Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-08-2019, 06:23 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The concept of a ' Trinity ' is not in the bible.

“The doctrine of the Trinity developed gradually after the completion of the New Testament in the heat of controversy, but the church fathers who developed it believed they were simply exegeting [explaining] divine revelation and not at all speculating or inventing new ideas. The full-blown doctrine of the Trinity was spelled out in the fourth century at two great ecumenical (universal) councils: Nicea (325 A.D.) and Constantinople (381 A.D.)” (2002, pp. 1-2).

We see from this and other sources quoted above that the idea of a Trinity was foreign to the biblical writers. Instead, as many of these sources openly acknowledge, the doctrine of the Trinity developed considerably later and over a span of several centuries. '

That's all well and good.
In 2019 in the counsel of my head I use the word Trinity to spell out the union of Father, Mother and Son. Just a bit of laziness on my part.

I did realize it is not in the Bible.
If I remember, I will use the word unction since it does appear in the King James authorized version once.
No promises though.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes it does represent your personal idea of the truth, but in reality it comes down to speculation.

Our history and our human nature says something else.... This is from where I draw my words, tell me, what would make you to believe that there were/are other people like Jesus, good in every way?
Old 03-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Our history and our human nature says something else.... This is from where I draw my words, tell me, what would make you to believe that there were/are other people like Jesus, good in every way?

Jesus did what I would call ' Nasty ' deeds like all Humans do. I don't have 'Blind Faith' and always look at ' Actions ' to make my decisions so I can say that I have personally met perfect or what I would call ' perfect people ' I have also studied the Teachings of many and found many Spiritual Teachers with perfection, Buddha is one....
Old 03-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
That's all well and good.
In 2019 in the counsel of my head I use the word Trinity to spell out the union of Father, Mother and Son. Just a bit of laziness on my part.

I did realize it is not in the Bible.
If I remember, I will use the word unction since it does appear in the King James authorized version once.
No promises though.

It's a long time since I heard the word Unction. As my Mother was a Roman Catholic and believed in all rigmaroles and Dogmas I made sure she received Extreme Unction just before she passed, that's brought back memories.....
Old 03-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Master

I think a Christian has to believe Jesus is God because the first Christians did. I'm not saying there wasn't different views about how to understand that...there's quite a few. Outside of Christianity people are free to think differently anything they like, and might also understand something about him better than someone who is a Christian i think that happens sometimes

The very first Christian writing the Odes says this
"For I believed in the Lord's Messiah, and considered that He is the Lord.
And He revealed to me His sign, and He led me by His light.
And He gave me the scepter of His power, that I might subdue the devices of the people, and humble the power of the mighty"

These folks really did believe he was the Lord.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Master
As I was saying in the first post of this thread Jesus can be known by having a relationship with Him as though He is "The Way, The Truth and The Life", Or as though He is "The Door" etc.

It is through my relationship with Jesus that I determine who or what He is. I have no idea if He was perfect when He was here on earth or if anyone has ever come close to His state of being.

However....I have tried to establish a relationship with all manner of beings/Gods in my time and Jesus is the only one who really resonates with me. There is someone there who responds. Someone strong and kind. No man could do this. Consider that Jesus is being sought by billions of people and that He has a relationship with almost all of them (if not all). Which enlightened man could do that?

People all over the world are touched by the grace of Jesus every day. No enlightened master has such a capacity for love. Only God can do that.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Master
There are two other beings whom I love dearly. One is Yahweh and the other is the Goddess. Both of these beings are obviously God (to me) but they are so vast and unconditional that it is almost impossible to have a relationship with them. Jesus is different because He is more focused. He is more approachable and specific than unconditional God/Goddess.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:45 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
As I was saying in the first post of this thread Jesus can be known by having a relationship with Him as though He is "The Way, The Truth and The Life", Or as though He is "The Door" etc.

It is through my relationship with Jesus that I determine who or what He is. I have no idea if He was perfect when He was here on earth or if anyone has ever come close to His state of being.

However....I have tried to establish a relationship with all manner of beings/Gods in my time and Jesus is the only one who really resonates with me. There is someone there who responds. Someone strong and kind. No man could do this. Consider that Jesus is being sought by billions of people and that He has a relationship with almost all of them (if not all). Which enlightened man could do that?

People all over the world are touched by the grace of Jesus every day. No enlightened master has such a capacity for love. Only God can do that.

I think the way you expressed the relationship with Jesus Christ
is the utmost important topic. How we can have that personal relationship.
In my case my identity as a Son and not an orphan.
Knowing this relationship is real and I am not alone, but cared for.
Having a relationship through Divine Love.

What exact label which is placed on Him is of less importance.
It is the relationship that is important.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Obtaining the status of the Child of God begins with receiving the Holy Ghost. Without receiving the Holy Ghost, one cannot be a son/daughter of God.

In the latter days, theres going to be a pouring out of God's Spirit upon humans, and this has come to pass beginning at the day of Pentecost. And now we see how Jesus set the world on Fire through His Apostles and many other Saints.
Acts 2:17

We see that in order to be a Child of God, Apostle Peter gives us the following steps in Acts 2:38, and that is to repent, be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Ghost. Due to our identification with Adam and his fall, our repentance of sin is incomplete until we disassociate from Adam and his fall to Sin and associate with Christ and His rise to Glory through Water Baptism, which we all know is a symbol of dying rising with Christ. Well, At least this is how the Apostles preached it.

When we have associated with Christ through His death, and come up out the water, we stand ready to share in His Glory and therefore are candidates to receive the Holy Ghost and be once more adopted as Children of God. This makes us "New Creations", as God then cleanses us, sanctifies us and gives us a new spirit and heart and the puts His Spirit into us.
Ezekiel 36:25-27

Without disassociating from Adam who is estranged with God, it is quite challenging to communicate with God and there is always this feeling of "distance" from Him and a desire to bridge that gap. When we have received this Tree of Life in us, the true relationship with God begins and those difficulties in communicating with God are broken, as He communicates to you as His beloved son/daughter, and this is the beginning of something awesome. Then the door to countless mysteries are open.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Obtaining the status of the Child of God begins with receiving the Holy Ghost. Without receiving the Holy Ghost, one cannot be a son/daughter of God.

In the latter days, theres going to be a pouring out of God's Spirit upon humans, and this has come to pass beginning at the day of Pentecost. And now we see how Jesus set the world on Fire through His Apostles and many other Saints.
Acts 2:17

We see that in order to be a Child of God, Apostle Peter gives us the following steps in Acts 2:38, and that is to repent, be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Ghost. Due to our identification with Adam and his fall, our repentance of sin is incomplete until we disassociate from Adam and his fall to Sin and associate with Christ and His rise to Glory through Water Baptism, which we all know is a symbol of dying rising with Christ. Well, At least this is how the Apostles preached it.

When we have associated with Christ through His death, and come up out the water, we stand ready to share in His Glory and therefore are candidates to receive the Holy Ghost and be once more adopted as Children of God. This makes us "New Creations", as God then cleanses us, sanctifies us and gives us a new spirit and heart and the puts His Spirit into us.
Ezekiel 36:25-27

Without disassociating from Adam who is estranged with God, it is quite challenging to communicate with God and there is always this feeling of "distance" from Him and a desire to bridge that gap. When we have received this Tree of Life in us, the true relationship with God begins and those difficulties in communicating with God are broken, as He communicates to you as His beloved son/daughter, and this is the beginning of something awesome. Then the door to countless mysteries are open.

We are all Children of God, even those who have never heard of a Holy Ghost.