Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-06-2021, 07:24 PM
Master

When one realizes that he thinks differently from others it points to his individuality. Is it joy or regret if others agree or disagree with us ? One way our ego is assuaged and our individuality is surrendered. The other way can be that our ego is assaulted but our individuality is preserved.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Master
[quote=Molearne Is it joy or regret if others agree or disagree with us ? [/QUOTE]

It's neither, it just is, that's life
Old 08-06-2021, 02:32 AM
Master
QUOTE 69 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Still Waters, I had no idea of this!
"The Eastern Orthodox Church (Christian) does NOT accept the theory of original sin or the blood sacrifice atonement."

I was raised Roman Catholic (western Christianity) and was initially surprised when I heard that the Eastern Orthodox Church does NOT accept the theory of original sin or the blood sacrifice atonement. I confirmed this in Eastern Orthodox Churches in Bucharest, Athens, Istanbul, Moscow (where I attended an Easter Service), Kiev (where I attended a magnificent Easter service on another Easter), New York City, etc.

In addition, you may be surprised to discover that, even in western Christianity, the theory of original sin and the blood sacrifice atonement is NOT universally accepted as a basic "core belief". The Roman Catholic Franciscans, including St. Bonaventure and Duns Scotus (Doctors of the Church), did not accept that position and, even today, many Franciscans do not accept that position. Surprisingly, the Franciscan position was not even considered heretical during the time of St. Francis of Assisi. It was considered a minority opinion just as our own Supreme Court has minority dissenting opinions as does the Talmud of Judaism. Father Richard Rohr (Roman Catholic Franciscan priest teaching TODAY) openly disagrees with those theories and has not been declared heretical.

Here is a very informative video with Father Richard Rohr on "Embracing an Alternative Orthodoxy" that specifically presents an alternate belief which does NOT support the original sin theory and the blood sacrifice atonement. The video is about 35 minutes but it is really worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Azd93Luko&t=673s
Old 08-06-2021, 02:43 AM
Master
QUOTE 72 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Still_Waters,

Thanks....a very good presentation.

I am glad that you found the video presentation by an Eastern Orthodox monk to be helpful in demonstrating that original sin and the blood sacrifice atonement theories are not universally accepted in Christianity. It is clearly NOT a basic core belief throughout Christianity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgcnhI1K2Nw
Old 08-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Separation from the ' Bulk ' isn't always a bad thing, Jesus didn't follow the Rules either when He came across Teachings that made no sense....

Amen ! One must be at least somewhat discerning in one's investigation of Truth. One cannot blindly believe everything one hears or reads.