Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-05-2024, 06:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Struggling with materialistic worldviews and the search for "truth"

It is only recently, in the past year that I have started exploring the more... "new age" spiritual path (for the lack of a better descriptor).

I have read some books about scientific research on kids who have memories of their previous lives and that has made me a lot more open to the idea. I think a lot about my own soul, the kind of challenges I might have decided for myself and my reason for being.

However, in the midst of all this, I can't help but keep being critical of all the information I'm getting. I feel like there are so many charlatans nowadays, people who are so good at manipulating others into believing what they want them to believe, etc. I've even become hypercritical of how my own beliefs shape how I view things.

The one way I've tried to verify information is to see how many different sources repeat the same thing. It's why I eventually came to believe in reincarnation.

I've had two Akashic record readings as well and that made me feel highly conflicted because there are definitely threads of consistency in there but so much of what I feel was critical information was at odds with each other in the two readings. I want to go for a third one and see if things will line up but a lot of these readings are pricey, especially for me, who lives in a third world country.

The point, or rather the question I had was if anyone else struggled with or even still struggles with such critical thinking making it difficult to fully believe. I'm looking for ways in which I can prove to myself, it really feels like I'm so lost right now and in my heart I believe there is so much more but my mind just keeps putting me in these logic loops.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic_seeker
I'm looking for ways in which I can prove to myself, it really feels like I'm so lost right now and in my heart I believe there is so much more but my mind just keeps putting me in these logic loops.
Meditation.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:31 PM
My comments

Hi. Sounds to me you were born more Left brain dominant...so you
have more critical thinking. It's just how you were made. :)
I personally believe in,"Seeing is believing."

Sure, use multiple sources you trust to inspire you to look further.
The ones I trust are the ones that went within and had direct experiences of the Divine.
So, who are they? (Not New Agers if you'd rather not), St John of the Cross, St Theresa of Avila, St. Catherine of Sienna,
Rumi, Guru Nanak,
Mirabai, Kabir, Tulsidsas...Hafiz, too many to mention!

You know there was a doctor around 1899 that was fascinated with this stuff -
You can order his book online; I highly recommend it for a new 'seeker'.
"Cosmic Consciousness'' by Richard M. Bucke.

Eventually, your will begin the Journey Within...meditation ---or simply sitting alone in complete stillness for long periods.
Why ...because direct experience ends doubt and speculation.
And silence is the key that opens the door to ''other things''...rather than the 'worldly stuff'.
All my experience, that is.
JASG and I are on the same page 99% of the time.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru