both perspectives … using the mind as intended while “here” and living well beyond mind when in the Pure Worlds of God.

More later.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 18-11-2020, 10:49 PM
Experiencer

Nice. I like where this is going. Thx.
Old 20-11-2020, 06:40 PM
Master

Considerations Twenty-Two …

I’m Saying WHAT to myself ?

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

One of the greatest insights into just what your own personal viewpoint is about Life is to watch what you tell yourself inwardly. I am not talking about what you tell others during normal conversation or personal encounters with other people … although that certainly gives a glimpse. I am talking about what you are constantly telling yourself in your quiet or active inner thoughts to yourself. What are the thoughts that go through your mind as you drift off to sleep? What little comments do you say to yourself as you respond to your own activities?

This is part of becoming aware of your own state of consciousness. What you tell yourself inwardly … any time … anywhere … is what is forming your beliefs and your life perspectives. You can practice all the quiet inner time you wish … but if you are constantly bickering with yourself or acknowledging aspects of your own behavior in a critical light … you are shooting yourself in the foot. No one … including yourself … can take many forward steps if they spend vast amounts of inner time telling themselves the opposite. It’s not just that the mind tends to chatter … it is just *what* it chatters about.

Again … a journal can help you keep track of it all. These are the inner whisperings that you want to take charge of. Even the little issues that may seem trivial are just building blocks to the larger patterns that you may or may not appreciate in your own state of consciousness. The bigger issues resolve themselves … or at least become much more controllable … when you take the time and effort to form a set of habits that will put you in the position to revise and regain control and attain your goals.

People *can* learn to resolve these issues and get to destinations beyond where they are at the moment … to learn … to grow and advance. Affirmations can help … but it is much more beneficial to get yourself involved in the opposite viewpoint of what you are inwardly telling yourself.

I went through a long period decades ago and when I caught myself saying something personally negative … I would counter it with at least two positive thoughts. It was better if I had a good, solid conversation with myself along the positive expression. I might have a negative thought … then catch myself … then begin to have a conversation along the positive line and really try to get involved with it … not just an affirmation … but a real conversation. Yes … many of these did not feel natural at the moment … and that is to be expected when you are trying to lead yourself away from one pattern and towards something new. The “new” … rarely feels natural.

There was a great ploy by my own mind in that it would try to convince me that I was “lying” to myself. Yes … when I am trying to counter an old limiting pattern and I was trying to set in motion some of the foundations to build on to grow beyond the old viewpoint … I was certainly “lying” to the old habitual pattern. Such is the nature of the game.

I had to learn to go easy on myself. To get angry when this happened only gave energy to the old pattern. I had to learn to trick … to lead … to out-game.

Many wish to know *how* it can be done … but no one can really tell you that because no one know really how you are going to go about getting to your goal / your destination … how much effort … what techniques … how often … your sincerity … your attitude … your focus. It is the ageless battle of the old verses the new … one at a time … making a total game out of it … but being steadfast and perseverant in the interplay.

If you wish to get a handle on these patterns … it has to be done … now … or later. Who knows what “later” will involve.

The first half-dozen or so links on the neville Goddard page that I gave earlier can offer good glimpses on this. Inner speech can be one of the most revealing information about just what you are all about … and to revise and re-focus that inner speech can pay huge dividends.

Again … Google Neville Goddard Text Archive.

Do some of your own research on inner speech. You would be amazed at what you are constantly telling yourself inwardly. This can be done without anyone knowing your intent. Look for the larger core issues. Really get good at building your own countering positive inner conversations. The more you believe in the positive encouragements … the more quickly you will begin to turn the corners that will loosen the limitations. Affirmations are good quick statements … but to get more involved with an entire inner conversation along the positive statement … get into it … develop it … then it will become more real to you and things begin to reshape.

There is no easy or magical way to do this. It is an inner discipline … and it is something that you will have to contend with as long as one is in the lower psychic worlds. Mind will always be ready, willing, an able to pull you back into an old pattern you have chosen to set aside.

My next post in a day or two will have an exceptionally critical factor concerning this … and similar … approaches.

More later.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 22-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Master

Considerations Twenty-Three …

Be VERY Careful with this approach …

One of the most critical factors in beginning to take assessment of inner viewpoints that may or may to need to be revised … is accepting personal criticism for any assessments that you may view as negative. One can easily get caught up in taking a decided dive in perspective towards oneself.

