Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Master
List of coping mechanisms thread

What are your list of coping mechanisms? Things that help you get through even tough times, here's a few of mine;
  • My reminder of my passion by my boyfriend
  • Being more spiritually, personally and practically in touch with my role as an author and being reminded of it
Old 03-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Deactivated Account
SF and music.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Mayflow

Believing within myself and trusting myself.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Neville

Counting to Ten mentally while taking a couple of deep breaths.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Master
- do something active
- remember to breathe
- just get it done
- practice acceptance

Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Master

Looking around and seeing how much I have already..
Focus on stepping forward and taking a breath or two..
Praying to the Universe..
Knowing that things could be a lot worse, and that they can become a lot better..
and making someone else's day a little better, the more smiles, happiness, laughter, the precious moments in life, the more I realize that my life is getting better and better.
If things just fall way out of hand.. I ask for help, I ask for someone to talk to.. and I recall all the moments when times were tougher, and recall that many others have faced far worse, and I am thankful I have the help I receive.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Master

Knowing where I have come from and that it is for a purpose. I have to believe that.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:17 PM
amy green

- Reminding myself of my strengths, e.g. what I have already come through

- Perspective....look up at the night sky

- Balance: Never lose sense of humour - find something that makes me smile..laugh even
(I keep a list of good jokes and record fav comedy programmes)

- Reconnect to love (dissipates the fear/anxiety)
Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Master

These are my new coping mechanisms:

FEELING my emotions and letting them run their course and not stuffing them down anymore - my feelings are the most important part of my life and not dealing with them leads me into trouble

CONNECTING with spirit and asking for their help if I need help

BEING GRATEFUL for my family and the love we share and the joy and faith and happiness that we have uncovered in the greatest of trials

I am trying (but still struggle with) ice cream... And TV, though I have given it up most of the time :). Those were my old coping mechanisms.

Light.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
These are my new coping mechanisms:

FEELING my emotions and letting them run their course and not stuffing them down anymore - my feelings are the most important part of my life and not dealing with them leads me into trouble

CONNECTING with spirit and asking for their help if I need help

BEING GRATEFUL for my family and the love we share and the joy and faith and happiness that we have uncovered in the greatest of trials

I am trying (but still struggle with) ice cream... And TV, though I have given it up most of the time :). Those were my old coping mechanisms.

Light.
Yes Nameless - I meant to say this too (in my post above yours)...maybe I felt it went without saying (?)

It's my first coping strategy actually i.e. it's important to address/face whatever is causing the problem and do what can be done about it - whether this is acknowledgement, new realisation/decision/direction. If the matter can't be dealt with currently (may involve a future situation), then positive distractions are always useful.

Nameless - I "struggle" with crisps ... I am Amy and I'm a crispaholic -
.................................................( it's been 18 hours since my last packet of crisps!)