Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Wallu

I have read a good many of Sylvia Browne's books. I was hesitant though when my daughter recommended them to me because I don't like watching her on Montel, there is something off-putting about her. However, that's not how I feel when I read her books. Her spirit guide Francine is the one who has "written" many of her books and those are the ones I cherish the most. Sylvia has a wonderful spirit and I can feel it when I read her books.

Because of her books I've learned to look at life and death and spirit guides in a whole new way, and since reading her books I've gone on to read more and more about similar topics. I've also been able to identify with being a Christian Gnostic (don't know why I needed a label but somehow I did.)

I will now go to ebay and see if I can find some books by Doreen Virtue.
Old 28-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Celestine

I have read many of Sylvia Brownes books and they are what pulled me forward on my spiritual search. I have to been inspired to read more on these topics. I identified with alot of what she (and Francine) have written. Some topics I had always believed inside but had never read described before. I think she is genuine. I also believe we should take with us what rings true and leave behind what doesn't.

Celestine
Old 28-02-2007, 05:56 PM
jonpeeoh

I've always enjoyed Sylvia Brown. First I accidentally came across a Books'a'Million sale on an audio tape of hers for $5 - grabbed it. It was just her speaking to a room full of people in her typical, smoked 50 packs a day since she was 17, voice. I loved it! Her sense of humor, her matter-of-factness, and yes, even that grainy low voice.

Afterwards I read several of her books (this was years back), and recently I have seen her on Montel occasionally (when my wife Tivos it) - there's nothing off-putting about her to me.

OK that's a lie. Years back I was interested to see what it would take to get a reading with her. Turned out it was a year-and-a-half waiting list and $700 for an hour. I think that's what initially turned me off of her. Not to say that's a BAD thing - I just wasn't wealthy enough to become part of the "demand" on her "supply".
Old 03-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Temperance

I have read a few of Sylvias books, and am the proud owner of all of Doreens and i like them both. Although i found Sylivas a touch.. im not sure, overconfident? i mean, ok she knows her gifts and how to use them, but there was something about her i wasnt too sure of. I love Doreens way of putting things, and love how positive she is.
Old 26-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Onlyus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
Personally, I've tried reading several of Sylvia Browne's books, and couldn't get past the first few pages. I find here extremely arrogant and don't care at all for her know-it-all attitude. A friend who liked her books went to a lecture of hers, and said she found her even worse in person. Just wanted to voice another opinion, not trying to change anyone's mind or disparage Sylvia Browne. It’s not just the message that’s important, but the presentation.

John

I've read a couple of Sylvia Brownes books and thought that I was perhaps the only one that found her as coming across as being a bit arrogant. To me she came across as person who believes that only she is correct and everyone else is wrong

As with any books, you just take from them what you want to retain and let the rest go.

Last edited by Onlyus : 26-04-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 26-04-2007, 05:33 PM
kundalini

Hi all,

I just want to make another contribution to this thread. I've recently read another book by Slyvia Browne called 'Secrets & Mysteries Of The World'. This is one of her more recent works detailing her thoughts and opinions on such topics as the Yeti and Shangri La; things like that. She offers differing opinions of other people too as well as what her spirit guide Francine has to say.

I noted that in this book she comes across as being less arrogant and I have to say I probably enjoyed reading this book more than any other books I have read of hers. Notably, in reference to what Onlyus and Celestine touched upon, I noticed that she too actually said as always take what you can and leave behind what you can't. The regular inclusion of those words throughout this work lent a more open-mindedness to it.

K.
Old 26-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Arcturus

I have not read anything much by Doreen but I thoroughly love her Angel and Saint cards and find them to be correct.
Old 27-04-2007, 03:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Arcturus ~

I would recommend that if you get a chance ~ read some of Doreen Virtue's books. I have several and have read them over and over again, I really like the way that she writes and explains things. I have also read, or have started reading Sylvia Browne's book, "The Other Side and Back " - I have not finished the book yet, as I keep getting distracted by Doreen's books. Sylvia's book was the first book I read and the book that started me on this journey of learning .

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Knower

Hi

I managed to get hold of Past Lives and Future Healing by Sylvia Browne yesterday, it was really good until I read where she said everyone who passed over were 30 years of age I'm not sure I believe that one but then again who am I to question?

I haven't read any of Doreen's yet but hope to do so in the next few weeks

Michelle xx
Old 10-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Michelle,

I hope you like Doreen's books. Today I just bought another of her books, called " the Lightworker's Way " .

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Closed Thread