Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-09-2023, 07:31 AM
Pathfinder

Various questions.

Trying to go through the posts and threads on this form is proving difficult at the moment.Personal issues and not the site. Forgive me if I ask a question or say something that has been stated to the point of maddness before.

What is it like to be an empath, is there any special reason for this besides the need to connect or be connected? Are their different types? What is the difference between being empathic and being sympathetic\compassionate?

What does it mean when something routinely talks to you in dreams in which there is a clear distinction between it and a normal dream? I would assume this happens to everyone at some point and when/if it does is it the subconscious or something other?

Is there a connection between talking with your subconscious and various spiritual practices?
Old 02-09-2023, 06:25 PM
Master
In my opinion: Very simply put, sympathy is when you feel sorry for someone and empathy is when you closely relate to what that person is going through. Empaths take on the feelings of other people. Basically sympathy is somewhat objective while empathy is highly subjective. It takes having a conscience to feel sympathy or empathy but empathy also involves a very sensitive nature, where you can feel another persons joy or pain.

Generally people dream about what has impacted their subconscious but people also have out of body experiences, visiting other realms, while their physical body sleeps. It is interesting to dream an know that you are dreaming. This brings a more interactive dynamic to our dreams; just like being aware during our waking hours. Generally speaking dreams are for learning lessons and the same can be said for our waking states as well.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:07 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with Starman An Empath means you can put yourself in the other persons space, giving you a deep understanding of how that person is feeling.

Namaste
Old 02-09-2023, 11:18 PM
Ascender
Hi Fitwold,

I'm glad you are finding your way around this site. It's truly a one of a kind place. Asking questions is so helpful for everyone as it helps us all learn and grow...

Both Starman and Native spirit are so very knowledgeable here. We are blessed to have them.
Old 03-09-2023, 12:12 AM
Master
We are all blessed, we are all born with certain unique gifts or talents. But many never really discover their talents until late in life, if at all. Those who do not learn about their innate talents or how to use them in a productive way, often suffer.

No matter what talents we may have uncovered in ourselves we all complement each other. A teacher can not be a teacher without students, and the best teachers are also very good students themselves. If I lift you up I also lift myself up, and if I put you down I do the same to me. As below the surface, in the spirit, we are one.

Some people are empathic from birth while others may develop empathic abilities over time. It is not only worthy to have compassion for others but also worthy to have compassion for ourselves. Compassion is a form of unconditional positive regard. I am blessed to share as I do here in this forum with such people whose hearts and minds are open.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 03-09-2023, 03:41 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
empathy but empathy also involves a very sensitive nature, where you can feel another persons joy or pain.
Is being empathic also some times called being a sensitive or is that another thing altogether?
Can being empathic also result in someone feeling like their madness "Is infecting the world." because they can "Fully understand it." like it is their own?
Old 03-09-2023, 06:51 AM
Master
Fizwold, There may be at least two types of empathy, cognitive empathy and emotional empathy. Cognitive empathy is seeing the perspective of someone else and emotional empathy is feeling what another person is feeling. In my opinion they both require sensitivity to others.

Although I do believe that an empath has to learn how to protect themselves. A person can get lost in taking on other peoples stuff. I am pretty sure that Native Spirit can speak to doing readings and having to cleanse or let go afterwards. I feel it is very important to protect ourselves mentally and emotionally even if we are not empathic.

There are lots of techniques for doing this, one is using the pentagram or five pointed star for attracting or banishing energies. Learning how to quiet our thoughts and not grabbing hold of thoughts or emotions we might feel is another technique. Growing our inner light and daily bathing in that will also offer great protection. What I am talking about is learning how to work with our own energy.

We are bombarded daily with all sorts of thoughts and emotions, some people are more sensitive to these then others, and some have closed themselves off completely, which I do not advocate. We have to learn how to use our sensitivity otherwise it could become an impediment. Generally speaking autistic people are highly sensitive, most can not, or don’t know how to, filter their thoughts or feelings.

