Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 04-12-2019, 12:12 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
What if the physical universe is not separate of the ultimate non-duality reality? I ask what if, because it is best to keep an open mind about it and not come to conclusions about it. What if the big bang did not create the physical universe per se, The physical universe was there before the big bang, the big bang only created matter in the physical universe thus this will make the physical universe itself the ultimate non-duality reality/Brahman?

I'm not saying it's separate, just hidden. And no, the physical universe as we observe and understand it was not there before the Big Bang. Not matter, energy, 'fundamental' forces and not even space and time. There's something that it arose from. Gave birth to it. Call it the unified field where all differentiation ceases. Call it pure awareness. I think both are one in the same, but that's purely intuition.

From the Bhagavad Gita (11:30)

"You lap the worlds into your burning mouths and swallow them. Filled with your terrible radiance, O Vishnu, the whole of creation bursts into flame."

It's posited if one plays inflation backwards and as the observable universe becomes more and more compressed its temperature and energy level increase and the matter, energy and forces we are familiar with begin to unravel, folding into more unified form until there's only one. Some would call it the unified field.

From our energy level it's quite impossible to perceive that unification outside of Divine intervention or somehow transcending this reality to that reality.
Old 20-01-2020, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth307
No you don’t, love created the seen universe. If you want to experience true reality, then experience love, see truth in everyone everything everywhere.
I understand this now.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Reality and the mind

Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain or had a dream that disturbed you because it felt so real? Have you ever tried to explain this to anyone only to be told that you have “an over-active imagination”?

Is that since everyone perceives everything in their mind, “reality” can only ever be what our minds make it, so that what seems real to us is real. Do you agree that if more people accepted this, they might be kinder and more tolerant to one another?

I'd be really interested to hear thoughts on other people's experiences of reality.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemaNovel
Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain or had a dream that disturbed you because it felt so real? Have you ever tried to explain this to anyone only to be told that you have “an over-active imagination”?

Is that since everyone perceives everything in their mind, “reality” can only ever be what our minds make it, so that what seems real to us is real. Do you agree that if more people accepted this, they might be kinder and more tolerant to one another?
Yes, I think dreams are an extension of the conditioned ego's percieved reality. The ego perceives it's perception of reality through it's conditioning. see my signature to learn what conditioning is.
Old 25-01-2020, 12:55 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
https://www.realclearscience.com/art..._ 111182.html

"Despite using state-of-the-art quantum technology, it took weeks to collect sufficient data from just six photons to generate enough statistics. But eventually, we succeeded in showing that quantum mechanics might indeed be incompatible with the assumption of objective facts – we violated the inequality."

Interesting...
"Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY" now I am just plain jealous.
I have posted this article a number of times on the forum, but it never seemed to get much interest. Objective reality is something I let go of a while ago. Not just because it makes life more interesting and fun, but because it just seems to make modern physics so much more understandable, it is really something of a Rosetta stone. There are many clues that this is the case, but so far this is the first experimental evidence that I have run across.
I suppose if one wanted to salvage an objective reality it may be a question of opening up ones definition wide enough... probably infinity wide, but at that point, what's the difference.
Anyway, good to see the issue finally getting some air time.
Old 26-01-2020, 10:29 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I have posted this article a number of times on the forum, but it never seemed to get much interest. Objective reality is something I let go of a while ago. Not just because it makes life more interesting and fun, but because it just seems to make modern physics so much more understandable, it is really something of a Rosetta stone. There are many clues that this is the case, but so far this is the first experimental evidence that I have run across.
I suppose if one wanted to salvage an objective reality it may be a question of opening up ones definition wide enough... probably infinity wide, but at that point, what's the difference.
Anyway, good to see the issue finally getting some air time.

Objective reality is a fine thing when taken in moderation. LOL!

I like exploration and I've been fascinated, almost obsessed, with consciousness going on ten years. I like to examine it from different perspectives: religion/spirituality, psychology, neurology and physics.

