Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-01-2013, 05:32 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
If all souls originate and return from the same source, then theoretically everyone has a link to every person that has ever lived. It is not specifically your soul that you remember living as a Roman or whatever, on a linear journey. You just tap into these memories which are part of the pool of human existence, anyone could remember any previous life.

Oddly I do believe there's a difference. I can't quote specifically where I got this from, but I've seen this distinction made several times during my previous studies. It does appear that we have access (through what's being called the akashic records) to all other souls experience with "their" life times. But this accesses is not as crisp and as clear as the access that we have to our own past lives exposures. That each of us, as independent souls, do maintain our own inventory of direct experience that is specifically relevant to our own evolutionary needs. So chances are when we remember a past life episode that it actually was ours to personally remember... It's the inner familiarity with the events that made them potent enough to pierce the thickness of this current physical definition of self.
Old 15-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Whitmore
I do have a few quirky beliefs on this subject. I believe that your creative side is the evidence of your past lives.

I have this here image of the past being the paint, the future is the canvas and the present is the image. Both the colors and the canvas exist in the present but it is together they create an image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
The way I see it, the soul is a part of a vast cosmic consciousness, which contains everything that does, has, and will exist.
The soul in a specific incarnation is just a small part of this that has condensed into a specific body, and will return after death to the original pool.

I see it kind of the same way I just see us never leaving this here cosmic consciousness. That part of the cosmic consciousness is the sea of memory of which is our core/root self (our bucket of paint). Then I see the image of thoughts as threads intertwining with each other and when two threads touches each other they kind of share part of each other. But basically I love the terminology of past lives though I do not believe them to be past lives more just a continuation of one's thread of thought(s).