Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-07-2020, 01:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Question is this black tourmaline?

So i ordered some black tourmaline on ebay and this is what I received.
Looks like black tourmaline and when I inquired where it originated from they just said "southeast asia" so I'm unsure of it's actual mining location.

What do you guys think? (i know nothing about crystals, gems or geology lol)

Old 20-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Knower
Yes, that looks like black tourmaline to me.
Don't know what the white and yellow 'inclusions' are.
Old 20-07-2020, 07:02 PM
Master
Yes, black tourmaline. You can tell by the lines (needles) you see.
I don't know either what those white & yellow bits are. The yellow looks like sulfur.
It can be found in Asia. But also bear in mind that often a seller doesn't know themselves where something comes from.
Old 21-07-2020, 12:03 AM
Seeker

Tourmaline, the yellow substance should be feldspar.
Old 21-07-2020, 12:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Awesome, thank you for the replies! Any suggestions on charging these bad boys or are they fine out of the box? I suppose I could of included some loose change for sizing now that I think about it lol.....
But the reasoning for buying these were to make some protection necklaces, what size crystals will be sufficient at blocking bad energies and attacks?

Thanks again everyone, ur awesome :)
Old 21-07-2020, 12:55 AM
Funny, I've been wearing one for about a month.
So I will be very interest in this thread.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-07-2020, 05:23 AM
Newbie ;)

These are cool
Old 21-07-2020, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by misery-machine
Awesome, thank you for the replies! Any suggestions on charging these bad boys or are they fine out of the box? I suppose I could of included some loose change for sizing now that I think about it lol.....
But the reasoning for buying these were to make some protection necklaces, what size crystals will be sufficient at blocking bad energies and attacks?

Thanks again everyone, ur awesome :)
Black tourmaline can absorb a lot of negativity. That's how they can help you get rid of something. If there a lot for them to work on they need to be cleansed regularly.
When not in jewelry, you can put them in pure vinegar for 12 hrs. Yes, vinegar. The one for consumption, not the type for cleaning. This is the ONLY crystal you can chuck in vinegar.
After 12 hrs they will be like new! (rinse off of course). They shine and are beautiful :)

I always do that to cleanse mine. I was taught this by a crystal master. First time I was sceptical, but it does work. I've done it for years now!

If in jewelry, go for other ways to cleanse. On hematite, on selenite etc.
Old 22-07-2020, 11:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you fairy! Does the vinegar stick to the crystal (smell) or does it fade over time?
I feel like you have a lot more crystal knowledge, what other tips & tricks do you wanna share?

Thank you guys / gals !
Old 23-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by misery-machine
Thank you fairy! Does the vinegar stick to the crystal (smell) or does it fade over time?
I feel like you have a lot more crystal knowledge, what other tips & tricks do you wanna share?

Thank you guys / gals !
No, it doesn't stick nor smell at all. But you do have to rinse off the tourmaline when you get them out of the vinegar. That gets rid of the smell :)
And boy, do they look lovely when you've done this!!
But remember to NOT do this with any other crystal than black tourmaline!! And don't use the vinegar that's used to get rid of moss and cleaning windows etc. Use the type for consumption.

As for sharing more things, I always do when the context and time is there :)