Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 21-06-2019, 03:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Well, I am just riding on the coattails of one Terrence McKenna...the revelation ain't mine.

https://youtu.be/Nxn2LlBJDl0
Denver just legalized magic mushrooms. So pack yourself a lava lamp and jump on an airplane. Who knows, you may have a few of those far out revelations of your own.

Peace Man
Old 23-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
According to mainstream archeology, the oldest forms of religious worship are Goddess, Moon and Serpent - worship. We also think that Neanderthals were Matriarchal moon-worshippers. This is most probably the oldest form of religion and its remnants are Shaivism and Shaktism in India, as well as Tantra in general. They all relate to the Kundalini serpent and the Goddess. They all predate Christianity and Islam by tens of thousands of years.
Great!
even i am hindu...is spirituality of Christianity and Islam right or wrong ?
because as far as i know they both concentrate largely on books.

Thanks
Old 23-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
I don't think spirituality has anything to do with religion and I don't think religions exclude spirituality. As for where it came from, we are humans, we think of things, we notice that there is an underlying something outside of our senses and maybe we need to label that.
i think otherwise since religions are based on books not inner self hence i think both are very very different concepts..please guide if i am wrong.

Thanks
Old 25-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Master

Spirituality comes from and is Spirit.

That's the pure and simple origin, significance, viability, and ultimate result.

Old 27-06-2019, 12:50 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry420
My question means that who brought spirituality to earth , I mean which religion ?

No religion existing today is or was the original fount. Long aeons ago Divine Ones stimulated humanity's spiritual mind. Back then there were no rituals or priests or religion as we know it. It was simply the Wisdom, shared to differing degrees among all humans.

The Theosophy that Helena Blavatsky taught gives more on the subject.
Old 25-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Remontvfdsspb

Where Did spirituality come from

When I Build A Freighter, I Try to Build a Couple of Fighters to Give Them Some Semblance of Defense when SCA Challenge them for their Cargo...
However, More Often than not, I get a Red Pop Up that X Freighter has been Destroyed in Y System...
At This point, I reload a game from Half Hour or so Back, and try to find out what Happened to My Defense for that Freighter...

What I have seen is that The Fighters, I Assigned From Manufacturer to DEFEND THAT Freighter, Are Two Or Three Systems Away From Where that Freighter Was Killed.
After some time looking into WHY They were not at the assigned Task, I see there is an EXTRA Order that has Been Placed into their Order Que, of Fly and Wait...

Since I Took Said Fighter From The Warf, and The First Assignment I Gave It Was Defend This Ship... Where did the Command Fly and Wait Come From???

It would seem to me that there are still Command Bugs that show their Ugly Heads now and then which are Very Annoying...
Old 17-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Spirituality 'IS' it is it's own reason for being. The historical drama of development, the rise and fall of civilisations, the development of tools etc. etc. as much of this as you believe, is just that, A Drama, a Creation as the Christians like to call it. Spirituality is the unconditioned, the unborn, the undying, God .. the drama of life exists within the unconditioned, the unconditioned exists within the drama of life. The Buddhist phrase 'Form is only emptiness, emptiness only Form' alludes to this.

To get back to your original question, Where does spirituality come from ? It doesn't come from anywhere in the ordinary sense of the word but is everywhere. Perhaps it reveals itself as the world proceeds ? It is an uncovering and a falling away rather than an acquisition, although various saints. mystics and practitioners of all faiths and traditions have made great efforts to know God. So it is an acquisition in that sense. That great efforts were made and results were had. Will spirit reveal itself so much that the whole world will become enlightened ? Interesting question and I think this is the question behind your question. Will the Biblical revelations prove to be true and the world destroy itself ? Or will facebook bring us closer to world unity and peace etc. ? interesting thanks for the opportunity to air a few views.
I agree to what your saying. I feel it also comes from oneself. Ever notice after an extreme personal event a level of "spiritually" fallows? For example you don't eat for a week, you work extremely hard for that meal. Then you get so happy, thank full and emotional you thank EVERYTHING for that meal. Is gives that meal a spiritual meaning.
Old 17-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Once upon a time, there was a group of proto hominids...hunter gatherers out looking for their daily repast.

Not finding much, they stumbled upon a patch of unusual blue fungi and thought "hmm...I wonder if this is edible?" So they took it back to their caves and proceeded to consume it.

Not long thereafter, cave paintings, language and spirituality was born.

Not far off the mark at all I would imagine. Imagine being the key word.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 17-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Spirituality has already been around for a long time. Take the witch of Endor for example, who would probably (if she really existed) embrace the same kind of New Age philosophy a lot of spiritual people nowadays have, but back in those days they were just labeled as witches. Therefore it may be a little bit hard to tell where it comes from.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
No religion existing today is or was the original fount. Long aeons ago Divine Ones stimulated humanity's spiritual mind. Back then there were no rituals or priests or religion as we know it. It was simply the Wisdom, shared to differing degrees among all humans.

The Theosophy that Helena Blavatsky taught gives more on the subject.
Wisdom.... Sophia.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