Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-07-2023, 12:19 PM
What is the New Thought Movement-quotes and discussion.

Many have never heard of the New Thought Movement --Here:

What are the beliefs of the New Thought movement?

''New Thought holds that Infinite Intelligence, or God, is everywhere, spirit is the totality of real things,
true human selfhood is divine, divine thought is a force for good, sickness originates in the mind,
and "right thinking" has a healing effect.

Found online:
The history of New Thought started in the 1830s, with roots in the United States and England.
As a spiritual movement with roots in metaphysical beliefs, New Thought has helped guide a variety of social changes
throughout the 19th, 20th, and into the 21st centuries.

Also to get the ball rolling:
"The New Thought movement was among the more notable movements that emerged in the 19th century to help people
achieve a better understanding of divine mysteries, through the power of their thoughts."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-07-2023, 12:27 PM
Master
So is it much like the New Age movement? They sound very similar.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-07-2023, 12:44 PM
Master

I’ve ever heard of this but it sounds a bit like the new age movement. So what is the difference.

I have to ask, who started this movement. Was it a group or one particular man/women that we could read up about.

So this started in the 1830s hey. So could it be affiliated with Theosophical Society ie Blavatsky, Annie Bessant or Krishnamurti?

Sounds really interesting. Would love to know more so I can do a bit of research on it.

Any thanks for your post.
Old 05-07-2023, 12:46 PM
This is interesting, New Thought was influenced by "ancient thought", wisdom and philosophy
from may places thru history, like from Ancient Greece Rome, Egypt, China and from Toaism,
Hinduism, Buddism and the Vedas, and the Bible, etc.

Mainly, it was involved with thought, belief, consciousness in the human mind, and the effects of these within and beyond the human mind.

It basically was one of the biggest wonderful 'finds' of my life.

A good link to read of interested:
https://www.encyclopedia.com/environ...ought-movement

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-07-2023, 01:19 PM
Many things are influenced by other things...as you have read New Thought was VERY influenced
by ancient ideas...all of these ancient
beliefs morphed into things more familiar to us today like Unity Church, Christian Science, Theosophy, New Age stuff...even the Law of Attraction...
the source of all of them...who knows - Masters, Scriptures, personal experience in the jungles?
Did someone 'invent' electricity? No, it was always there - even at the time of the Cavemen.

New Thought opened the door for Napoleon Hill's book, "Think and Grow Rich'', 1937.
Norman Vincent Peale's book ''The Power of Positive Thinking'', 1952 ---both influenced by New Thought.
Mary Baker Eddy's 1875, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures''
(Founder of Christian Science.)

Old 05-07-2023, 02:25 PM
So, some quotes! And these people have great books!! Maybe you can see why this discovery
of New Thought changed my life.

Napoleon Hill -“Every adversity brings with it the seed of an equivalent advantage.”

John Randolph Price - ''The Universe does not compensate individuals based on the activity of work, but on the activity of consciousness.''

Catherine Ponder - ''What you radiate outward with your thoughts, feelings, mental pictures and words, you attract into your life.''

Joel S. Goldsmith - ''You govern your surroundings by the nature of what is taking place in your consciousness.''

Ernest Holmes - ''All the power of the Universe is with you. Feel it, know it, then act as if it were true.''

Mary Baker Eddy - ''Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal."

Old 05-07-2023, 03:07 PM
Master

Oh wow i like the sound of this.
Thanks for explaining it.
I’ll check out the attachment later.
Old 05-07-2023, 03:39 PM
Guide

Brilliant Quotes.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:57 AM
Master
That is all very well, but I did not make the world what it is. I never created the war in Ukraine, or climate change or Covid 19. There is a discrepancy between what and who I am and what I am creating and what actually is.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There is a discrepancy between what and who I am and what I am creating and what actually is.

Yes, there are two realities,
Objective reality - the world out there.
Subjective reality - the world in here.....

Mountains exist regardless of my thoughts, how I see them is my reality