Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 15-10-2019, 05:45 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
In Bhagavad- Gita God Krishna has said " Now I shall declare it to you in full detail the knowledge and the science by knowing which there shall remain nothing further to be known " ( BG 7-2). So God has revealed All Knowledge and one has to simply read and understand.

I have explained in the title ' All the Knowledge in the Universe ' ISBN 9788190950299 a four volume set containing all knowledge. I am confident this title justifies my arrogance and reflects your ignorance.

Please kindly stop advertising your books on this forum and using your posts as a pretext to make it known

As to the religious texts, pretty sure that that which is revealed by “God” is not written in any book, and one shouldn’t mistake a drawing of a cake with having consumed one. One simply has to read and understand?

That is quite a misleading comment in my opinion, and Only conceit comes from such a misleading belief, imv.

Jl
Old 15-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
(Slow claps)

Shivani Devi is right yet again.

And on the last paragraph, this is what occurred to me too - why does OP even care, and is there anything else OPVerma wants to do other than attack or criticize religions?

Jl
Thank you my dear.

What I am finding quite intriguing right now, is how much investment the OP places in Western Science, but if he honestly did that, he would soon realise that there is no scientific evidence for any kind of "civilization" going back more than 12,500 years ago...and here he is talking about empires ruling the world for millions of years! So either he is wrong, or science is wrong..which is it?

According to the star positions as described in the Mahabharata, the war took place some 31,000 to 32,000 years ago and I have no reason to doubt that. I would place the beginning of human civilization (beyond neanderthals and hunter gatherers) to about 50,000 - 70,000 years ago when mankind gave up their nomadic ways and did agriculture and built things...not millions of years ago and not only 12,500 years ago either.

Just a thought.
Old 15-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Experiencer

BOOK PROMOTION or KNOWLEDGE PROMOTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Please kindly stop advertising your books on this forum and using your posts as a pretext to make it known

For janielee

As to the religious texts, pretty sure that that which is revealed by “God” is not written in any book, and one shouldn’t mistake a drawing of a cake with having consumed one. One simply has to read and understand?

That is quite a misleading comment in my opinion, and Only conceit comes from such a misleading belief, imv.

Jl

Who are you ? hiding your identity under a fake alias. My posts are meant for persons like Nobel Laureates, Professors, Mathematicians, and serious spiritual seekers and not uneducated persons like you. You can see some of the following out of more than 100 of my threads in SF.

--HOW the BOOK 'The Universe' could have SAVED US$ 0.601 TRILLION of NASA.

--CAN ANYONE CALCULATE WHEN DID the ACCELERATING EXPANSION of the UNIVERSE BEGIN ?

--EINSTEIN'S THEORY OF RELATIVITY Vs VERMA'S ASTRO-RELATIVITY THEORY

My discoveries have saved trillions of dollars of National governments in avoiding duplication of research worldwide.

Instead of Scientific Journals, I am I am Using SF for publication. It is standard practice in scholarly writing to give reference to the source of what you are saying. AS I claim discovery, I have to mention my books.

I have acquired all this knowledge from Indian Scriptures including Bhagavad Gita. I have spent more than USD 1.1 million to produce these books and it would be foolish to spend so much of time and energy on SF for selling $150 books to the target buyers like you, who can't afford it.
Old 15-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Who are you ? hiding your identity under a fake alias. My posts are meant for persons like Nobel Laureates, Professors, Mathematicians, and serious spiritual seekers and not uneducated persons like you. You can see some of the following out of more than 100 of my threads in SF.

--CAN ANYONE CALCULATE WHEN DID the ACCELERATING EXPANSION of the UNIVERSE BEGIN ?

My discoveries have saved trillions of dollars of National governments in avoiding duplication of research worldwide.

Instead of Scientific Journals, I am I am Using SF for publication. It is standard practice in scholarly writing to give reference to the source of what you are saying. AS I claim discovery, I have to mention my books.

I have acquired all this knowledge from Indian Scriptures including Bhagavad Gita. I have spent more than USD 1.1 million to produce these books and it would be foolish to spend so much of time and energy on SF for selling $150 books to the target buyers like you, who can't afford it.

That is pure bluster. You accuse others of being uneducated and yet your own posts betray a stunning ignorance of basic scientific facts. If NASA relied on you for anything, their rockets would be falling out of the sky on a daily basis. You are guilty not only of self-promotion but belittling others that point out the Kindergarten-level flaws in your "scientific" theories. I hope the mods will pick up on that and put you in your place.
Old 15-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Master
Isn't it a shame when you are the second coming of the Messiah, but nobody will even humour you because they believe you are just another psychotic lunatic no matter how many books you have written? Tell me about it!

OR you could give Shaktipat to a whole room full of people and lead them into the bliss of Samadhi..that is IF they would only open up to you, but everyone thinks you "want something" or "have an agenda" or they just don't like you or don't trust you...yep, it is a crying shame!

I don't have the patience to sit down and write a book (quodos to anyone who does)...I tried that once, but I just had too many things to say which would take way more than 4 volumes...but hark! lo! I have almost reached my 10,000 post mark here on SF and I understand that I did this INSTEAD of writing a book, because I enjoy immediate feedback...I don't want to write something that nobody is ever gonna read, be they Nobel Laureates, Mathematicians, Scholars or even serious-minded Spiritual seekers...besides which, I will only be parroting Valmiki, Vyasa, Brighu, Markandey, Shankara, Patanjali, Svatmarama...et al, but doing it in my own words based upon my own private experience which would mean eff-all to another person anyway.

