Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Blackhawk

Do you know when you will pass over?

Ever since I was a small child I always said that 28 would be the best year of my life (and it was) and that I would die in my 40s. I don't worry about death at all, it's just something I've felt strongly as far back as I can remember. Just something very matter of fact. It doesn't make me take risks, go on lavish vacations or live life any differently.

I was just curious as to whether other people have this kind if knowing?
Old 08-02-2013, 02:30 AM
Juanita

I believe that a lot of people have a "knowing" that they will transition sooner than later..they will get their affairs in order without consciensely knowing why; they will call family and friends; they will let go of grudges or wishes that they previously had; and sometimes they will give advice on what to do if something should happen to them........ That is not exactly the knowing that you refer to, as you have a "gift" but perhaps that gift does not extend to yourself........
Old 08-02-2013, 02:50 AM
MYFIGO

Growing up, I "knew" I would die in my early 20's. I was scared of death then, but thought about it a lot. I could not visualize myself any older. My childhood was very violent and I was in an unloving family.

I survived my childhood and was surprised that I didn't die then. Now I'm in my early 60's and looking forward to a very long life.

One night though, I asked my guides if I would live a long life so I could continue my spiritual journey helping others through healing. I heard a single voice say "74" and then utter silence. I think someone said something they weren't supposed to.

For a while, I wondered if this might be true and then I settled into the realization that in Tarot card reading or any divination, the qualifying statement is "as things are now". The outcome is always subject to change.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 AM
StephenK

Haven't a clue... and even more puzzling... how I actually made it to 58 is beyond me.. I suspect that my clock-time for potential passing both expands and contracts based on the various choices that I make... :^)
Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 AM
mark payne

I have no idea?!
I have been nearly dead five times now, but i'm still here.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 PM
StephenK

Here's the problem that I see while visualizing our passing... Our life experience is moldable... We can shape it in so many ways... I've had dreams where I was injured and they came true... but I've also had a dream of a life impending threat and was able to change the outcome as the actual event was unfolding... So our perceptions of passing are conditional... If you asked me 3 years ago how long I would live, based on my health situation at the time I was beginning to view my demise within roughly 10-15 years... but since we've rebooted our diet, I lost 60 pounds, skin has cleared up, I'm healthier than ever... I'm now projecting my longevity toward another 30-40 years based on the health aspect alone...

So our longevity may be moldable, conditional and unpredictable to the degree that our choices create ripples that project out before us... shift a major aspect toward the positive and our longevity may well expand accordingly..... :^)
Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Master
I don't have a clue, but my great-grandmother told her daughter that the day that she died, (my great-grandmother) that her daughter would die as well. (My mom told me this)...well, my great grandmother died and about 3 hours later, my grandmother passed away. My mom was always freaked out about that...

There's a man who used to post on the astrology board. I often think about him. I don't know why. But I think his astrology chart told him when he would pass. I'll have to go look for it now, but it was to be relatively soon after he posted that, and it's been a long time now since he posted. I often wonder if his chart proved right and he passed away just like he saw?

Idon't know if I'd want to know when my time is up.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 PM
partofme

Have always said I "want" to live to be 100. Will I make it, ???
My relatives on my Mothers side had a long life history. Grandfather died at 96 and my Grandmother, who didnt take very good care of herself most of her life lived to be 91. Hope I received their genetics so I can pester my kids for as long as possible.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 AM
travelgirlfl

My fiance was only 40 when died 18 months ago; his kids who were/are teenagers said he was always preparing them for 'when he was gone', that they'd 'only have each other'.... I witnessed his knowing or fear (not sure what it was), too (too long of a story to share)...he had this weird knowing about it...nothing specific, but just that his life might be shorter than expected it seemed...
Old 11-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Master
87 is a number that follows me around, in answer to the question, when...?

a "natural", peaceful death i believe. although i drive carefully i know i will never have a life threatening car collision or any other premature death occurrence. i will never win the lottery but i will be more than financially secure. i will live in another country...straying off topic

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."