Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 14-12-2020, 01:33 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Just started my new new diet and I'm a little worried

each day I wake up feeling more and more lethargic based on what I've been eating and I think I should switch back. What do you eat normally?
Old 14-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Seeker

We eat vegetable food and fish more often. What you want. I can eat meat. Everything is situational. I would advise you to learn to feel your body. Then it will be easier for you to determine what you want. And then you will feel good all the time.
Old 15-12-2020, 06:32 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrolopology
each day I wake up feeling more and more lethargic based on what I've been eating and I think I should switch back. What do you eat normally?

What's your new diet?
I am adding more vegi's to mine.

I'm bad with diet usually. Too many carbs.

But when I'm good, I just eat organic vegetables and some form of protein during the day, tofu, nuts, some times meat, beans.
Old 15-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Since this is in Vegan and Vegetarian - how about those folks give
constructive input. (That would be no fish or meat.)Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-12-2020, 08:22 PM
Master

For me, dietary changes are best incorporated gradually.

My mind would love me to be vegan, my body doesn't want that and so I listen to my body so I can get what i need. My body will tolerate a mostly vegetarian / vegan diet but if I were to go all out vegan - I would feel unwell.
Old 15-12-2020, 09:00 PM
One of the things is - you must learn about how to get enough balanced protein...learn how many grams you need.
My friends -unhealthy- have been vegetarians for decades ---so I went over there often cuz
one was so rundown in bed, not contagious.
I saw how they ate!
Beans or tofu with NO grains to make a complete protein...
Grains and veggies with no beans!
They are better now cuz after nagging that they do protein powder every day.

Same with another friend 40 yrs vegetarian --always rundown, complaining ...
in a week she told me she felt the difference....with protein powder drinks.
Took forever to convince them.

They hadn't researched nutritional needs once! In decades!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-12-2020, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
One of the things is - you must learn about how to get enough balanced protein...learn how many grams you need.
My friends -unhealthy- have been vegetarians for decades ---so I went over there often cuz
one was so rundown in bed, not contagious.
I saw how they ate!
Beans or tofu with NO grains to make a complete protein...
Grains and veggies with no beans!
They are better now cuz after nagging that they do protein powder every day.

Same with another friend 40 yrs vegetarian --always rundown, complaining ...
in a week she told me she felt the difference....with protein powder drinks.
Took forever to convince them.

They hadn't researched nutritional needs once! In decades!

Latest research is that only about 10% of the worldwide human population has a metabolism that can handle a completely vegan diet.....all the rest of us need at least some animal proteins to be healthy and feel good....

I tried a vegan diet for about 6 months some years ago...mostly to see what the fuss was about....never felt worse in my life!!!! I felt Tired, hungry and run down all the time!!!

These days what looks a lot like the Mediterranean diet works best for me.

Lots of fruits and veggies....primary source of protean is fish with small amounts of meat 1 or twice per week.....

So if you're one of the few that can handle a long term vegan diet and you're happy with it,....good for you!!! But the rest of us need a bit more then that.....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 16-12-2020, 12:06 AM
Master
Personally, listening to my body works pretty well. I was a strict vegetarian for many years. When I was pregnant, I craved fish and chicken. So, I added on. My family are all pretty much omnivores. They love my veggie recipes. We eat beans and rice and tofu and a variety of other proteins, along with veggies and fruits.

I find a challenge can be the availability of clean foods is also an issue. At least for my family, where we live. But, we make it work as best we can.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:35 AM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Latest research is that only about 10% of the worldwide human population has a metabolism that can handle a completely vegan diet.....all the rest of us need at least some animal proteins to be healthy and feel good....

I tried a vegan diet for about 6 months some years ago...mostly to see what the fuss was about....never felt worse in my life!!!! I felt Tired, hungry and run down all the time!!!

These days what looks a lot like the Mediterranean diet works best for me.

Lots of fruits and veggies....primary source of protean is fish with small amounts of meat 1 or twice per week.....

So if you're one of the few that can handle a long term vegan diet and you're happy with it,....good for you!!! But the rest of us need a bit more then that.....

There is a reason why so many people feel like death on a vegan diet. And oddly enough it has nothing to do with nutrients.

When one consumes meat and animal products, one is absorbing the suffering of the animal, which in turn numbs one's own traumas/hurts/suffering. Unfortunately, if done for an extremely long time, when the time DOES come for a soul to embrace a vegan diet, the fallout is often horrible.

When there is nothing to numb one's own internal issues, people start feeling like death and get sick. There is nothing one is consuming on a vegan diet that is able to numb one's own suffering. You're forced to come face to face with your own emotional/mental/spiritual/physical demons and the trauma is often so deep that it causes a lot of physical issues.

Technically, one could subsist of unfrosted strawberry pop tarts, coffee, and still live relatively all right if their mental/emotional/spiritual/physical self is decent. It is negative thought and holding on to trauma/suffering that is the root of physical illness.

I can affirm I felt a lot less on a diet when I had meat and animal products. But I knew that the physical comfort I felt was really an illusion meant to fall away at some point.

Just some thoughts. Not saying you should or should not be vegan, but just sharing another view.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
Just some thoughts. Not saying you should or should not be vegan, but just sharing another view.
And it was an interesting input!