Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuubbybunny0315
The thought terrifies me too. I have no idea what will happen. Usually I imagine nothingness, being raised Baptist I wonder if I'll burn in hell for abandoning my faith but when I'm faced with the death of a loved one or friend, in that moment all I can imagine is they are gone. There is nothing there. It chills me to the bone. I'm not saying I don't believe in the afterlife. I just don't know. I hate that I will die. If I'm honest ,I probably cling to my life too much in a sense. I know it's inevitable but the thought just makes me have severe anxiety and want to just cry! I would love to go to another world when I die and just live forever, like I live now. Be with family, eat, sleep, work, have children etc. And still remember who I am. I guess it ego but the 2 biggest thoughts of death I have is forgetting me and forgetting my.daughter. I want to still be me when I die. Even reincarnation bothers me because I know I won't remember the life I'm building now! It just depresses me. I will die I know, but death is the worst thing imaginable to me.

Totally get this post. Reincarnation troubles me too unless we at least get some time in between incarnations as us. It worries me that by my time even then my mum & dad will have already incarnated again.

I just think that we are possibly just taking dreams and hallucinations as being somehow real as the thought of really not existing is unbearable

There should be more objective evidence than just the mediums & channellers, hypnosis and OBE that could be a trick of the brain
Old 06-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

There should be more objective evidence than just the mediums & channellers, hypnosis and OBE that could be a trick of the brain

Hey mate..... One may also suggest that belief in non-existence and belief in temporary existence could be a 'trick' of the brain...

I believe the brain (physical mind) influences us to believe that we are the physical body and only exist as the physical body. Therefore when we try to contemplate 'death' when we are being influenced by this aspect of our psyche - we are inclined to feel that death of the body represents the end of existence...
Old 06-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsouth1111
To me, this is kind of like the same feeling I get when I think of the universe never having an end...going on forever and ever and ever and always has been..I end up feeling like my mind might go crazy if I think too hard on it!

This makes my mind go crazy too lol!! Glad I'm not alone. I feel overwhelmed when I think of the enormity of everything.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Newbie ;)

I like one theory of reincarnation I have heard of, I don't know it's origins but the belief is that we will be in a *heaven* for a while to rest and reconnect in that place with people from ALL of our lives and that when we are ready we come back as many times as our spirit needs. That it is a choice, and after our last incarnation we remain in that *heaven* with memories of every life and ever other soul we met. I very much like that idea of afterlife but don't know if it exists.
Old 18-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbybunny0315
I like one theory of reincarnation I have heard of, I don't know it's origins but the belief is that we will be in a *heaven* for a while to rest and reconnect in that place with people from ALL of our lives and that when we are ready we come back as many times as our spirit needs. That it is a choice, and after our last incarnation we remain in that *heaven* with memories of every life and ever other soul we met. I very much like that idea of afterlife but don't know if it exists.

I like that one..minus the bit about coming back again
Old 27-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Me and I

hi there!
first of all- nice question!
now, You say it bothers "me".
I would start by checking what this "me" or "I" is.
this is very important. because everything else comes after that...
is there an "I" that experiences? or just experience?
if there is, what is this "I"? who/what perceives it?

good luck... let me know if this is clear, and where it takes you.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:33 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
I hope we don't have to keep experiencing the same lives over & over. Every person suffering the same pain & hardships again and again. Only the very lucky in life experience no difficulties. I'd prefer to experience nothing than to have exactly the same life over & over.
I completely agree with you
Old 01-07-2016, 12:37 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbybunny0315
It sounds amazing to me. I just hope we have a choice to come back down here or not cause I don't ever want to come back down here lol
Old 11-07-2016, 04:12 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
We never cease

We are spiritual beings. Therefore, when our fleshy body dies, we simply merge with the source. We become indistinguishable from the source, however we BECOME never the less.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:44 AM
Master
I don't know. I have guides and they won't tell me anything but I am afraid of what happens after death because I know what it is like to have my consciousness dismantled and reassembled. It isn't pleasant and I think that the death process is painful. It seems likely.

There was a time before I was born and I don't remember that, but I didn't seem bothered by it. I take that as some small comfort.