Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 19-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Master
Deb/Linen - sorry the 1st part of my email made no sense due to lack of proofing....bits of thoughts not properly strung together -- sorry!!!

This is how I meant to lead in ..........

Quote:
Deb - you have experienced the core emotional issues women deal with apparently across this universe and probably all others. (Other core issues experienced by many women included those of rape and violence, and other core threats to survival and bodily integrity.)

Core issues of emotional vulnerability to the coarse and uncouth such as those you experienced are so universal, due to the way we are wired to experience reality. We are extremely vulnerable to not only physical and sexual abuse and exploitation -- because we are less powerful and can always be coerced or forced. But we are also vulnerable to emotional abuse and manipulation, because the core nature of our being is to experience life with integrity, meaning not compartmentalised.

I think the rest of what I wrote was strung together a bit more clearly...

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 19-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
So true...but if we can just damp down the fires just a bit, it's the soulfire that we set ablaze instead
So what happens when the ablazed soulfire makes it's way into ones waking experience? :)

Much of what you are discussing I used to be onboard with, and in the manor in which you're describing it. But for some reason the pieces never seem to remotely fit together. Over the last couple of years I've been getting answers to these discrepancies and it's leaving me a bit peived as to how far off we have been as to discerning what's happening. This peive-edness will come across in my writing.. because I am using these discussions to help flush-out for myself the part of my imagination that had been summarily mislead by such various assumptions.

These mostly-unusable assumptions were derived from both scientific and spiritualized sources. They essentially were lies that we were telling ourselves because we had so little else to work with. Now that we have more information to draw-on we're now able to clarify, with much better accuracy, some of the base-influences that are driving our behavior.

Books to look into:

Sex at Dawn; The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha

The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine
The Male Brain by Louann Brizendine

S=ex2; The Science of Sex by Pere Estpinya

For a fun little romp through the science of sex read,

Bonk; The Curious Coupling of Sex and Science by Mary Roach

The Chemistry Between Us; Love, Sex and the Science of Attraction by Larry Young
Old 19-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Bunny Sex = Biodiversity...Xx + Xy

Read "Sex on the Brain: The Biological Differrences Between Men and Women" Deborah Blum years ago, great read imho

Covers many species of animals. r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born

The Chemistry Between Us; Love, Sex and the Science of Attraction by Larry Young

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 19-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Personally, I take responsibility for all my actions, whether they are my fault or not. I somehow end up taking a lot of responsibility for other people's actions as well, even though I don't want to.
Old 20-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Master

I didn't mean to leave you hanging 7L, it's been a zoo here.

You about blasted me away with your thoughts on core issues. It's like you were speaking straight at me. There have been a lot of issues of vulnerability to anger to forgiveness to healing to understanding to reconciliation to moving on in my life. It was necessary for the things I needed to learn. The maturity I needed to develop.

I loved, absolutely loved your telling of your meeting. So graphic, so many issues, feelings, conflicts, love, understanding. It was mind boggling to read, thank you so much for sharing. I know I will have such a meeting when I get to the other side, that I'm sure.

Comes down to what you said. Forgiveness and reconciliation. I had someone once tell me that the only things we have to deal with are the things in our own back yard. So very true!

Here are a list of what I remember of past lives and concurrent lives. Yes, I keep a list, lest I forget when I need it quickly, like now.

*Past Lives ^Concurrent Lives

*Priestess to the Goddess Isis-X 2
*Greek Orthodox Priest
*Polynesian Girl to be sacrificed
*Man, smoking a pipe and live in Sweden
*Plantation Daughter who commit suicide

^Successful Businesswoman
^Artist on another planet, female, plump, loving and gentle.
Old 20-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Personally, I take responsibility for all my actions, whether they are my fault or not. I somehow end up taking a lot of responsibility for other people's actions as well, even though I don't want to.

I take responsibility for my actions and know nothing can happen to me that I have not endorsed. So when the blows come I take it like a wimpy (wo)man, lol. A little humor there. Seriously though, for everything I've been through and seeing the positive results from all my trials and tribulations I know whatever comes my way will only take me one step closer to my spiritual goals. Somebody up there has my best interest at heart and is doing a splendid job in getting me from Point A to Point B.

As far as taking responsibility for other people's actions. That's where I draw the line. I do realize we are all in this together, but I acknowledge that some are a teensy bit further behind than I am. Thus I will not take on their burdens. But I do have an understanding of why they do what they do and try very hard not to build resentment or anger towards them. Sometimes though the human flesh gets in the way and I'm on a slow burn for awhile till I reason it through.

If they direct their poor behaviors towards me then I will pick up my plump butt and take it where I am appreciated. I won't be disrespected.
Old 20-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
So what happens when the ablazed soulfire makes it's way into ones taking experience? :)

Much of what you are discussing I used to be onboard with, and in the manor in which you're describing it. But for some reason the pieces never seem to remotely fit together. Over the last couple of years I've been getting answers to these discrepancies and it's leaving me a bit peived as to how far off we have been as to discerning what's happening. This peive-edness will come across in my writing.. because I am using these discussions to help flush-out for myself the part of my imagination that had been summarily mislead by such various assumptions.

