Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-05-2019, 02:24 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe6pack
I go for the notion god is every thing , so every one sees god already , how ever some might see more of it as in looking deeper and beyond the surface of things . how ever anyone can have it his own way .
if your a soul who loves words and 'the word' perhaps get a XXL felt tip pen and write the word god on all and every thing around you , so as to experience god in your favorite way ,

by his word in writing , for those more visual inspired perhaps draw images of god on all around you so you can see him every where .
want to go further ? I am sure you can ,I guess the end is not easy to find in this unlimited exploration

Nice contribution. Thank you.

'unlimited exploration'...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Master

There are a couple of key concepts that I'm investigating right now that bring me to the brink of experiencing God. I find it hard to put them into words but the exploration is interesting and I'm sure the ideas are popular in lots of path and traditions.

The first idea is Perfection. I'm fascinated by this idea ( I'm also aware that we used this idea on some level as humans to beat ourselves up) but I don't mean the idea of Perfection in this sense. I have come to some kind of conviction lately that the idea of perfection points to the reality of perfection or God in that sense. I have asked people why the notion of perfection exists at all ? Without religious, philosophical or political interests or commitment the idea is still in the minds of 'ordinary people'. I say this because alot of people are of the attitude that it is such systems as religion etc. that bring about this notion of Perfection. But slowly slowly I am of the opinion that it is not the case and that the idea of perfection itself exists within the human being because it points and leads the human being towards his or her inner most self which is perfect. Even the perpetrator of 'Evil acts' is committed in some way to the idea of perfection within their dark goings on. I think there are parallels here between this idea I am entertaining and some Christian Theology eg. the idea of the Summon Bonum etc. but I'm not entirely convinced this is where my idea is coming from. Would be interesting to know more about this idea within Hinduism.

The second idea for me at the moment is Expansion Seeing the bigger picture if you will. I suppose a simple analogy might be something like I can't have knowledge of the whole of New York by concentrating on 42nd street. Vice versa might also be true but i'm not sure to what end. I suppose a spiritual myopia exists which has been called by many names, Sin, illusion, Maya , ignorance, dreaming etc. This blindness exists and is highlighted when we encounter a phenomenon such as Death. It is only in understanding that this phenomenon occurs to all Pauper and King alike that we can truly be alive. Understanding our own death in a very contracted way leads to depression and misery. Understanding the universal principle of such a thing as death leads to the expansion that i spoke about. So although the individual ego rallies to put on a show of uniqueness and specialness in some cases, appearing on a little tv screen etc. it cannot swim comfortably in the vast ocean of universal and universal principles..?

(hey as i said earlier im still trying to experience and figure out this idea of the bigger picture and the idea of expansion if you will so sorry if it sounds a little confusing so thanks for the opportunity ...:)

I find it hard to put this into words but it could be a good exercise for me to do so or a folly lol. Anyways this idea of the bigger picture or expansion has been called oneness or unity. It's also funny that ideas such as democracy, egalitarianism etc. as demonstrated by human beings point in their inadequacies to the ideas of perfect democracy and egalitarianism or Real democracy and real egalitarianism. Was it yourself Miss Hepburn who had a post asking for what God meant to you ..or names of God, i think it was ? I made a reply to that and after i had several ideas and names for God listed, I lost the post lolol...Anyway i'd like to posit 2 names here for God. The Great Democratiser, The Great Leveller etc. Thanks once again

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 07-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Was it yourself Miss Hepburn who had a post asking for what God meant to you ..or names of God, i think it was ? I made a reply to that and after i had several ideas and names for God listed, I lost the post lolol...Anyway i'd like to posit 2 names here for God. The Great Democratiser, The Great Leveller etc. Thanks once again
No, I don't think that was me....maybe the name one, tho ? And thanks for your post above.
I sometimes call God The Cosmic Shape-shifter.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
No, I don't think that was me....maybe the name one, tho ? And thanks for your post above.
I sometimes call God The Cosmic Shape-shifter.

I've just checked it and it was a post which was about describing God
:)

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 08-05-2019, 07:38 PM
How to see God everywhere?

-Stop
-Make your awareness like a radio receiver
-Tune into a higher frequency...love, light, a realm where angels and God dwell

You can do it...we are made and equipped to do this. Oh, yeah.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:49 AM
Master

Quote:
How to see God everywhere?

-Stop
-Make your awareness like a radio receiver
-Tune into a higher frequency...love, light, a realm where angels and God dwell

You can do it...we are made and equipped to do this. Oh, yeah.

You can quite literally see God everywhere by stopping trying to see God somewhere. Somewhere being our own pre occupation with people places and things that don't have a universal truth ... like your yellow sofa may give you some access to the yellow sofa club and offer some society there which is marvelous of course to some degree but God appears clearly in the Univeral principles of what we call life, Birth, Death , love, ...its easier to see him there than in yellow sofas ..although William Blake might have been able to see him in a yellow sofa if he had had one ..no i dont think Blake had a yellow sofa :)
Thanks for the opportunity to blurt this out !! sincerely God Bless.

Old 09-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Color

When a person can pause to tune into something, other than thoughts, of course...
just to listen, (let's use the sense of hearing, for example)...all of a sudden they can hear
the clock they didn't before...then the distance traffic or birds,
or the children 2 blocks away...then, the even more subtle ...the ever-present
Sound Current....that even in a loud room they can become so familiarized to it
they can hear even 'it' there....under the music or over the music.
It is a very good starting practice..leading to deeper things in formal meditation.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
When a person can pause to tune into something, other than thoughts, of course...
just to listen, (let's use the sense of hearing, for example)...all of a sudden they can hear
the clock they didn't before...then the distance traffic or birds,
or the children 2 blocks away...then, the even more subtle ...the ever-present
Sound Current....that even in a loud room they can become so familiarized to it
they can hear even 'it' there....under the music or over the music.
It is a very good starting practice..leading to deeper things in formal meditation.

I guess the manner of unfoldings vary from person to person

Quite fabulous what you say

But yes, there is definitely an internal polarity of senses ... also stated in the book Naam or Word by Kirpal Singh which you had recommended; oh thanks for that!

Old 09-05-2019, 06:01 PM
Knower
For me, I simply see by seeing. The birds, bees, flowers, trees, even waste and rot. But to FEEL the presence of God in everything? Much more difficult! Truly, I believe we always see, hear, and feel God everywhere, all the time. ALL of us. But some people may have difficulty accepting this, like my eldest brother.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:30 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

But yes, there is definitely an internal polarity of senses ... also stated in the book
Naam or Word by Kirpal Singh which you had recommended; oh thanks for that!
Wonderful book, explains a lot to the novice and the old-timer. Thank you for trusting me.