You are trying to uncover your inner issues only to the point that you can recognize them … perceive them … know of them … determine them … and then immediately become objective to them so you can stay above them and begin to revise. Then you can walk in its opposite. Always walk forward … walk towards your ideal … towards its correction / solution / what you would want it to be.

When you view your issues … you can pretend that you are viewing "someone else" so you can stay objective to them. Just pretend that you are someone else viewing your issues in another person. Or … you can always use the old "I am an alien to this world" gambit and pretend that you have come to the planet and know nothing about the human animal and are viewing someones issues or facets or attitudes or ideas as brand new and unknown. Something along this line. Make up your own game / approach.

Do NOT keep looking at the problem and berate yourself for them. You will dig yourself into a hole out of which you can never get out of. You are trying to uncover and identify. Nothing more.

This is a distinction that can literally either drive you crazy or begin a new life and setting the course towards actual advancement. Again … you are *not* here to self-analyze. You are doing this to self-observe … to self-recognize … to self-identify. Use whatever name you wish for this … but keep the distinction clear. You are trying to uncover your inner issues only to the point that you can recognize them … perceive them … know of them … determine them … and then immediately become objective to them so you can stay above them and begin to revise. Then you can walk in its opposite. Always walk forward … walk towards your ideal … towards its correction / solution / what you would want it to be.

Be as objective, aloof as you can … towards your own issues. Do NOT get caught up in them. Be uninvolved with them. You are about to set a course to walk beyond them anyway. Train yourself to intentionally view the opposite … view the ideal … always keep your viewpoint forward-looking … towards the better revision. You are redirecting your life.

By focusing on the issues you wish to resolve … you are rehearsing the problem. You do *not* want to do that. You want to do the exact opposite. Mind will want to keep focusing on the old familiar critique. This is a fabulous practice in discipline. There are few other ways to learn it.

You are looking for fortitude, tenacity, resilience, poise, conviction … all alongs those lines. It is not just a turn towards ethics. It is an inner strength and decided perception towards ability, capability, and belief in your own capacity as Soul. You are beginning to live from the inside out.

You will most probably find that it is very tough to do when you are caught up in a physical situation or experience where you wish you were this actual new perception. To begin to get a foothold on this … use your quiet time later to rehearse how you wish it had gone. And once again … do this for *your* behavior and control only. Do not try to control or redirect the behavior of someone else.

You might wish to look up Neville Goddard's 'The Pruning Shears of Revision.' The whole act of later revision can work wonders. He has other articles along the same lines.

You must remember what you project out into the world will come back to you … so make those projected thoughts, feelings, ideals … well designed … as delightful as you can possibly make them … and for your own growth only.

In this lies one of the keys in always walking in eternal bliss … for you are always projecting the ideal outward. You are walking forward into your goals or ideals … which should be a joyful experience for you. This discipline can be used any time anywhere … towards most anything. It doesn't have to be a heavy thing. You have to keep in touch with your daily responsibilities … and know you will have to play a part in their fulfillment … but you can concurrently keep your eye on your goals and ideals.

I have one more additional post to give on this in a day or two before I will be away from the computer for 5-6 days for personal travels.

More later.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 24-11-2020, 11:34 PM
Master

Considerations Twenty-Four…

Turn your Perceptions Outward

People often wonder just how to go about raising ones consciousness … what does it take … what is the procedure. Many want to wait for some mystical experience of some kind or a magic wand to bring it about automatically. I've wanted this myself … and sometimes … I still do. That is … however … not the case.

The approach I've been suggesting as of late is two fold. One … is to simply begin to recognize your own position on many things … especially that which limits you … holds you back … binds you from gaining a wider perspective. All that you are … all that you have ever been … is what you are living right now. What you are living now is something you created in your own past. The question is … do you wish to continue. If you don't … there are ways to develop anew.

Secondly … this is a part of the often stated phrase … the answer lies within. In the vast majority of cases … it is *not* a matter of going inside and trying to uncover an answer. If you know the issue … you often have the answer. Do the opposite … certainly with some sense of discernment. Yet looking inside and determining your limitations is a major part of this approach. To look within is about the only direction one can take when considering your own individual perspectives on life.

You do not have to go somewhere or "ascend" to gain greater perception. You must free yourself from that which contains or limits you. This gives you your freedom of perception. The conflict is always between the old and the new. To gently uncover these limitations and revise them is the lessening of your own burdens that weigh you down. Many may not believe this but it is nonetheless true. I do not wish to preach … I do not wish to moralize. These are the steps to take if one really wishes to grow and advance. A wider perception does not just happen. It takes place when we get out of our own way.

