Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 01-04-2024, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbage1952
... Several strict steps have to be taken before the Pope himself canonizes a priest as a Saint.
I simply wanted to clarify the word priest...to virtually 'anyone'....a lay person, of course, a nun.
The criteria has been loosened...I was as shocked -prob no more shocked then when Vatican II came out!!
Catholics would know about this and I am here to ans any questions.
But a future Saint had to be prayed to and have THREE verified miracles happen because of that praying to them..now it is only 2! What?
And when I say verified - I mean notarized documents of the person's 'ailments' that were for years incurable,
then, suddenly -shazam!

When I read that Mother Theresa - cured THREE people around the world after her death ...I said,"What?"
So I simply prayed to her to help my knee 6 months after a fall.... Bingo, jingo, shazam ...she did.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2024, 06:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I simply wanted to clarify the word priest...to virtually 'anyone'....a lay person, of course, a nun.
The criteria has been loosened...I was as shocked -prob no more shocked then when Vatican II came out!!
Catholics would know about this and I am here to ans any questions.
Glad that Mother Teresa cured you. Yes, the Catholic requirements keep changing, such as the requirement of miracles which you cited. Since you offered to answer questions, what about the Purgatory dogma? I heard that dogma has been eliminated, but I'm not sure, so I'm asking you.
Old 07-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Hi, :)
Purgatory...well, actually the Catholic doctrine still teaches that there is a place souls go to purify more...
before going to a more joyous place they would call Heaven.
Btw, no fire involved - love and learning.

If you are interested in information on the Afterlife - not Catholic, tho - I can give you great stuff to read or watch...
and actually are a bit similar to a place to hang out before either coming back here or
going to higher Celestial Realms...a place of learning...you 'could' call purification.

Oh, since you are new here ...the Admin asked us to only quote 2-3 sentences when we quote others here.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-04-2024, 05:12 PM
Newbie ;)

@Miss Hepburn
Sorry, instead of Purgatory, I had actually meant Limbo--whether Limbo had been eliminated from the Doctrine. Or is it an optional belief? Do you know? And what is the difference between Limbo of the Fathers and Limbo of the Infants?
After these doctrinal beliefs are clarified, I will return to the subject of Manifestation.
Old 08-04-2024, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbage1952
@Miss Hepburn
Sorry, instead of Purgatory, I had actually meant Limbo--whether Limbo had been eliminated from the Doctrine. Or is it an optional belief?
It makes me laugh...yes, it got tossed!!! Isn't that funny!

Old 09-04-2024, 07:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It makes me laugh...yes, it got tossed!!! Isn't that funny!
Funny?? Actually--isn't it deplorable? That is, the changes and Inconsistencies.
While we're at it, are you familiar with another Saint--Saint Joseph of Cupertino? He was known to have the supernatural power of Levitation. At the monastery, he was seen to levitate on so many occasions that the phenomenon has been thoroughly documented.
Old 09-04-2024, 07:33 PM
Newbie ;)

To add to that aforementioned Saint Joseph--you could say that his supernatural power of Levitation has to do with Manifesting. But in order to manifest, he had to subject himself to extremely harsh austerities. Whenever he ate, he would first sprinkle some awful-tasting powder on his food so that he would not get any pleasure from eating at all. The food was just to keep himself alive, but he was not to get any pleasure from it at all. That austerity was in addition to him constantly wearing a prickly shirt so he always felt Uncomfortable. Basically it was Self-inflicted torture, the ultimate in Asceticism by which he resolved to transcend human emotions and even eliminate them altogether. Buddhist-ascetics are known for such austerities too.
It was through that asceticism that his miracles were manifested. So evidently such austerities is one sure-fire way to do Manifesting.
Old 14-04-2024, 06:07 PM
Knower

The power was not in the candle, the oils, the herbs, the lady who performed the rituals, or the words she used.

All of the power was in the fact that you believed these things were significant and powerful, and could help you.

It's all about belief. It's always about belief. Rituals are just a means to help one focus that belief, using physical symbols.

Bashar calls things like candle-burning rituals "permission slips"—If they help you get into a state of believing, and allowing what you want to manifest, that's fine. But they're just useful props for focusing intention and creating the right emotional state in regard to it—they don't do the work of manifesting.

