Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-11-2023, 10:00 PM
Pathfinder

Worrying about the future.

Hi everyone. The topic I wanted to discuss is the future and if there is any point in worrying about it. I think that if we worry about the future we are actually more likely to create whatever it is we are fearing about it.
Wisdom tells me that it's important to be present. There isn't really a guarantee of tomorrow so I can only really enjoy each day as it comes to me.
So, what are your thoughts on this?
Old 05-11-2023, 10:53 PM
Master

personally i've spent a lot of time in my head, dreaming about other times, other places. Doesn't compare to the 'now' moment though. There is some worry that somehow the future will not work out though... but as with everything else I'm consoling myself with the concept that even if it doesn't, somehow I always seem to make it through whatever happens, so maybe that would work there too? Kinda like, I never want to dive into icy water but it is kinda ok once it has actually happened. But I don't really know, I could be heading for a big train wreck where I just die for all I know.

Still, the 'now' seems better. At least for 'now'.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:12 AM
Master
I am not concerned about the future, whatever happens all I seek is a quiet and smooth transition, as far as what is next…….. surprise me.

I have had many hardships in my life and I used to worry about the future a lot but worry does not help. I get confidence from spirit within me; it has taken care of me even before I knew it existed.

As the saying goes: “With God behind me there is nothing in front of me that I cannot handle.”
Old 06-11-2023, 10:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
the future and if there is any point in worrying about it.
I guess it's inevitable really, but the most practical approach I think is take care of this moment as best you can (which isn't necessarily enjoyable), and consequential outcomes should be optimised.
Old 06-11-2023, 02:15 PM
Master

Personally i look at it this way;

The future isn’t here yet, so it doesnt really exist and the past isn’t here either, so that doesn’t exist….…so why spend your time suffering about something that doesn’t exist.

That’s just the way I see it and deal with it. It works for me.
Old 06-11-2023, 02:31 PM
Guide

Worrying about the future.

I dont worry about the future,I live in the here and now.
Old 06-11-2023, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
I think that if we worry about the future we are actually more likely to create whatever it is we are fearing about it.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

I think this is mostly untrue, unless worries somehow cause inactivity. It will also depend of what the issue is. Some things are inevitable, bound to happen. If we think about our death today that does not mean that thought creates our death. It happens regardless. Best not to give thoughts this kind of credit, it would be hubris.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:24 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I think this is mostly untrue, unless worries somehow cause inactivity. It will also depend of what the issue is. Some things are inevitable, bound to happen. If we think about our death today that does not mean that thought creates our death. It happens regardless. Best not to give thoughts this kind of credit, it would be hubris.

That I don't know. You could get a job and work out of fear of going bankrupt but that does happen to some people anyway. You could go to college with the idea that it's going to give you a better job but I have heard of people saying it ended up being a waste of their money. I know of a girl who is very intelligent and went to college but only ended up with a minimum wage job. I also know of a man who was a very hard worker his entire life and ended up getting nothing for it in the end. If anything, he actually had money taken from him.
I'm not saying that people shouldn't do these things just that those are some examples of how you can prepare for the future to no avail.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:38 PM
Master
You mentioned college. That reminds me of this also. I often assumed I wouldn't pass an exam, and most of the time that worry and expectation turned out to be for nothing. So there we go, my thoughts didn't create the future and my worries didn't have a basis in reality. it was made up and my worry didn't create a fail.

And yeah, like you say people can work ''hard'' and not get anything out of that ((as a side note, I don't at all believe in ''hard work'', only talent and being clever at the right moment)).
Old 07-11-2023, 05:51 PM
Knower

...ugly times.....