Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 22-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Ginsengi

How to Scry a Well?

I've been staying with some friends for awhile. I went for a walk in the woods behind their apartment and they took me to these abandoned wells they had found. I've never really done much scrying, certainly not very effectively, but i recognize an opportunity when I see one.

How would you suggest I go about using these two abandoned wells as scrying tools? One is lined with bricks and deeper, darker, and thinner. The other is wider, but shallower, clear, and lined in local found rocks. It also had sticks all visible in it and they poke out of the water at some points.

I hope you can help; I'm only here for a few more days.

Thanks!
Old 22-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Medium_Laura

You need to be able to see the surface of the water to scry into it.

The shallow one is probably best.

Any shiny surface can be used to scry. A bowl of water, a crystal, a mirror and so on. Because this is also a technique to divine, you should always follow the protection guidelines before entering into this practice. Some people charge their items with the full moon light or say a prayer over the instruments for which they will see beyond this world with.

How to scry:

Whenever you are going to work between the worlds, you should always do your protection and set your intentions. Some people also like to light a white and a black candle and burn incense. These are totally up to you.

Some people simply stare at the the surface of the water or shiny surface until they blur their vision and can begin to see visions within it. With the water technique, some also like to agitate the water slightly, possibly by stirring it with a freshly cut twig and then blurring their vision.
As you meditate upon your shiny surface, you can also pose a question for your divination. You may start to see symbols and shapes appear. These are the tools for which you can find the answers to what it is you are searching for. (see symbols in chapter 6, section 3)
Remember that most of your visions will appear in your mind and not in the water or the ball. There are different ways to interpret the symbols, either in the water or in your mind. It is always best to do the work with your guides first so that you can determine what you are seeing. (c) Laura Evans
Old 09-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Remember that most of your visions will appear in your mind and not in the water or the ball.
Yay! Someone else who sees the images in the mind's eye rather than in the scrying tool. While I realize there's no "right" or "wrong" way to perceive impressions, I've always been curious about the fact that any time I read an article on scrying, it says things like, "... the crystal ball will become cloudy and visions will start to appear". Not for me, it won't! Anything I see, I'll see in my head, not in the crystal ball (or other tool). That's what my experience is, so it's nice to see THAT referenced for once. :)

P.S. over on Aeclectic Tarot's Divination forum (see tarotforum.net and look for the Divination sub-forum) there's an active thread on methods of scrying. Some people have mentioned scrying things like clouds and leaves in trees. Very interesting! I'd never have thought to try that. Nor, for that matter, would it have occurred to me to try scrying a well. You learn something new every day.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Medium_Laura

:) While some see with their eyes, it just has not been that way for me. I can see shadows and wisps with physical eyes, but I see in my mind when I channel and scry :)