It is often boring … and frustrating. It is much more thrilling and exciting and emotionally powerful to play all the mind games … using the intellect to control and exercise power over … than it is to work with Life and find balance and become part of the Whole of Life. Most people would rather continue in the powerful egoistic side of it than to learn to let go of limitations and correct them to free themselves and to find balance and contentment. Contentment is not a thrilling prospect. A more whole perspective of Life helps you to achieve and maintain equilibrium … and that is not a "thrilling" endeavor. There is no "fun" to it … so to speak … but to dismiss this will go on for hundreds of lifetimes until one begins to take it upon themselves to turn in that direction. Then you begin to become a knowing part of Life.

Lessons of Life tend to focus in on our weaknesses. LIFE is good at pointing these out. It is not a matter of determining them but more of what to do about them. Again … there is no magic wand. It takes work … the kind most people do not wish to get involved in.

Joy can only exist where there is a high state of consciousness. People have it backwards. They would first like Spirit to supply all their material needs and *then* they will wholeheartedly endorse the nudges of Life. "Give to me first and then I will give to you." This sets the cart before the horse. The first order of business is to reach for a high state of consciousness. Even in the Bible … "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God." Spiritual consciousness is the best route to the life of joy and fulfillment. Heaven is a state of consciousness and not a given place.

Most would rather maintain their current state of consciousness than possibly meeting the real director and producer of their unhappiness and frustration … which is … themselves. It is much more comfortable to stay where you are. There is greater risk … greater unease … to take on change … with the promise of greater understanding and realization.

The rewards are greater if you take up the challenge and / or adventure. Things begin to settle … although LIFE will always continue to shake the tree. How else can LIFE make you encounter new experiences within which to test and refine? In the end … it is not that all becomes peaceful an uneventful … it is that you learn how to effectively deal with just about anything that comes your way. You deal with what must be dealt with … in terms of personal responsibility … and then you walk in your own designed ideal of that experience.

Lastly … it is amazing what is piled into our own consciousness as we walk our daily lives. Television tells us how to live, radio embellishes it all, the media will direct our lives for us, the emotions and mental thoughts of those around us, all coming in at us every moment. Our own thoughts turn inward as we continue to look at our ongoing issues and rehearse the problems over and over again. Worry is negative prayer. We love to tell ourselves what we do not like about ourselves and about our personal life.

The turning point is to turn our thoughts externally towards our ideals … our preferred goals and viewpoints … and project this outward for future design. Promoting your desires outward … as long as they are your own and for your own development … is obviously a manifesting practice … and it is your own design of capability, forgiveness, tolerance, patience, service, good will, and so much more … that you set about to compose and construct. This is also a working facet to the old saying … “It is better to give than to receive.” Yes … there is more to the precept.

I will be away from the computer for the next five days or so.

Walk well.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 25-11-2020, 04:52 AM
Deactivated Account
^Nicely said zork

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 25-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Master

Thank you, Ciona.

Any time you wish to make a comment … or inquire … or broaden … feel free. I don’t mean to become some kind of “answer man” but I might be able to shed some light on most anything.

I tried to broaden out and answer many of the inquiries that janielee had but she seems to have disappeared. I don’t know if I addressed some of the issues that piqued her interest or not. I wish her well. She was a wonderfully curious Soul.

On we go … and more in a few days.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 27-11-2020, 09:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Thank you, Ciona.

Any time you wish to make a comment … or inquire … or broaden … feel free. I don’t mean to become some kind of “answer man” but I might be able to shed some light on most anything.

I tried to broaden out and answer many of the inquiries that janielee had but she seems to have disappeared. I don’t know if I addressed some of the issues that piqued her interest or not. I wish her well. She was a wonderfully curious Soul.

On we go … and more in a few days.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

I certainly will perhaps, and thank you very much.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 30-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Master

Considerations Twenty-Five …

Who Controls Who?

A major crossroad is approached and eventually navigated when an individual begins to suspect that they have gathered enough data or information or opinions or possible theories and wants to begin to sort through them … keeping those that seem to actually “work" in their individual lives. Even in this present lifetime … each of us tends to hoard piles of pictures, video, material possessions, contacts, etc. You can well imagine how many "beliefs, opinions, and theories" we have gathered. Many of them are just … baggage.

