Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-05-2021, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
a title for who?
satan.....
Old 29-05-2021, 09:48 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
satan.....
the lord of all evil!
Old 29-05-2021, 09:55 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
And maybe the ones who believe Man CANNOT make this world a better place have been fooled by satan.
You could be a fundamentalist Christian preacher!
Old 29-05-2021, 11:57 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
For example Job 1:6 renders the Hebrew word הַשָּׂטָ֖ן as Satan. If you look at various translations of that Hebrew word in the Book of Zechariah and Job, it appears the word always gets translated as Satan.
Actually, that is not true, but be that as it may, translating השטן as Satan or satan is incorrect. Pronounced ha-sahtahn, it is properly translated as the adversary or, if you want to mix and match, the satan. ה is the Hebrew word for "the".
Old 30-05-2021, 01:13 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
translating השטן as Satan or satan is incorrect. Pronounced ha-sahtahn, it is properly translated as the adversary

that makes perfect sense to me. much better words
Old 30-05-2021, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Actually, that is not true, but be that as it may, translating השטן as Satan or satan is incorrect. Pronounced ha-sahtahn, it is properly translated as the adversary or, if you want to mix and match, the satan. ה is the Hebrew word for "the".

You are correct but virtually all translations translate that word as Satan which as you pointed out, is incorrect.
The word is transliterated typically as haś·śā·ṭān and as you mentioned, carries the literal connotation of 'the adversary'.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 30-05-2021, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
You could be a fundamentalist Christian preacher!
No, I'll leave that for the fundamentalist
Old 25-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:

so true, satan which is what he's called in most Bible versions. regardless of his true name, which isn't important anyway. is Jehovah/Yahweh's chief adversary or enemy. because he choose to believe he should be the one who's worshiped.in other words, he wanted Jehovah's Glory. soon he will be done away with...

Isa. 14:12-15 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’ Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit. peace
Old 25-06-2021, 12:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
And maybe the ones who believe Man CANNOT make this world a better place have been fooled by satan.

question, since you feel I'm "fool" believing man can't make this world a better place. explain to me this... Human's has been around for about 300,000 years. that's a VERY LONG TIME! how long most we wait until "MAN" who's imperfect, make this world a better place? what are they waiting for?!

also since you think!... I'm fool into believing we CAN'T! and you obviously believe man can. do you also believe man can one day stop humans from DYING? and for those who's already dead. can "MAN" bring them BACK TO LIFE, whenever they finally decide to make this world a better place? this person who's been fooled by satan would like to see your response to these questions.
Old 25-06-2021, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
question, since you feel I'm "fool" believing man can't make this world a better place.

also since you think!... I'm fool into believing we CAN'T! and you obviously believe man can.
Was your name mentioned.? If the Cap fits....