I used to be into magic, carefully following instructions for rituals, buying the right herbs, making oils, selecting the most auspicious days and hours, setting up an altar, opening and closing a circle, etc. But I needn't have bothered with any of it.

Wait—no, I did need to bother with it because I was coming from a much lower vibration then, and believed that I didn't have the power to get what I wanted without turning to supernatural means and performing complicated, difficult rituals. So yeah, I did need to do it. But once my vibe shifted for the better, I saw all that ritual for what it really was, and was able to abandon it.

Ritual magic, of any sort, was just a roundabout, overly complicated way of working with the Law of Attraction. The real effect of those rituals was to raise my own vibration and get myself into a state of belief that my desired result would occur. Once I cut to the chase and worked on consistently raising my own vibration, and staying at a higher frequency, intentional manifestation meant getting myself into a state of belief that what I wanted already existed and was already mine, and I could use simpler means, such as visualization or drawing or writing, to hold my focus.

It's about belief. It's entirely about belief. Any external, material means used to heighten that belief are props/ permission slips. And yes, that includes St. Joseph's ascetic practices and self-inflicted torments; he believed they would prove his faith and bring him closer to God, and he lived in a time and culture where this kind of harsh treatment of the body as an intensely focused expression of faith was an accepted, and even celebrated practice. But it wasn't his asceticism and self-torment in itself that allowed him to perform miracles; it was his overwhelming focus on becoming an instrument for God to work through, and his belief that this was possible, that did. In other times and circumstances, surrounded by a different culture, he might never have needed to practice such austerities. Even the Buddha himself, having practiced harsh asceticism, realized that it, in itself, wasn't the path to enlightenment, and gave it up in favor of mindfulness and moderation, which is why Buddhism is called the Middle Way.
Old 21-04-2024, 09:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
And yes, that includes St. Joseph's ascetic practices and self-inflicted torments; he believed they would prove his faith and bring him closer to God, and he lived in a time and culture where this kind of harsh treatment of the body as an intensely focused expression of faith was an accepted, and even celebrated practice. But it wasn't his asceticism and self-torment in itself that allowed him to perform miracles; it was his overwhelming focus on becoming an instrument for God to work through, and his belief that this was possible, that did. In other times and circumstances, surrounded by a different culture, he might never have needed to practice such austerities. Even the Buddha himself, having practiced harsh asceticism, realized that it, in itself, wasn't the path to enlightenment, and gave it up in favor of mindfulness and moderation, which is why Buddhism is called the Middle Way.
Regarding the Asceticism practiced by St. Joseph, I have to differ with you because his manifesting was the exceptional ability of Levitation. Levitation is a supernatural power obviously, so it's not something to sneeze at. Entirely different from affirming to get, say, a Job-promotion. Job-promotion is something right here in the natural world, so affirmation alone can be enough to get a Job-promotion. But Levitation is different--it is telekinesis, which is supernatural.

Only two ways to manifest Levitation. (1)the person is born with it, or (2)the practice of self-inflicted torment as practiced by St. Joseph. Otherwise,there would be documentation of Levitation through affirmation alone, but there is No such documentation at all. Whereas the harsh austerities that St. Joseph underwent to attain Levitation is thoroughly documented. At the same time, I'll remain open to any documentation you can provide on your alternate-explanation.
Old 21-04-2024, 02:22 PM
Well, gee, all ya have to do is google things like Levitation by Tibetan or Indian monks...
Stories of Catholic levitation...you name it...type in yogis or gurus or Eastern masters that bi-locate and levitate, there are many stories.

Self inflicted torment? Sure -it worked for Joseph to focus his mind and desire...but, the only way?

Is walking on water as Peter did, much diff than floating a bit? It took profound faith or belief, as I see it.
I dunno - is turning 5 loaves and fish into enough to feed 5000 men ---
who knows how many woman and children much different? Not to me.
Or
walking thru a forest fire, (rather than go around MILES to a bridge), as told by Baird Spaulding or
making water boil up in the mountains, or manifesting bread from atoms...all in Books 1- 3 in Mr. Spaulding's Masters of the Far East.
Around 1890-1900 as I recall. No self torture involved, btw.

There are many stories of these so-called miracles all over the internet and in books.
It would be up to the person interested to stick with Joseph's story only or research other events themselves. imo.
And if a person did not believe the many stories --well, nothing anyone can say to that.