Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-06-2019, 05:05 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is a very beautiful post and it stirred up stuff inside me.

Yes, God loves me SO much, I know it...but most of the time, I am too busy showing my love for Him that I don't really put myself on the receiving end of it...but I have done that quite a few times...it is scary!

I, too, am a loner. It is difficult to walk this path, but God has been there, holding my hand throughout it all..I don't know where I would be without this.
We have this tendency because inherently we know we don't deserve it. It's like how Thanos in the comics sabotages himself and lowkey deliberately leaves a way for the heroes to defeat him. In a way, we are all the Tragic Hero. Embracing our own demise subconsciously because we know God and Heaven is infinitely beyond our worth. It takes a lot of weight and momentum... to actually set ourselves up to recieve blessing. Especially in a way where we don't have too big of a head because of it.
Old 28-06-2019, 03:41 AM
Seeker

Wow, thank you for the discussion and thoughts! One thing that stuck out to me was when someone mentioned being gay. I have a family member who is gay, and has recently come out to the family. I belong to this family through marriage. When he told me and other family members in a group chat what he had done, I wanted to dance for him! I was over-the-moon, wildly happy for him! And I could not imagine how much bravery it took to do something like that, especially when he was raised to believe being gay was a sin.

He now brings his fiance every time he visits home. And he has told me that if his parents continue to do rude things (like introduce his fiance as his "friend") then there is going to be a very big discussion.

But thinking about him kind of maybe gave me a few nuggets of wisdom. For one thing, he doesn't care what they think about him, but he does care for how his partner is treated. He has taken control of the situation, decided his ground rules, and stuck by them. I've read other replies in this thread that seem to say the same: don't worry what others think, stick to being who you are. It seems so difficult to me, and it will probably require a lot of work. You have to be in the moment and mindful of your thoughts in order to change how you've been thinking your entire life. But it's possible. You guys are great! :)