Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 10-10-2023, 11:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Can any of you direct me to reading materials?

Can any of you direct me to reading materials that talk about science and spirituality supporting each other?

I don't care if they are books or free articles, but I'd much prefer free articles. Just please make sure these are reading materials that you yourself believe in.

Thank you.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbcbyqOK60&t=1166s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw7DG7L6Gsw

I know you wanted books, but you might enjoy these.
One is an Oxford Mathematician...the other is talking about our DNA as proof of God - so using Biology.
And Welcome here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-10-2023, 06:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I know you wanted books, but you might enjoy these.
One is an Oxford Mathematician...the other is talking about our DNA as proof of God - so using Biology.
And Welcome here.
Thank you.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_Brian
Can any of you direct me to reading materials that talk about science and spirituality supporting each other?
There's not a lot of scientific literature concerning God that can be taken seriously because they are two different subjects. Back in the 17th century the church was persecuting scientists such as Copernicus, Galileo and Decartes, all of whom were devoutly religious, so by the time Newton (also religious) came along the subjects were separated so science speaks of physical things whereas matters of the soul were left to the church. That effectively created three categories from what used to be called 'Natural Philosophy' and divided it into science, philosophy and spirituality.

Recently there's been a re-convergence as some scientists want to make a science of consciousness. The philosophers are also on board. This is all closing together more rapidly now since there's so much interest in AI and a race to invent general artificial intelligence - a conscious, thinking machine. My guess is it's because only when man can make a conscious entity 'in his own image' can he satisfy his desire to become God.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Thank you.
Hope this is not general for you and forgive me if you have heard of it before
etc.

This is the Science and Non Duality website or SAND.
https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/

Seems to have quite a lot of links and articles. Also probably worth checking out Rick Archer's website Buddha at the Gas Pump or Batgap.com
as he has a section of his interviews solely dedicated to Science and Spirituality.
Hope these websites help you find materials for your journey.

__________________________________________________ __________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 11-10-2023, 10:25 AM
Glenda

Hi Bee_Brian! It sounds like you’re on quite the intellectual adventure. If I may add a bit of humor to the mix, here’s my take:

“Ah, the quest for knowledge! A noble pursuit indeed. But beware, for the path is fraught with peril - one minute you’re reading a scientific paper, the next you’re deep in philosophical thought, questioning the very nature of existence. But fear not, for every great journey begins with a single step… or in this case, a single click! Happy reading!
Old 11-10-2023, 05:23 PM
Master
Books that have helped me are 'The Science of Self Realization&Lifecomesfromlife'both by Srila Prabhupada,the books by John F Fuller relating to the afterlife,if it is more afterlife stuff you seek ther are plenty of TV shows that use a variety of instruments to witness and make contact with spirits these days,you could even purchase or download such apps and experiment yourself if you feel capable,my idea is this,if I want to find proof of something,I am satisfied having proven it to myself,too much energy may be wasted on trying to prove it to others.
Old 16-10-2023, 02:35 AM
Newbie ;)

I have a Master's in Transpersonal Psychology which focuses on spirituality and actualization. Much of the material we read is focused on this very thing.

Check out "Varieties of Anomalous Experience" Cardena et al.
"Transcendent Mind" by Baruss and Mossbridge
"Extraordinary Dreams and How to Work with Them" Krippner et al.
"The WIley-Blackwell Handbook of Transpersonal Psychology" (Friedman & Hartelius)

Also look up anything by Grof, Maslow, or William James.

The Journal of Transpersonal Psychology will also have a lot of material that merges science and spirituality -- such as the scientific evidence for the benefits of meditation, and other spiritual practices.

Quote:

I don't care if they are books or free articles, but I'd much prefer free articles. Just please make sure these are reading materials that you yourself believe in.

Thank you.
Old 16-10-2023, 09:52 AM
Master
Basically all of Dr Joe Dispenza work, Gregg Braden, and Bruce Lipton. All scientifically solid and closing the gap between science & spirituality.
You can find tons of their info and work on YouTube.

And I always found Jungian psychology to go very well with spirituality. Jaw-droppingly similar.
Old 16-10-2023, 01:49 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Basically all of Dr Joe Dispenza work, Gregg Braden, and Bruce Lipton.
All scientifically solid and closing the gap between science & spirituality.
And I always found Jungian psychology to go very well with spirituality. Jaw-droppingly similar.
I second this!!

Also to aid you on the Buddha at the Gas Pump interviews: https://batgap.com/

Hmm, I don't know why this link is not ''clickable", odd. Go to Categories - Academic

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru