Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Reincarnation was part of early Christianity, you can find verses that have not been removed from the Bible, it does depend on which Bible you read though as different versions obviously have been altered to suit....

What you've said is demonstrably false. I challenge you to support your claims with proof.
Old 25-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
What you've said is demonstrably false. I challenge you to support your claims with proof.

False to you but not to some. Do some Bible reading, it is there for all to see
I have Posted one previously, the rest you can find yourself.
Old 25-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untersberg56
Where Do We Go at Death if not to heaven or hell?

This question is easily answered if one is Buddhist, Hindu or Sikh: you come back for another ride on the Wheel of Life and Death.

At the Council of Nicea in 325 CE, the Church prohibited the doctrine of reincarnation and so Christians are not allowed to believe.

Nevertheless, the evidence can be pretty persuasive: Simply GOOGLE "10 Mysterious Kids Who Remember Their Past Lives" and discover many, many more children than ten who can remember their past life before the memory begins to fade in childhood.

Perhaps it is time to begin a campaign urging the Papacy to reconsider the 325 CE decision on its merits?

Before we get to that question, wouldn't it be more wise to rather ask how to perfectly define both heaven and hell first?
Old 26-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Master
The thing people miss regarding reasoning about reincarnation involves how science today states time (related with space and gravity), is an illusion.

Which alone indicates the true nature of the material world, and universe.
Reincarnation of course is all about linear time, and successive lifetimes.
Again, which is illusory.

The actual and greater reality of reincarnation then is about emanation, and radiance, not successive and repeated lifetimes.
Which would involve multi-world, and dimensional theories in science.
All concurrent, and not successive.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-06-2019, 10:17 PM
Master

Quote:

I would characterise it like this Sky/Vince:

Re-incarnation was found among Gnostics with the odd church father being sympathetic i think (Origen?)

Certainly the budding early church appeared to not be into re-incarnation, i would agree with that

If Sky wants to argue that the original Jesus people did in fact believe in it but it got removed, well then that is a personal belief she has and it's got a few crumbs of support in some places here and there, but this is getting into personal beliefs very much

So reincarnation was not found in the early Church apart from in groups of Christians outside the mainstream and on the fringes of orthadoxy, but it was found in them.

Its personal beliefs though in the end I think
Old 27-06-2019, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:

That is an incredibly ridiculous and pretentious thing to say - do some Bible reading!? You must be kidding. I read the Bible every day. I've been through each book of the Bible many times, reading both for enjoyment and study. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there is no room for reincarnation in the Biblical worldview.

False to you but not to some? What? We are talking about historical facts, not subjective opinions. Either Reincarnation was a part of the early Judeo-Christian worldview or it wasn't. Either there are facts to support this idea or there aren't. All I need is one verse to prove you wrong:

Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.
Old 27-06-2019, 04:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I would characterise it like this Sky/Vince:

Re-incarnation was found among Gnostics with the odd church father being sympathetic i think (Origen?)

Certainly the budding early church appeared to not be into re-incarnation, i would agree with that

If Sky wants to argue that the original Jesus people did in fact believe in it but it got removed, well then that is a personal belief she has and it's got a few crumbs of support in some places here and there, but this is getting into personal beliefs very much

So reincarnation was not found in the early Church apart from in groups of Christians outside the mainstream and on the fringes of orthadoxy, but it was found in them.

Its personal beliefs though in the end I think

Yes, but we must not consider gnostics to be Christians. They were heretics who distorted the original teachings. They did not follow the historical Christ of the Bible, they created their own version, as they did with scripture. Christianity and gnosticism are mutually exclusive and the truth of the Bible renders gnostics teachings false.
Old 27-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.

Man is not the soul. An individual dies once the soul is eternal.
Old 27-06-2019, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
That is an incredibly ridiculous and pretentious thing to say - do some Bible reading!? You must be kidding. I read the Bible every day. I've been through each book of the Bible many times, reading both for enjoyment and study. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there is no room for reincarnation in the Biblical worldview.

False to you but not to some? What? We are talking about historical facts, not subjective opinions. Either Reincarnation was a part of the early Judeo-Christian worldview or it wasn't. Either there are facts to support this idea or there aren't. All I need is one verse to prove you wrong:

One of many verses suggestive of Reincarnation.....

' All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. IF THEY HAD BEEN THINKING OF THE COUNTRY THEY HAD LEFT, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD OPPORTUNITY TO RETURN. Instead they were longing for a better country — a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. (Heb 11:13–16) '
Old 27-06-2019, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Man is not the soul. An individual dies once the soul is eternal.

Do you personally think that Soul and Spirit are different.?