Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-06-2021, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
An interesting insight. It’s a pity that the verse, in the Hebrew, doesn’t say what this particular translation says.
Since I don't know Hebrew, I obviously can't comment on the accuracy of the translation provided by Miss Hepburn: "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things." All I can say is that the translation resonated well with me as well as the insight provided by Molearner.

Can you provide a translation that you feel is more accurate? That would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE 116 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
My attention is particularly drawn to the word 'unsearchable'.....meaning if you search on earth and the material world it is not here to be found. Therefore it is implying that we must access the spiritual world. The means for doing this, of course, is 'call to me'.
NOTE:
I am very aware that there are many nuances in the Hebrew language that often present translation dilemmas. There is an extraordinary book (IMHO), Meditation and the Bible written by Kabbalistic Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan of Brooklyn (NY), in which Rabbi Kaplan examines nuances in the original Hebrew Biblical texts to describe how the prophets of Israel were able to reach their elevated states. His insights go far deeper than any translation that I had previously seen.

https://www.amazon.com/Meditation-Bi.../dp/0877286175
Old 08-06-2021, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Personal Note to Still Waters --- I left out ''he,he,he'', cuz I got lazy typing...I thought, ''they, they, they'' covered the point.
Never pays to leave things out by being lazy.
Personal Note to Miss Hepburn:
Old 08-06-2021, 03:46 PM
Molearner

Still Waters……thanks for the book recommendation. I think it will augment my ideas that Scripture is inspired. I no longer bother to respond to those who believe that the Scriptures were written by ‘just ordinary’ men and they were just expressing ‘their’ opinion.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:07 PM
Molearner

I grew up in what would be called a New Testament church meaning their emphasis and trust centered on the NT. Nevertheless problematic as Revelation can seem there is one verse that catches my attention……Revelations 19:10….”….Worship God ! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Now the good rabbi might take issue with that….:). Nevertheless many will understand that verse as meaning that all prophecy(in the Bible) was inspired by the Divine.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Still Waters……thanks for the book recommendation. I think it will augment my ideas that Scripture is inspired. I no longer bother to respond to those who believe that the Scriptures were written by ‘just ordinary’ men and they were just expressing ‘their’ opinion.
That book is one of my favorites, and I often quote it when describing the process of revelation.

https://www.amazon.com/Meditation-Bi.../dp/0877286175