So much of what I've discussed in these last few posts is coming to terms with all of this. Taking an honest assessment is a monumental task … and on-going. Eventually one begins to wrestle with the concept … do you want to control your own consciousness or do you want your consciousness to control you?

This is NOT a pleasant question to ask of Self.

Reality depends on the intensity of awareness in the individual and NOT upon external facts. Each will become what he is aware of within himself … for the facts which appear in your outer world are witness to the use or misuse of your inner awareness.

Another way to look at it … we don't see things the way they are … we see things the way WE are.

This too can be a tough precept to wrestle with.

Although there are always rumors about "secret teachings" and such … and there *are* sets of teachings that are given to very few … one eventually discovers that it is not necessarily the fact that these teachings are so secret as it is that we do not believe them when we encounter them. Day in and day out we are given glimpses of what is "beyond" wherever we personally are on the Path … and we just dismiss the opportunity to take advantage of it. We tend to push them away because they do not coincide with what we already believe. There is lots of information that is given to many, many people … and they either overlook it or push it away.

We are all prone to do this. It is part of the Path. The major part of this Path is traveled via trial-and-error … and we tend not to make any changes unless and until we have to … and that usually is a rather unpleasant situation to be caught up in.

To expand ones state of consciousness is always up to the hearer. Attitude plays a major part in this. The protective tendencies of the mind play another. Mind will tend to focus in on the worst possible scenario with most any encounter. There are plenty of people out and around … when mentioning any possibility of or towards most anything … will happily chirp back the "danger" in even considering it. It keeps them safe … but leads them nowhere.

To gain on most anything … there are risks involved. I personally don't know of any way around it. To learn to be as honest and objective as possible to what you believe at the moment … those conclusions we run our lives by … can be scary indeed. To summarize experiences into a journal of sorts and to later re-read them helps to "externalize" them a bit and we can be somewhat more objective. To pretend that we are viewing our patterns and beliefs as if they are external to us or are happening to someone else also helps. Then we can pick a pattern … something rather simple or less threatening to start … and lead ourselves into new perspectives. This all may take some time … yet some of them can be settled rather quickly. If and when you catch on to this … you can clearly begin to design your own life by *not* fighting against the old … but replacing it with the new … until the new prevails. Fighting against the old just gives validity and energy to the old. Lure yourself away with revisions and forward-looking attention. Play any game you wish with and to yourself to accomplish this.

In a sense … we've been doing this all along … but now we begin to recognize, realize, and confront ourselves intentionally. This goes beyond just breaking a habit or two. As you let go of your limitations … that which binds and holds you back … you will naturally rise. The perspective broadens.

That … is an expanding state of consciousness.

More later.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 03-12-2020, 02:49 PM
Master

For those of you who have entered this set of posts from one of the later entries … here is a handy index of posts and the forum board post number of its location. I have had a request or two to do this … so … here it is. I will try to keep it updated every 5-10 posts or so and will re-enter it again or edit the old one.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Con 1 … Post 1 … general what-it’s-all-about blab
Con 2 … 2 … a bit of mind / energy discussion
CL 1 … Post 7 … Clarifications … why I’m making these posts
Con 3 … 10 … Reincarnation and the Path
Con 4 … Post 12 … Reincarnation continued
Con 5 … 15 … Reincarnation continued again
Con 6 … Post 19 … Know Thyself
Con 7 … 21 … We did not forget
Con 8 … Post 22 … Duality
Con 9 … 30 … God
Con 10 … Post 31 … Personal Confessions 1A
CL 4 … 33 … Clarification … find the original concept
Con 11 … Post 39 … Personal Confessions continued
Con 12 - 44 … Checkpoints, Safeguards, and Spiritual Law
Con 13 … Post 48 … I’m Offended
Con 14 … 52 … Mind cannot be forced
Con 15 … Post 54 … Stopping the Mind
Con 16 … 58 … Divided Thoughts and Narrowness of Focus
Con 17 … Post 60 … Thoughts are Things
Con 18 … 61 … Take Specific Time
Con 19 … Post 64 … That’s the way I feel
Con 20 … 68 … Stop the Mind / Kill the Ego
Con 20B … 70 … Blame the Ego
Con 21 … 72 … Let’s Analyze This
Con 22 … 74 … I’m Saying WHAT to myself ?
Con 23 … 75 … Be Very Careful
Con 24 … 7 … Turn Your Perceptions Outward
Con 25 … 80 … Who Controls Who?
Con 26 … 82 … The Great Commander

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Closed Thread