Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-04-2021, 03:01 AM
Master
I guess these multiple inputs clear the air a bit, though not fully.

Parables and metaphors are great, I like to use them too, comes in automatically, while writing poetry. However, comes a time, when we need to see clearly.

So, if we liken mans fall to a shift in yugas, change in Schumann's resonance, a vibrational gap between mind-body, soul and spirit, it is comprehensible. On ground, looking back over history, even relying partially on folklore, we see that while science may have progressed (left brain), the other half remains unused. Or reworded, head and heart, not melded in sync with divine love.

So those inclined, or as inwardly drawn, explore the world within.

What disturbs me, is the ‘we are all sinners’ belief, which seems nothing other than a control mechanism, as also contracting, instead of expanding consciousness.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not about Christianity. Most religions use the fear tool. Buddhism may be an exception, as also self inquiry paths like ‘who am I’ although, we can possibly cut to chase and unveil self-imposed delusion faster.
Old 28-04-2021, 05:27 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Seeker, this os such an old storyline, really. You want to set up the question you think you have the answer for.

I gave you the answer, but? Not good enough.

You are the evolved organic, and this is "the sin of the world".
You are guilty... per Revelation 12:4.

Replete with your survival instinct, the cause in the world of all misery, and regarding your, "reptilian brain".

Keep playing your games, and refuse objectivity if you choose. But, you've been informed.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-04-2021, 06:36 AM
Master
Thanks for trying to help out, Morpheus. It may be clear to you but it isn’t, to me.
Old 28-04-2021, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
What disturbs me, is the ‘we are all sinners’ belief,
Thankfully not all have this ' belief '
Old 28-04-2021, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I turned from a sinner to a grinner.
Thou shalt not grin at the sin
Old 28-04-2021, 07:20 AM
Master
@ sky123 ... yes, we are free from this imaginary guilt trip. Perhaps we are fortunate, in as no belief was imposed on us. Not quite so, with many.

The reason I raised this line of inquiry was on encountering this deep rooted complex etched indelibly upon the minds of some poets on another forum, I’m active on these days. They find it difficult to simply drop the bag of conditioned beliefs and trust inner silence.

Good people, pure hearts, yet shrouded in fear and guilt, a ghost-like mist of shame, praying for an atonement of a sermon induced imaginary guilt, repeated again and again, strangely trauma bonding with negativity.

So we say, ‘hey there! Be self-aware. Past shorn, here & now reborn. Moment to moment, flowing in joyous contentment. To realise, vaporise.’

But, no. They are resistant. Hinduism too has this crime and punishment script. I was born a Hindu, by the way. Sure, karma is valid for as long as we are the doer, identity as a doer, doing what misaligned desires urge. Once the doer rests, which happens when thoughts rest, what remains? Singularity.

It’s not that I’m uneducated about Christianity. I was raised in a Christian school, the formative years. Luckily, barring a stray fundamentalist sermon here and there, the teachers simply used one word, a valid word, the eternal truth: Love. Yet, what unconditional love is, took a long time to comprehend, perhaps, as yet, partially.
Old 28-04-2021, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ sky123 ... yes, we are free from this imaginary guilt trip. Perhaps we are fortunate, in as no belief was imposed on us. Not quite so, with many.

We are fortunate. These beliefs were definitely imposed on me but I didn't believe them

Psalm 51:5, KJV: "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."

Can you imagine the mental anguish this Verse could cause to a Person who was born illegitimate
or someone who was conceived through rape ?

The mindset of the Scribes who actually wrote these Verses seem to be troubled and if alive today
would probably be advised to receive Psychiatric Treatment
Old 28-04-2021, 01:16 PM
Master

I think that Psalm is OK Skye, because if you read all of it, it's poetic and lyrically dramatic. It wasn't meant to be taken literally!
Just like in movies the action is unrealistic and over the top because the medium permits it, the psalm is trying to express the feelings. I doubt that the author felt the same way over the birth of his own children, or perhaps there was something about his birth that was problematic to him.. either way it's not a good source for literal doctrines to be based on

What i find more of a problem is the literal concept that we are born sinners, which Judaism does not teach. I heard a rabbi explain that the human heart is good but becomes surrounded by a layer of sin, the rabbi was objecting to the doctrine that we are born sinful, which is a Christian doctrine that many Christians don't really think is literally true, especially when some of Jesus's own sayings seem to contradict it

Many Christians now emphasise the freedom from sin having realised that the fiery sin based sermon keeps people stuck there feeling bad.
Old 28-04-2021, 01:41 PM
Master
You know, it's not just religious institutions.

Ever heard of Robert Monroe who was the atheist?
Who, as he wrote in the last of his book series, "Journeys out of body", was left on tears and wholly subdued at meeting the angel? Which entity had to somehow limit his glory, in interaction with Mr. Monroe?

This as we read was also Daniel's experience in the Bible. Who fainted at meeting the angelic presence. As well as John the Revelator.
If you recall, John also wanted to bow down and worship the angelic presence but was told not to do so. "I am your fellow servant" John was told. Are you aware of these things?

Just metaphores "Seeker", from India?

There is the spiritual reality, and there is the lessor organic reality. As I said.
One is familiar with linear time and space, temporary, and the other involved with the timeless.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You know, it's not just religious institutions.

Ever heard of Robert Monroe who was the atheist?
Who, as he wrote in the last of his book series, "Journeys out of body", was left on tears and wholly subdued at meeting the angel? Which entity had to somehow limit his glory, in interaction with Mr. Monroe?

This as we read was also Daniel's experience in the Bible. As well as John the Revelator. If you recall, John also wanted to bow down and worship the angelic presence but was told not to do so. "I am your fellow servant" John was told. Are you aware of these things?

I had, in a way, a similar experience when I was really sick, maybe I really passed for a moment into the next world and I was able to see a glimpse of what's there. A sphere of golden light appeared, mightier and greater than the Sun but the best description I can give is that it looked like the Sun. Apart from this sphere of golden light, everything else was golden light, like an ocean of golden light that was alive and moving in all directions with a gentleness and peace that I can't describe.

This was and is the greatest experience I ever had, nothing can even come close to this experience, this world feels in black and white when I think about that experience, as if this is not even the true thing, just a pale imitation of the real thing.