I am a very sensitive person but I do not label myself as empathic. I get visions of future events as they pertain to my life, and they have always come true, I can look at a person and read their energy without attaching any words or analysis to them. It just jumps out at me and I have had to learn to embrace it and manage it. My intuition has grown over the decades of me doing quiet meditation and today it is very strong. Although I am aware that I still have my insensitive moments as well.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:56 AM
Pathfinder

Hey. Starman. Thanks.

Normally I do not adopt titles unless I get hit over the head with events related to it , both positive and negative. Been told that I am a "Pure Empath" but no real idea what being a pure empath means.

The only reason I bring this up is because I am trying to sort myself out over these years and I find out my mind is telling me that my heart is in a massive knot and I have to unknot it and I can not pin point outside of two events but those are only add-ons to it but not the real reason.

After reading your post I think that might be the big issue given a few things that has happened....was told I suffered from empathic backlash at least once when I yelled at someone to back off , was more worried for their safety and it was clear they were trying to start more then what ended up happening.

That last bit is meant to be an example. Just thinking over the years too much has built up in relation to this and now I have to sort myself out. Any advice on how I can, assuming that due that it is the issue that due to lack of knowledge I never took proper care?

Last edited by Fizwold : 03-09-2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:09 PM
Master
Fizwold, I think it is great to work on ourselves, and there are many ways of doing that. A few decades ago I wrote an autobiography, its’ like telling a detailed story of your life, from birth to present circumstances. Journaling how you felt about certain periods of your life. It took me more then a year to write my autobiography and I was almost 40-years old when I finished it.

The thing about an autobiography is that after you finish writing it you can look for the behavioral patterns which you might have followed over time, and also how you have constantly viewed your life to be. How we view our life is very important because how we define something is how we will approach that something. How I define myself will be how I will mostly present myself, and also how I define myself tends to be how I define others. For that reason I do not care for labels because labels can put a person in a restrictive box or category. I have no desire to be normal because normal just means average.

I have learned to embrace myself just as I am regardless what others may think of me. The work I do on myself is extremely intimate. On the spiritual journey the process of maturation is automatic but we can speed up and deepen that process by getting to know ourselves on greater levels. “Know thyself” is the cornerstone of my journey, and to me that means knowing my strengths and weaknesses, my limitations and where I can soar. It means knowing myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It is a journey, a process and not an instant event. We have to have patience with ourselves as we grow, and in the early stages the road can be bumpy. There is no right or wrong way, there is only your way. Give yourself permission to make mistakes as long as those mistakes are not irreparable.

We learn from our mistakes as well as our successes. In the early stages I studied various religious and spiritual practices, and developed my own eclectic approach to building the inner temple. A temple of great light, wisdom, and love, which we build inside of ourselves. Many only use one method or path but I used many methods and realized that all paths lead to the same unlimited space-less space. It is only how we think that may block us from going deep within our heart. We must not let our head rob us of the incredible experience we can find in the depths of our heart. An when you send your attention into your core you will encounter all that you have stuffed down there inside of yourself. It is important to work through that stuff to get a constant embrace of your own inner light.

People used to ask me “what is your religion” and I would tell them that my religion is “un-do-ism.” Un-do-ism is a made up religion where I strive to undo all that others, society, and myself, have done to me. It is an unraveling of the chains which I have imposed on myself. Those chains, mostly emotional, can cause physical problems and also be an obstacle on our spiritual path. It is a life long journey and some people never get to set themselves free.

Peace and Good Journey To You
Old 03-09-2023, 10:29 PM
Pathfinder

I have a lot to "chew on" as it were , not just what you said.

I thank you for your kind words.

It is also that I found what could be the main reason for the knot. I have a saying "Chains with in chains." it is how I word what I see to myself but others would use the saying of a tree, you can see the whole tree once you see the bottom of the trunk in every detail and all the branches and the events from those branches and so on and understand it but this is going to take time to process, not just processing the why of it but the steps to come.

While seeing chains with in chains is far from new but this use of it is. While the knot is still there I am un-doing it as you say now that I have a good grip on it.

Peace and a good journey to you as well and thank you again.