These mostly-unusable assumptions were derived from both scientific and spiritualized sources. They essentially were lies that we were telling ourselves because we had so little else to work with. Now that we have more information to draw-on we're now able to clarify, with much better accuracy, some of the base-influences that are driving our behavior.

Books to look into:

Sex at Dawn; The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha

The Chemistry Between Us; Love, Sex and the Science of Attractions by Larry Young

Organic born hello there! I gave you such a symbolic and general comment, that I have no clear idea what you're talking about when you say that you used to be on board with what I'm doing or saying but now you're not and the stuff is unusable etc.

Let me just say that it's extremely usable for me, and when I speak of being integral I absolutely mean living and being in both what we would call the spirit realm and the physical realm, because in fact there is absolutely no separation. That's the zinger... so many still treat them as if they are different realms somehow. But in fact there's no difference at all. It's absolutely a false dualism. Is that the discrepancy you're alluding to? Again I may not understand exactly what you were trying to get at or focus on.

My conversation with you was brief, so I think we'd have to go into a lot more depth before I can clarify what you think I'm thinking and what you think you agree with regarding what you think I think, etcetera hahaha.

I will say however that I've read loads of stuff with regard to scientific and biologically-based explanations of why we do what we do, and I find them largely unusable and only tangentially relevant, basically as you were saying, as any sort of standalone resource.

And that is because again to paraphrase what you were saying but with regard to my context, we are so much further down the road than that. In other words it is so far removed from where we are as integral, full human beings to try to somehow connect some very simplistic instinctual urges to the vast majority of everything we say and do and decide and so forth in our daily lives. It is vastly more nuanced and complex than that, even a simple conversation.

I think we all know about basic urges, and they have almost nothing to do with the final ownership and the final thought processes and the final decisions that we take, all told. They are one input of many many other considerations in our lives with our mind, our conscience, our heart, with other people, with institutions, with society, with everything around us. Simply by virtue of being sentient and self-aware, we are vast realms from simply acting on pure animalistic instinct like the beasts in the field. What we have in common is that basic urge to eat and poop and so forth and so on, however the way in which we go about any of those things shows even here the vast differences once you reach the level of self-awareness that humanity had attained at the dawn of its existence. We choose to go in a toilet, and we choose every day what to eat. Based on a variety of considerations including health and especially culture. Culture and social norms impact almost everything in our lives, far removed from simple unadorned instinct.

For shoring up the weaknesses and inequities of the physical vessel, a biological understanding of the foundation is important. This goes hand-in-hand with maintaining good physical and mental health. However, as our consciousness continues to expand, we will come to understand how the lion's share of who we are permeates into the physical from the realm of consciousness and spirit, which impacts and shapes and forms and molds everything that we are, everything that we see, and everything that exists in this material realm. We're just scratching the surface, so it seems as if the biological or tangible aspects of our reality are the driving factors too many of us, or at least initially on first blush, when we have no real understanding of consciousness and spirit. When in fact it is the other way around, given everything that I've come to know and experience and understand.

Peace and blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 21-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
As far as taking responsibility for other people's actions. That's where I draw the line. I do realize we are all in this together, but I acknowledge that some are a teensy bit further behind than I am. Thus I will not take on their burdens. But I do have an understanding of why they do what they do and try very hard not to build resentment or anger towards them. Sometimes though the human flesh gets in the way and I'm on a slow burn for awhile till I reason it through.

If they direct their poor behaviors towards me then I will pick up my plump butt and take it where I am appreciated. I won't be disrespected.
Ditto all of that. Recently my wife asked me to help her make a presentation for her work. So, thinking it an easy job I agreed.

After 1 week of swearing at the computer and wishing Microsoft to go to hell, I finally got the damned thing working. Unfortunately it wouldn't work unless it was run from the same directory path I'd written it in. So, I told my wife I would need to come to her work to install the presentation.

She delayed it for a week. She delayed it for another week beyond the point she said she needed it. In the third week I just wanted to get the thing done. I'd put in the work and it looked great, but wasn't able to forget about it. I reminded my wife that she still hadn't set a date for me to come in to install the presentation.

She complained that I had taken too long to do the work (for which I am not paid), and that I had "donkeyed" around too long with it.

So, I won't be helping her no more. I've had enough of her bull****. I've blocked her texts, her phone number and her 4 emails. I need a break from people who take advantage of my help with absolutely no appreciation for my efforts.

I've decided that if my wife wants to continue the relationship she will have to wear a donkey outfit and run around the park for 1 hour going eeeee awwww, eeeee awwww, so she can appreciate the work I put in and what it feels like to be called a donkey when you're just trying to help another person.

Otherwise, in lieu of this I plan to continue preparing to emigrate to Africa. If my wife is willing to make amends then we shall go together. If she makes no effort to make amends then I will go alone and forget about her.
Old 21-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Ascender
Otherwise, in lieu of this I plan to continue preparing to emigrate to Africa. If my wife is willing to make amends then we shall go together. If she makes no effort to make amends then I will go alone and forget about her.

COOL! I don't do Microsoft and travel well...AH HA HA...

carry on, kidding you mr...
Old 21-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe

I've decided that if my wife wants to continue the relationship she will have to wear a donkey outfit and run around the park for 1 hour going eeeee awwww, eeeee awwww, so she can appreciate the work I put in and what it feels like to be called a donkey when you're just trying to help another person.

Amen to that brother!