Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 05-09-2020, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
John,
That's good I suppose. You get different people within a path everywhere.

Each to their own, but to me the philosophy itself is gloomy. I think it has a lot to do with its founder being upper class and feeling guilty about that, very concerned with suffering and under the impression that 'liberation' is possible (which I don't believe). The Buddhist instructors have their prayer ''may all beings be liberated'' which would mean no more biosphere.

I'd rather go with ''The first truth is that life is amazing and extraordinary. We are privileged to participate in, and study, our natural world'', BUT... to each their own.

As previously advised, if you want to understand Buddhism you have to learn not just pick little pieces and make them into your own picture.

May all beings be liberated has nothing to do with the ' Biosphere.'
BJ may help you as his Wife/Daughter and Family are Buddhist.....
Old 05-09-2020, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
As previously advised, if you want to understand Buddhism you have to learn not just pick little pieces and make them into your own picture.

May all beings be liberated has nothing to do with the ' Biosphere.'
It has. If all beings are liberated they cease to incarnate and upon liberation, are also said to be totally nonviolent (no more karma left) which means they can't go and eat any more. You just don't get it do you? If all are 'liberated' then no more incarnations and no more ''life on Earth''.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:59 PM
janielee

Quote:
It has. If all beings are liberated they cease to incarnate and upon liberation, are also said to be totally nonviolent (no more karma left) which means they can't go and eat any more. You just don't get it do you? If all are 'liberated' then no more incarnations and no more ''life on Earth''.

You don't understand any of the words, Altair and so you keep arguing with yourself. It's like a frog who has never tasted sea water; they can't even comprehend it. Just saying..

JL

PS Edit - No kamma = no eating ROFL Are you trolling? Because it sure seems that way.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
You are definitely not getting it ask BJ I'm sure He'll be willing to help you....
Old 05-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
You don't understand any of the words, Altair and so you keep arguing with yourself. It's like a frog who has never tasted sea water; they can't even comprehend it. Just saying..

JL

I'm sure BJ can help Him understand, I give up because as you noted, some want to understand and others are .........
Old 05-09-2020, 06:10 PM
janielee

Quote:
I'm sure BJ can help Him understand, I give up because as you noted, some want to understand and others are .........

It must be hard as well to be so fixated. Leonard Cohen said, there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

Hope you're well, sky
JL
Old 05-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Master
Quote:
You are definitely not getting it ask BJ I'm sure He'll be willing to help you....

It's interesting how you continue to avoid it. You definitely can't work your way around it, that's for sure.

I'll await John's reply, if he wishes to talk about it. I talked about it to him anyway, not you. You and me have been through it before many pages back and I already noticed you don't have an answer to the dilemma.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:24 PM
janielee

It's not a dilemma, Altair - it's that you don't understand the words you reference, in my opinion. Some people can intellectually grasp it, others not so much it seems. There are countless genuine Buddhist teachers and teachings; if you were genuinely interested, I would wager you would at least have some conception. Which leads me to feel that you just want to argue and devote your energies to that. Some people want Truth, others just want their own fantasies to be true.

Best wishes,
JL
Old 05-09-2020, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
It's interesting how you continue to avoid it. You definitely can't work your way around it, that's for sure.
I'll await John's reply, if he wishes to talk about it. I talked about it to him anyway, not you. You and me have been through it before many pages back and I already noticed you don't have an answer to the dilemma.
John will give you the answers because you have the dilemma not me Both myself and JL have tried to explain but your attached to how you see ' Liberation ' but you need to see Buddha's way then your dilemma will disappear....
Old 05-09-2020, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
It must be hard as well to be so fixated. Leonard Cohen said, there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

Hope you're well, sky
JL

I'm fine JL, all safe and well. This New Way of life with this Nasty Virus is now becoming normal and a lot easier to deal with. It definitely was a ' Shock to the System ' but life goes on and hopefully ' This to shall pass ' .
Stay safe