Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-07-2020, 08:33 AM
Master
Bodhisattva's around us...

Our World has been turned upside down during this Pandemic. Our daily routines have been disrupted and replaced with fear and anxiety, loneliness and isolation and hunger and thirst for some. Our bubble of false comfort has been burst and we're forced to face reality which can be painful.

One beneficial thing is we can see Bodhisattvas all around that we might have overlooked previously. We can see them in young neighbors caring for the elderly in the Community, in our brave Healthcare Workers many who risked their lives for others and the unheralded ones who stock the shelves of our Supermarket's and transport and deliver our food/medical supplies.Charities working all over the World trying to ease the misery of others who are not as fortunate as some of us, so many others to mention but we know who they are.

Bodhisattva's are all around us showing love and compassion and always have been, but did everyone notice them prior to this Pandemic......

https://youtu.be/ntBfYFFlbV8
Old 10-07-2020, 09:55 AM
Deactivated Account

The highest souls on earth go un-noticed in the healing and caring professions. Living saints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtuEgAHWw0
Old 10-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
The highest souls on earth go un-noticed in the healing and caring professions. Living saints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtuEgAHWw0

Yes your right there are many Saints/Bodhisattvas in the Healthcare Professions who have gone unnoticed by many until this Pandemic started. They've always been amongst us but sadly not always noticed. Let's hope they will recognised and cherished for their worth when and if this emergency is over.
We are surrounded by compassionate people in all walks of life but don't always value them until disasters happen that shake us to the core... They give without expecting merits.
Old 26-07-2020, 05:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Many times I have witnessed, people who have no interest in religion and spirituality and don't really care about karma, feel empathy for other humans. I've seen such people give hand to others to help.

What inspires me is that these souls have very authentic empathy in them and they have zero expectation or desire for any kind of gifts or payment for their deeds, neither from the people they help, nor from some greater power.

I love how authentic they are. And something strange for me - in my personal experience, most of these souls ive seen are Women.
Old 26-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdip
Many times I have witnessed, people who have no interest in religion and spirituality and don't really care about karma, feel empathy for other humans. I've seen such people give hand to others to help.

What inspires me is that these souls have very authentic empathy in them and they have zero expectation or desire for any kind of gifts or payment for their deeds, neither from the people they help, nor from some greater power.

I love how authentic they are. And something strange for me - in my personal experience, most of these souls ive seen are Women.

I can't say I have noticed that Women are more Emphatic than Men but during this Pandemic I have certainly seen a lot of Bodhisattva's among us. We are all in this together, it's affecting the whole World and ' No man's an island '.

Like you pointed out helping others seems to have transcended Religions for most, let's hope it lasts way beyond the Virus itself.....
Old 26-07-2020, 02:39 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Our World has been turned upside down during this Pandemic. Our daily routines have been disrupted and replaced with fear and anxiety, loneliness and isolation and hunger and thirst for some. Our bubble of false comfort has been burst and we're forced to face reality which can be painful.

One beneficial thing is we can see Bodhisattvas all around that we might have overlooked previously. We can see them in young neighbors caring for the elderly in the Community, in our brave Healthcare Workers many who risked their lives for others and the unheralded ones who stock the shelves of our Supermarket's and transport and deliver our food/medical supplies.Charities working all over the World trying to ease the misery of others who are not as fortunate as some of us, so many others to mention but we know who they are.

Bodhisattva's are all around us showing love and compassion and always have been, but did everyone notice them prior to this Pandemic......

https://youtu.be/ntBfYFFlbV8
I suppose there are always a few Bodhisattvas in the neighborhood.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”- Fred Rogers
Old 26-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I suppose there are always a few Bodhisattvas in the neighborhood.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”- Fred Rogers

Thanks for Posting my Favourite Chant again I love it.

There's more good than bad but unfortunately we hear more about the bad until something drastic happens and the Bodhisattvas come out of the shadows....
Old 26-07-2020, 03:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Thanks for Posting my Favourite Chant I love it.

There's more good than bad but unfortunately we hear more about the bad until something drastic happens and the Bodhisattvas come out of the shadows....
Your welcome, but that's an odd thing to chant??
I suppose it could be worse. You could be sitting with your eyes closed in the lotus position making trolley noises the whole time. That would be even more strange.
I bet it could be a lot of fun though. Just keep one eye a little bit open to see how others are reacting too you.

Last edited by ketzer : 26-07-2020 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
Old 26-07-2020, 03:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Your welcome, but that's an odd thing to chant??
I suppose it could be worse. You could be sitting with your eyes closed in the lotus position making trolley noises the whole time. That would be even more strange.
I bet it could be a lot of fun though. Just keep one eye a little bit open to see how others are reacting too you.

It's a Chant because it's a repetition of Avalokiteshvara...

If I sat in Lotus Position I wouldn't be able to get up off the floor
Old 26-07-2020, 03:50 PM
ketzer

Quote:
It's a Chant because it's a repetition of Avalokiteshvara...

If I sat in Lotus Position I wouldn't be able to get up off the floor
Well I don't recall this Avalokiteshvara being a neighbor in the hood of make believe. One would think at least Lady Elaine would know about her. Psst....some say she is a witch, but don't let her hear you say that.

I don't think it is the lotus position that would make chanting trolley noises seems strange. But hey, if you don't believe me go sit on a park bench and give it a go. Maybe with a mask on, people won't be able to figure out where the noises are coming from and will start looking around behind and under the bench. If they ask if you hear that just say, Hear what?"
Such fun!! Perhaps not very Bodhisattva like though....but nobody is perfect.