Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 04-07-2021, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Psychic reading is something you DON'T to in a Spiritualist church..... Mediumship is what's demonstrated in our churches, not psychism.

Sorry but your wrong there Leadville, mediums contact loved ones from the spirit world in churches but I can assure you some use there psychic abilities im surprised you were not aware of that.
in places where others do not.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:47 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Sorry but your wrong there Leadville mediums contact loved ones from the spirit world in churches but I can assure you some use there psychic abilities im surprised you were not aware of that.

Well I may be wrong and it may sometimes happens but can we agree there SHOULDN'T be psychic reading from the platform! Mediums are psychic - adjective - but they shouldn't be using psychic reading instead of mediumship.

I'm a Spiritualist so this is my territory but I do realise some practitioners are less accomplished/experienced than others and may stray into the realms of psychism. In such cases they should NOT be giving public demonstrations that are NOT mediumship. That's a failure. A failure of the church, the committee, the development circle system. It shouldn't happen but in real life many things happen that shouldn't!

Practitioners in Spiritualist churches should be demonstrating mediumship and/or giving healing (healing mediumship) unless it's a fund-raiser 'psychic fayre' type of weekend. We don't routinely do psychism in them unless something is very wrong.

Last edited by bobjob : 04-07-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Master
I have read the cards in a spiritualist church for a person who had the key's to the church and thats something your not supposed to do.
Nothing is written in stone.
But I agree with you that when I go to a church service I am am looking forward to hearing from someone in the spirit world.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
I have read the cards in a spiritualist church for a person who had the key's to the church and thats something your not supposed to do.
Nothing is written in stone.
But I agree with you that when I go to a church service I am am looking forward to hearing from someone from the spirit world.

Nothing is written in stone but as you've acknowledged it's not the province of the Spiritualist Church and you're not supposed to use its churches for such a purpose - even if the keyholder allows you to do it unofficially, might I suggest surreptitiously.

Tarot reading has no place in Spiritualism - period, full stop. Individual mediums who are Spiritualists may choose to use them on a personal level but it should not be in a Spiritualist Church framework.

Mediumship in a Spiritualist Church setting SHOULD routinely be for evidential mediumship and/or healing mediumship, perhaps also for teaching mediumship.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:39 AM
Master
Anyways we have gone a bit off topic of the title of my thread.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Too far off-topic but many here don't care how far they move away from the thread's intended focus - doesn't make it any more acceptable though!

There's always plenty to discuss elsewhere in my postings, of course, focusing on mediumship and Spiritualism and a whole bunch more related issues.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
many here don't care how far they move away from the thread's intended focus -

You always like to have a little dig at people Leadville i find you extremely tiring.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:49 PM
Master
[quote=bobjob many here don't care how far they move away from the thread's intended focus -

[/QUOTE]
That depends on who's moving away from the threads intended focus lol.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Why dont you try it in our reading section?

Sorry where is the reading section? I cannot find it. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2021, 01:13 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Sorry where is the reading section? I cannot find it. Thanks!
Maby NS was taking about Reading requests it's In the members only section the last one at the bottom of the subjects list.