For example, if I wrote a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita which I don't really feel like doing, millions of people would read it, but if I wrote a commentary on the Vigyan Bhairava Tantra (which I am actually in the middle of doing) I would enjoy doing so, but NOBODY would read it!!! So, I still need to reconcile the conundrum, would I be writing for others to read it or would I be writing because I enjoy writing?...and I have not been able to answer that question yet.

So, do you really think you are going to find a Nobel Laureate, an Astrophysicist or even a "sincere spiritual seeker" on SF to critique your work? Geez! I have spent the past 5 years on SF looking and waiting for another Vedantic scholar, a Tantrika, even a Shaivite like myself to critique MINE...so far, no luck ..they all live on Facebook!

You could try Hindu Dharma Forums...I would, but Satay the Admin and I have a major personality clash...he put the "justice" into "justified arrogance" and so, I haven't been there in about 10 years now...I may go back one day, but the site is pretty much dead anyway...but that is where all of the "Hindu Religious Academics" hang out...maybe you could start this thread THERE! I wonder how long you would last?

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/

Maybe one day I will return there...when I get over the habit of bypassing the swear filter that at least the mods on SF tolerate (when it comes to me personally), even though they don't like it...the downside is, of course, that I am totally ignored whenever I report an offensive post... because I am not "perfect" myself...so, the day when I become "perfect" and learn how NOT to "be myself" and get proficient at a$$ kissing, is the day I will return to Hindu Dharma forums..

For now, I will take a leaf out of kralaro's book..

If you honestly know everything there is to know, can you please tell me the name of my dog?

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 15-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
That is pure bluster. You accuse others of being uneducated and yet your own posts betray a stunning ignorance of basic scientific facts. If NASA relied on you for anything, their rockets would be falling out of the sky on a daily basis. You are guilty not only of self-promotion but belittling others that point out the Kindergarten-level flaws in your "scientific" theories. I hope the mods will pick up on that and put you in your place.
Yeah, I wonder why Pundit OP Verma isn't off enjoying the billions of dollars he received for saving NASA's space program, instead of trying to get appreciation on a backwater spiritual forum consisting mainly of others who just don't give a damn?...it doesn't take a mathematician to see that this doesn't add up.
Old 15-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Master

Quote:

Krishna has stated humility to be a sign of wisdom and knowledge.

Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity; approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness; self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification; absence of false ego; the perception of the evil of birth, death, old age and disease; detachment; freedom from entanglement with children, wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me (Self); aspiring to live in a solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the Absolute Truth – all these I declare to be knowledge, and besides this whatever there may be is ignorance.” ( BG : 13.08)

The transcendental qualities are conducive to liberation, whereas the demonic qualities make for bondage. Do not worry, O son of Pandu, for you are born with the divine qualities. (Chapter 16, Verse 5)

By arrogantly stating that you possess scholarly knowledge, don't you think you are missing out on humility as taught by Krishna, and thereby creating karmic bondages for yourself !

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 15-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Krishna has stated humility to be a sign of wisdom and knowledge.

Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity; approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness; self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification; absence of false ego; the perception of the evil of birth, death, old age and disease; detachment; freedom from entanglement with children, wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me (Self); aspiring to live in a solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the Absolute Truth – all these I declare to be knowledge, and besides this whatever there may be is ignorance.” ( BG : 13.08)

The transcendental qualities are conducive to liberation, whereas the demonic qualities make for bondage. Do not worry, O son of Pandu, for you are born with the divine qualities. (Chapter 16, Verse 5)

By arrogantly stating that you possess scholarly knowledge, don't you think you are missing out on humility as taught by Krishna, and thereby creating karmic bondages for yourself !
Although we don't cross paths much, kindly allow me to show you something...it will also serve to educate others:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/member.php?u=45514
Kindly bring your attention to the date of birth.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/member.php?u=48527
Kindly bring your attention to the date of birth.

Those born on this day are karmically incapable of experiencing humility (and empathy).

We also cannot be taught - not even by God himself.

I have been banned from every place I have ever attended because of it. I have also made many enemies because of it!

The thing is, we need to work with what we have and those of us who have huge egos (like the OP and myself) have gotta learn blatant self-honesty REAL quick to be on any kind of a "spiritual path".

Yes, I know I am arrogant, overbearing, not humble....I freely admit it, but unlike most Leos with a number 1 life-path number, I have learned that whatever I say NEEDS to be beyond reproach and beyond question, so that I don't come out of the argument looking like a total idiot for my obvious lack OF knowledge...which is something the OP has yet to master...he better get a wiggle-on.

There is something else that only a 1st Leo will get ..

The OP is in his 70's...a Leo..a number 1....a Hindu ...

India has changed drastically...the religion has changed! Teachers now are nothing like they were from the 50's to the 70's...gone are the days when we would hear beautiful bhajans by Lata Mangeshkar, Mohd. Rafi...nowdays, if I hear another heavily autotuned bhangra bhajan with electronic drum accompaniment, I'm gonna throw something at my stereo player...and I am only 55! I cannot imagine how a 70+ Hindu would feel about not being able to find anything "traditional" about a "tradition" anymore, so it makes them all bitter and twisted about the religion and all who practice it...watch..

Why do Hindus not enjoy their work? Because it is 2019 and not 1969 anymore!

Now you all will begin to understand what it is that I know!

Hara Hara Mahadev!
Old 15-10-2019, 04:57 PM
janielee

Quote:

That’s nice that you’re so educated and proud of your own works.

I admire people who write books, I also recommend though that it’s not done with a view of criticising others, and/or scientific views are not taken as any penultimate thing.

I remember the pain of the ego, the humility that cannot be expressed because the ego is so front and center,

Haha haha to “who are you” btw

Jl
Old 15-10-2019, 04:57 PM
janielee

Always good to read you SD, and other friends.

Jl