Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-10-2023, 01:31 AM
Seeker

Isnt just alot of spirituality Buddhism and Hinduism?

Its interesting to see spirituality trending upward in society now a days, but I feel like alot of what Im reading about is stuff that I have seen before but just with different terms.

I say this since alot of what I learned about Buddhism and Hinduism came from these two games I played, which was Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 back on the PS2 in the early 2000s. These games are two of the most underrated and greatest games Ive ever played and years after playing them I wondered why. Now that I been seeing talk about spirituality on social media, it all kind of makes sense now in that its really just principles from other belief systems.

These games use alot of the terms we see now a days like Karma, Atma, Nirvana, alot of spirituality based terms. Alot of these gain are from buddhism and hinduism. These games also focus on turning into a demon and losing control but also learning how to gain control, again similar to these other belief systems.

In these games I played, the whole premise of the games is to reach enlightenment and break out of the matrix (social constructs). Sounds familiar lol. These are role playing games where you constantly have to level up (self improvement) to beat a bunch of unfair bosses that are completely overpowered and unfair. Its funny how this game was really ahead of its time in that it has alot of these concepts that people are talking about alot now a days.
Old 28-10-2023, 01:57 AM
Master

according to the bible, there are 7 'lamps'. Buddhism and hinduism are two of them. I never looked deeply into it to know about most of the others, but, I do know of Taoism. It is a little different, the idea as far as i can tell is to get to the 'true self' by stripping away all the mental baggage you have.
Old 28-10-2023, 02:11 AM
Master
Yep, the main-stay of spirituality is vedanta (vedic origin), which predates Buddhism and forms the underlying basis of Hinduism. Buddhism is basically a branch of vedanta as well. Western spirituality that emerged from pre-history was pretty much stamped out by Abrahamic religion, but still exists in forms of paganism and so forth.
Old 28-10-2023, 03:33 AM
Master
Lately, I have been revisiting Angkor.

Some say it was the largest religious site in the World. Hinduism and Buddhism flourished there but..... there was another 'religion'. That was Animism. Some claim Animism is the oldest religion and that aspects of it are found in the other religions.

What was unique about Angkor was Hinduism, Buddhism and Animism were practiced in the same Temples! Animism is still practiced.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 28-10-2023, 04:52 AM
Master

Lots of religions and also spirituality have some things in common, because they are found again and again. Ive for a long time not read into any spiritual teachings, yet spirit taught me exactly these things and I found them to be true in my own way of understanding them.