Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 20-09-2021, 08:10 PM
Knower
Overcoming and healing from deep rooted fear.

I came across this hurdle of fear when i first experimented with meditation. I was 16 back then. I just randomly experimented with meditation and made a lot of mistakes like forcing my attention on breath, force open crown chakra without opening any other chakra, and many other mistakes. This led to a lot of problems like headache, fatigue, etc, but the worst of all was fear. Back then i came across this intense fear when i simply sat down and closed my eyes to meditate. It was very intense feeling of fear. This fear was not associated with anything. It was just the feeling of fear. When i felt this fear, i started sweating a lot, felt very cold, and my heart started beating rapidly. I could not bear it. I just opened my eyes and ran away from it. After that i stopped meditating or reading or doing anything related to spirituality. I just focused on studies, games, movies and whatever made me feel better.
Now I am 24. Its been 7 or 8 years since i came across that intense feeling of fear. I am in much better condition now. I came across very useful practices like relaxing the body and mind, positive thinking and positive affirmations, eating healthy food, etc. These things have improved my life a lot and i carefully want to keep improving it without getting into any trouble, especially inner spritual trouble. Now i feel like i should overcome that fear because i know that it is still inside me. I just shoved it deep inside like somewhere in my belly. I think i am strong enough to face that fear now but i am not sure. Please guide me on how to face it, overcome it, and heal from it.
Old 20-09-2021, 09:25 PM
I could only give my personal opinion...but it would be related to a Superior Being, (of your choice).
As in: Do you believe in one? Then, do you believe H/she/it is loving and wants you happy and healthy?
Or do you have the opposite belief?

Cuz from where I sit --there's never anything to fear or worry about, ever.
So I would say any therapist that wants to get right to the point
would want to find out some core beliefs you have about the Universe and Creation and /or God.
I'm wishing you the best with this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-09-2021, 04:27 AM
asearcher

Yes, one is more naked without that extra filter of skin against feelings through meditations, including fear. I think it is good you point that out, not very often one hears of it, though.

Your fear is inbuilt and it is collective, piling up. We have positive emotions. We have negative emotions. We have just learned to judge the negative emotions as bad and in that making us bad but it doesn't. All these energies are apart of us. When one start to undress the negative emotions there is in the end something beautiful standing there and one can be surprised.

I'm not saying push yourself towards it without fear, but accept it and little by little as you relax it can come.

So that you can just feel fear is actually a good thing! Psychopaths can't and they can't recognize the emotion in another person's face either.

Last edited by asearcher : 21-09-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 21-09-2021, 05:09 AM
Master
Krishnamurti videos on fear are great in understanding and then diminishing fear.

In case we can reorient ourselves to witness thoughts and emotions as they rise and ebb away in our mind-body combine, our nonchalance itself is a choice not to feed that correspondent consciousness contracting vibration. Of course we need to repeat, reset, reinforce our innate tranquil stance before the imaginary bubbles of fear disappear.

All seeking is desire. Deisire mirrors fear. Cessation therefore, is the key. Embrace-release, with ease like the breeze.
Old 21-09-2021, 05:43 PM
Knower
Thank You for your responses.

Miss Hepburn, I dont know how my belief in superior beings has anything to do with the fear described above. Anyway, i will answer your question. I believe in nature. Specifically, wind, earth, light, and water. I consider these four things are alive superior beings who support me all the time. When i am outside and wind starts blowing, i feel good. I feel like someone is patting me gently, very gently. I perceive the wind is giving me love and support. Similarly, i feel the support from Earth when i am walking around. i feel it due to my weight and gravity of Earth. I also notice that fruits, which the Earth makes, are very delicious and contain a lot of life energy. Similarly, water and light also support me in different ways. So these are the four superior beings, whom i believe in. I can clearly feel their support in everyday life, some times clearly, some times i am busy with some task, then i do not feel it.
Regarding God, i dont know about it and dont give much thought to it. I hope this answers your question.

Asearcher, accepting that i have fear inside me doesnt really make it any better.

Unseekingseeker, I disagree with Krishnamurti's opinion that thoughts are the root cause of fear, and your comment that fear is an imaginary bubble, however, i find your suggestion to witness thoughts and emotions rise and fall, quite interesting. I can work on observing thoughts and emotions, and develop the ability to become a silent observer, but are you sure this is the best way to face the fear. If my body starts panicking then i cant just observe it silently. I will have to step in. Anyway, i am in no hurry to face my fear. It is lying inside me quietly. It doesnt bother me much. i will take my time to look for different solutions and then i will follow the best one.
Thanks again for your responses everyone.
Old 21-09-2021, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
Miss Hepburn, I dont know how my belief in superior beings has anything to do with the fear described above.
I can clearly feel their support in everyday life, some times clearly, some times i am busy with some task, then i do not feel it.
Regarding God, i dont know about it and dont give much thought to it.
It is not whether someone has a belief IN a Superior Being..it is
what they believe at their core;
as in, is Nature a hard place or benevolent.

This would contribute to someone sitting in a peaceful, quiet, silent place but feeling fear. Of course, it is just a start
that a therapist would want to know about. That's all.
Then other questions would begin ...your first memory, your family situation, etc, etc.
Probing to find out where does this fear come from and where it began.
All part of getting to know you and your core beliefs.

But, it won't be happening with me assisting. Good luck with this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-09-2021, 07:58 PM
asearcher

Hi Spiritual1!

What I meant with my post is that accepting your fear is one step on the way. It is a step in a process. Just like when someone is going through grief for instance - there are steps in the process. When you accept something - you don't deny it anymore and you don't run away from it no more. You accept it for what it is. Then the next step that I have found works for me is that you take it bit by bit, as if you have a phobia for instance, the steps on how to get pass that.

In my opinion you have to first of all figure out where this fear comes from, then accept it but don't stay there of course, then treat it (but believe it or not accepting it is part of the treatment, part of the healing process).

When I one time came out of a relationship with a psychopath (psychiatrist labeled him a psychopath) I ended up with panic attacks and I had never before had any mental issues. I had been afraid of him (but always denying I was). I had been mentally abused by him. It had simply piled up. To the outside world he treated me well. In the home, just the two of us, no.

I jumped out of treatment before I was finished healing from it. Bad choice. Did not know it at the time. Thought I was done. Did not want to waste another minute talking about some pathetic guy when I was feeling so much better. But there were still steps left...

I still struggle with my fear in certain ways but now I am 50% sure I am safe and then I am 50% unsure in some fields and thinking but what if...? I know what my triggers are. I know where the fear comes from. I have to ask myself am I overreacting? Or is this a real threat? One has to work with one self.

If we had not felt fear we would have exposed ourselves and others to immidiate danger. It can be good to have fear in certain situations and others not and one has to think is it a real threat? is it from trauma? Then what trauma? What happened? And sort it out that way.