Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Experiencer
people dont figure things out that easy.
i believe all world religions have the same basic beliefs, but people come up with ways to make it different. if the world realised its oneness with god, people would come up with ways to divide themselves
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Time

humans are creators of our own utopia or creators of our greatest hell. Christianity got something right :P

the god in the bible is more then likely a literal version of human asperations. We can do pretty much everything the bible says god does, and in many cases we have. We are capable of the greatest empathy and the deepest horrors. We can destroy mountains and send plagues, set fire to cities and destroy whole peoples and even ecosystems. Even the exile from eden an be seen as our abandonment of nature worship.

We are all "god", but we are also the devil. Thats the whole point....
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crow
Big thoughts, big dreams, big desires, big expectations.
Where did the humility go?
If you want world peace, become peaceful.
If you want to save the world, save yourself.
If you want everyone to be 'nice', be nice yourself.
How you are is the only reasonable contribution you can make.
Overstep that mark and you become the problem you decry.

The world is big......it deserves big dreams.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
humans are creators of our own utopia or creators of our greatest hell. Christianity got something right :P

the god in the bible is more then likely a literal version of human asperations. We can do pretty much everything the bible says god does, and in many cases we have. We are capable of the greatest empathy and the deepest horrors. We can destroy mountains and send plagues, set fire to cities and destroy whole peoples and even ecosystems. Even the exile from eden an be seen as our abandonment of nature worship.

We are all "god", but we are also the devil. Thats the whole point....

When Christians quote the verse in the bible about all having sinned, and falling "short of the glory of God", most probably don't realize what they are saying, with respect to affiliation with God.

Jesus likewise told his inquisitors that, "you are gods". As well as comparing people... those who die in the Lord, with the angels.

"The Fall" involves the "beast" and the carnal and evolved animal/mammal aspects, in time and space. The "Construct". Which according to science and the ancient teachings both, is illusory.

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-09-2014, 05:47 PM
TaoSandwich

"When you know the mind, mind is Buddha. If you don't know it, it is the devil. Devil and Buddha are products of one mind. Buddha is real, the devil is madness."

-Zen master Fenyang

Put this in another forum, post, but it is relevant so I'll just leave it here. For those not familiar with Buddhism "Buddha" refers to someone who has awakened and sees the world as it is with pure perception. In many circles, this is understood as communing with God or the divine. If all of us have the potential for such communion within us, that is certainly something that connects us all whether we are "all one" in a literal sense or in one that is more metaphorical.

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich
Old 23-09-2014, 05:10 AM
Master
"Ego" is to be equated with the devil. We see it as Mara also, in Buddhism.

Short Video: "Ego, the worst confidence trick".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0vtFja9GE&feature=related

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Guide

For me the universe is one, singular being that is eternal and uncreated. It is perhaps best not to name this being at all but if you must name it, it could be called "god" or the "goddess" for example.

We are all this being in its totality as well as being a mere part or fragment of this being. Jesus expressed it perfectly in his statement "ye are gods, ye are children of the most high". As Gods we are the totality, the whole oneness. As children we are merely part of God or a separate fragment.

Sometimes I pray to the god-that-I-am-not asking that I might come to realize that I am God. And sometimes I pray to him/her asking that the part of me that believes I am God may be forgiven.
Old 24-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
For me the universe is one, singular being that is eternal and uncreated. It is perhaps best not to name this being at all but if you must name it, it could be called "god" or the "goddess" for example.

We are all this being in its totality as well as being a mere part or fragment of this being. Jesus expressed it perfectly in his statement "ye are gods, ye are children of the most high". As Gods we are the totality, the whole oneness. As children we are merely part of God or a separate fragment.

Sometimes I pray to the god-that-I-am-not asking that I might come to realize that I am God. And sometimes I pray to him/her asking that the part of me that believes I am God may be forgiven.

You are wrong, and irreverent. Both.

Old 24-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You are wrong, and irreverent. Both.

Please explain what is irreverent about my post. How can asking for forgiveness be irreverent?

I await your correction and instruction.
Old 30-09-2014, 02:56 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
"When you know the mind, mind is Buddha. If you don't know it, it is the devil. Devil and Buddha are products of one mind. Buddha is real, the devil is madness."

-Zen master Fenyang

Put this in another forum, post, but it is relevant so I'll just leave it here. For those not familiar with Buddhism "Buddha" refers to someone who has awakened and sees the world as it is with pure perception. In many circles, this is understood as communing with God or the divine. If all of us have the potential for such communion within us, that is certainly something that connects us all whether we are "all one" in a literal sense or in one that is more metaphorical.

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich

Nicely expressed. It is relevant.