Not that I glean meaningful understanding in a quantifiable way, just more perspective, gratitude and dare I say humility. As Chalmers said, it is "The Hard Problem" of consciousness. What I really find interesting and even humorous is the more dogmatic on both sides of the religion-science divide don't seem to understand they seek the exact same thing.
Old 26-01-2020, 02:07 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Objective reality is a fine thing when taken in moderation. LOL!

I like exploration and I've been fascinated, almost obsessed, with consciousness going on ten years. I like to examine it from different perspectives: religion/spirituality, psychology, neurology and physics.

Not that I glean meaningful understanding in a quantifiable way, just more perspective, gratitude and dare I say humility. As Chalmers said, it is "The Hard Problem" of consciousness. What I really find interesting and even humorous is the more dogmatic on both sides of the religion-science divide don't seem to understand they seek the exact same thing.

In my own exploration, I have come across a number of philosophers who refer to a fellow by the name of Gödel. An interesting first three letters in that name (I love these little coincidences.. find them all over the place) as it is Gödel's incompleteness theorem that is being cited as the reason consciousness is such a seemingly unsolvable problem. We can never fully understand a system from within it.

I do understand (I think?) why so many are so dogmatic regarding their beliefs. Floating about on a sea of questions (and fears I suppose) not knowing where (or even if) Terrafirma is to be found can be a rather unsettling why to live. Those who believe they have found solid ground to stand on can get rather upset when you start implying it is really just an ice berg and is going to someday melt away. An exploration of religion/spirituality, psychology, neurology and physics can raise all sorts of questions that can hasten the melting of that Ice berg.

As for this needless divide between science and religion, I have found that the more open minded I am about both, the more the divide seems to close. It is startling how many parallels are to be found between the implications of modern physics and the ancient teachings of the Yogis and mystics. But then again perhaps it should not be so surprising as they are really both studying the same thing but from different perspectives, consciousness.
Old 26-01-2020, 02:26 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Speaking of exploration (and the Adirondacks!) here's a little slice of bliss I explored last weekend. The snow started a little later than predicted, not until just before arriving at Crane Pond. The forest is so quiet when it's snowing. Standing out on the pond as the snow started picking up was soothing.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...OldestToNewest
Old 31-01-2020, 03:53 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Speaking of exploration (and the Adirondacks!) here's a little slice of bliss I explored last weekend. The snow started a little later than predicted, not until just before arriving at Crane Pond. The forest is so quiet when it's snowing. Standing out on the pond as the snow started picking up was soothing.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...OldestToNewest

Beautiful, thanks. Funny how such places, though they may be bitter cold, seem so warm and inviting nonetheless.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Master
A combination of both Mithya (false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning) and maya (ignorance of truth) creates all non-truths or illusions. Wherever there is Mithya, maya or ignorance of the truth follows. Ignorance of the truth always follows false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.

"satya or satyam. It is not merely truthfulness, but that singular Truth that can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Non-dual Truth transcends, time, space, and causation. Note, that time and space create divisions. If something transcends time and space it has no limits or boundaries. Therefore, this Truth/Reality must be infinite, eternal, and indivisible, hence, all-pervading. Further, there cannot be two infinites. Thus Brahman is all there is. So what is this world?

The statement above says it is mithya, false. But what does this false mean? It means changing, impermanent, perishable, superimposed, and dependent on something else for its existence. Another great statement from the Upanisads asserts, Sarvam khalvidam Brahman, All this, indeed, is Brahman. All this (idam), meaning that all we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering.That one, the Eternal among non-eternals, the Intelligence of the intelligent, who though ever one fulfills the desires of the many those who realize that One as existing in their own self, to them belongs eternal peace, and to none else.

Shining like burnished gold in the luminous sheath of intelligence, the deepest core of the human being, there dwells Brahman, stainless, indivisible, and pure. That is the Light of all that shines. That is what the knowers of the Self realize."
http://www.advaita-academy.org/blogs/brahman-satya/