Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
When I make recommendations to Christians for books to read...
I say, quote a quote or 2 to them--don't say where it came from!

I will quote from, ''The Way of Mastery", 290 pages, one of the clearest,
most inspiring, informative books I have.
Channeled by Yeshua, Jesus in 1987.
Oh my, the beauty is astounding.

Why can't Jesus talk to us? He is as present as he always was...
available to all of us...that are willing and open and maybe 'ask'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-05-2021, 05:42 PM
Master
When a person looks at the 2 creation accounts, one was written by an Elohist(s) and the other by a Yahwist(s). When you compare those accounts to accounts written before Darwin that we consider 'channeled' material, the 2 creation accounts, in many cases, seems to be far superior.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-05-2021, 05:43 PM
Master
Jesus does talk to everybody, that is, if they are willing to listen.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-05-2021, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, exactly ...they ring true and don't involve stoning in the square....
or other things being smashed against rocks!

The mindset of the Scribes who wrote some Scriptures is troubling.
Old 31-05-2021, 06:33 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
When I make recommendations to Christians for books to read, they often reject my recommendations because the works are considered channeled. They quote verses that indicate that mediums are not of God, and tell me that the Bible is the definitive word of God.

This seems to be a contradiction. How can the Bible be the word of God without being channeled?

Z

Zastrakoza,

Everyone will have their own opinion. Mine is this: I see channeling as a red herring. It permits us to be lazy and not pursue what should be our ultimate goal....that being to be born again and to be personally born of the Spirit. We should seek a direct connection to God rather than any reliance on a medium. One could view channeled messages as secondhand information. Accepting the belief of others is what we term as hearsay....known to the Greeks as doxa the lowest form of knowledge.

The authors of the Bible never referenced Seth or Ramona or any other spirit that was anyone other than God. Channeling in its most common connotation is information from a spirit other than God.

Most of us have no way to discern the genuine of any medium without personally meeting or knowing them. That personal meeting affords us the use of our intuition or our gift of discernment(if God has given us that grace). Years ago I attended a presentation by a popular spiritual author and had anticipated having that opportunity.....it did not take long for my intuition and discernment to come alive. I left regarding him as a charlatan. The written word seemed interesting but the vibes negated that.

I believe and trust the integrity of the Bible but if we wish to attain a higher level we must be born of the Spirit.
Old 31-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Zastrakoza, Accepting the belief of others is what we term as hearsay....known to the Greeks as doxa the lowest form of knowledge
But are you not accepting the beliefs of the Scribes who wrote the Bible as being the ' Words of God ' ?
Old 31-05-2021, 08:31 PM
Master
......... but can not that be said of all belief systems?

How many religions have beliefs that nobody questions?
As far as I can 'see', none.

Old 31-05-2021, 09:32 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
But are you not accepting the beliefs of the Scribes who wrote the Bible as being the ' Words of God ' ?

Sky123,

Basically yes because false prophets and scribes were working under the penalty of death. IMO that is why the Bible is restricted to such a specific period of time. Once the Spirit was released at Pentecost everyone had access to the Spirit which leads to all truth. Having access does not mean that all avail themselves of this gift. It leaves the door open for false teachers. They are no longer under the penalty of death because we have been given the means to discern truth. IMO this gives credence to the Bible but calls for caution in regards to contemporaries.
And, btw, rather than ‘beliefs’ of scribes I would characterize them as ‘revelations’.
Old 31-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Molearner

As a corrallary: if a false teaching leads to spiritual death who is guilty ? The teacher or the student ? If one leads a little one astray is the child guilty ? We can have the naïveté of children ready to believe anything we are told....:)
Old 31-05-2021, 10:46 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Jesus does talk to everybody, that is, if they are willing to listen.

i myself don't see jesus and god as the same thing. individual consciousnesses in my opinion do not have the power to talk to everybody. that would be about our source (god) and how it's connected to all as the source of consciousness and awareness itself.

jesus got in touch with his true nature, his god nature, and put away his ego, so was perfectly attuned to god's will but i don't see jesus AS god in form. god is much greater than any individual no matter how advanced spiritually in my opinion.

god is the collective whole of conscious awareness and it too has an identity we cannot comprehend.

for myself, i don't link any human life, no matter how special we deem them, as a manifestation of god in form. they are manifesting god's nature which is within all, which is what we are.

i don't think jesus himself would have ever claimed to be the godhead either.

Mark 10:18
New International Version
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

some of us want to conceptualize jesus as the godhead, as god itself, but to me, that is a misinterpretation what jesus taught and said and claimed to be or was.

in my opinion, only the godhead, god itself, could "talk to all" but then we all have spirit guides on the other side speaking to us, these are more advanced beings, more attuned with the source, so if one was very conditioned in one religion or another i could see how they would assume their messages were coming from some deity they believed in.

a Christian believes Jesus is talking to them, a Hindu believes Krishna is talking to them, the chief deity of the Chiricahua Apache was Ussen, whose will governed all, and so they believed Ussen was talking to them.