Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 21-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorG3

"Two birds on a tree, one eats the fruit,
the other looks on in detachment"

- Upanishads
Now, that's funny!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Master
Actually a bird looking on in detachment is quite funny heh. I can see it's deep meditative glance lol. I added the detachment as I don't usually do cos I saw a vid with the verses on and it says that but prolly put better and more poetic...It's a nice verse if you haven't::Upanishad Two Birds in a Tree, The Individual Self and Divine Self https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3YM3_heQzo

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 27-03-2015, 05:42 AM
Master
I like happiness as much as the next guy, but its not happiness that sends one in search for truth. It's rabid, feverish, clawing madness to stop being a lie, regardless of price, come heaven or hell. This isn't about higher consciousness or self discovery or heaven on earth. This is about blood caked swords and Buddha's rotting head and self-immolation, and anyone who says otherwise is selling something they don't have. - Jed McKenna.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Master
Quite. The sores don't sell.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 01-04-2015, 02:14 AM
If anyone hurts you and you forgive him, you are leading yourself to the kingdom of God.
If anyone is quarrelsome and you give understanding, you are taking yourself to the kingdom of God.
If someone is suffering and you reach out with aid and compassion, you are moving into the presence of God.

-Paramahansa Yogananda

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-04-2015, 02:31 AM
Master
"A true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost.
A true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed.
Since the beginnings of time, darkness thrives in the void,
but will always yield to purified light." - Lion Turtle
Old 05-04-2015, 04:08 PM
The deepest feeling of a compassion that does not seek to alter anything,
paradoxically, alters everything.

Adyashanti

Old 12-04-2015, 09:04 AM
And meanwhile, circumstance (= holographic energy-reflection of your consciousness)
is taking its queue from you all the time.
It’s taking its queue from you,
so if you don’t change, it is not going to change either

-Bentinho Massaro
(Ben-teen-yo)

Old 13-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Master
Love the quotes Miss Hepburn , :)
Old 13-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Ok, here's more, Ascension.

Manifestation is the showroom of your unconscious mind.
Physical manifestation is a direct reflection of who you are.

Physical reality is you meeting with yourself all the time.

-Bentinho Massaro...on youtubes

Hahaha, he makes me laugh.