Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 24-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Is money the root of all evil

I have pondered this question. I think I have come up with an answer that might surprise you.

http://spiritualityquest.org/is-money-evil?
Old 24-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
I have pondered this question. I think I have come up with an answer that might surprise you.

http://spiritualityquest.org/is-money-evil?

I would say that money is not the root of all evil, it's the way you use it that can be evil.
Old 24-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Master
Agree...

Basically, I'd agree with you 100% sky... Although that theory might depend (just a little bit) on how you keep it: or dispose of it...

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 24-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
Basically, I'd agree with you 100% sky... Although that theory might depend (just a little bit) on how you keep it: or dispose of it...

Exactly, do good by helping others in need, greed is evil....
Old 24-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Newbie ;)

nah i don't think so. this statement is one of the most detrimental beliefs i've ever had to shake off. money itself is neutral. it's just a piece of paper. the person who holds it is either good or evil.
Old 24-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Money is FUN!
It is part of the riches we can enjoy here.
This is a playground, afterall!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Master

If you are quoting the Bible (Timothy 1/ 6) then you are quoting it wrongly.

It's - The love of money is the root of all evil.

So ponder the question again. There's a difference.
Old 25-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
If you are quoting the Bible (Timothy 1/ 6) then you are quoting it wrongly.

It's - The love of money is the root of all evil.

So ponder the question again. There's a difference.
Then the money of Love is the root of all good
Old 25-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Hi Busby,
And, of course, the love of money would mean all the things that money is used for ...earthly power and
the love of the temporary things you can acquire, imo.

Thus, the love of 'things' that end, and lead us away from the Truth;
the Eternal that we are after, the Real... that which
never ends and is our Source; the source of love and joy and wisdom, Heaven...or Home.

Evil being defined, to me, as that which takes you away from Truth, God...
or the opposite of godliness. (?) Just off the top.

Like having a false idol...materialism...the love of materialism...again,
that which is finite...thus, loving that more than that which is the Infinite or the Infinite One.

Love of money as the root, yes...but love of what money can acquire in this
finite world, also.

My expansion on the theme.

Now, if a person can love God and all His gifts or abundance, knowing
them for
what they are...fun gifts, but not real...there is the balance.

Prosperity preachers are looked down upon by many sects because
of this misunderstanding...
thinking they are preaching about love of materialism...
throwing God out the window.
But, that isn't true ...they
are preaching about understanding God's gifts and being
joyous about them...as I take it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Pathfinder

Money can't be the root of evil, because money has its roots in Capitalism. That would mean Capitalism is the root of the evil. ;)

But obviously money doesn't cause all evil. Just a lot of it. Though I don't really agree it creates good, either.
No, when does money EVER create good? Money isn't ever necessary or required as you stated, Tom. Money is simply current society's form of compensation for someone doing something that society determined to be necessary in many cases. For example, a doctor doesn't need to be paid to do an organ transplant, nor does the hospital. They can just do it if they wanted to do it, for free. And wouldn't we see this as 'good'? In fact, many would say it's the greatest form of good there is. To do something out of kindness and not the desire to be compensated.

But because of the way society works usually things need to be compensated. Because how is a doctor going to survive if he cannot afford food, water, and a home? The people who have these things also want to be compensated so they aren't going to do all of their jobs for free either.
But imagine a society that doesn't use money, but everyone still goes to work and does what they need to do. Society doesn't 'require' money. Money is a contrivance that our society, a Capitalist society, uses as a means of exchange. Nothing more. So I'm not sure why so many people often assume money is necessary. Just because we don't currently experience a society that exists without money doesn't mean one couldn't exist.