Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-09-2020, 05:55 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Can you speak more about

1. That small voice that is still and directs our actions in the right path. How?
2. Accepting or rejecting...All is God, we are Of, yet we can choose to accept or reject..isn’t that fascinating?

Namaste,
Jl

janilee.

'that small voice that is still' is heard and finds entry from what we might visualize as a wound. That 'wound' can be understood as our 5 senses. We see, we hear, we touch, we smell etc. It distinguishes us from a stone which has no perception. The first result of that small voice perhaps ennables us to be empathetic.....essentially to step outside of ourselves....to open ourselves o others. When that voice becomes stronger it should lead us to some measure of compassion....taking appropriate and meaningful action. Acceptance is hearing and that can be a semi-dormant stage....it can stay within us but does not become a force until it produces a relevant action. It is a seed until we feed it.
Old 15-09-2020, 04:39 AM
janielee

Thank you kindly, Molearner.
Old 15-09-2020, 06:49 AM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My impression is that the Holy Spirit is the
spirit of God which reaches out to us.
Yes, that is my impression, also.
BUT! Of even that I am not sure...The Holy Spirit seems, how-do-you-say, 'separate' ---
like an Angel is 'separate', a different personality from the Father!
But, is anything 'separate' in the Reality of this creation of many dimensions? Ha!

That said...this is my input.

Since I was Baptized in the Holy Spirit in July 2009 - I will say,
"Wow, I am blown away by the Holy Spirit."
You know when the Holy Spirit visits you personally! There is no doubt what-so-ever!

I have stories that are hard to tell on a public forum because they are
1. Unbelievable, mostly
2. some are so profoundly Holy I could not do them justice
3. I would never want to have any scoffing/doubt or even debate about them.

I could, tho, say with no issue from others, 'my experience' includes an
'other worldly' spiritual (like)breeze that goes into and
thru me to the bone -and with clear direction or a message.

There is no questioning that it is the Holy Spirit - not an angel or a beloved
relative from the Other Side or my spirit guide.

I mean, whoa -it is the Holy Spirit.
Very powerful - in a good way.

And just typing this about the Holy Spirit blows me away with reverence.

And we all have a direct line right to the Holy Spirit, that's Who does the healing when I am
asked for a healing...we all can have a personal, intimate relationship with

the Holy Spirit.
(In case anyone had doubt or thought it some far-away impossible thing - no one is more special than
any one else...just listen, be open, be still and want direct contact, prepare a place for Him.)
On that subject, God is like a moth to a flame - He can not resist love for Him in the human heart.
It is impossible for Him to stay away. Impossible.
And yet, I can no more answer sky's question as I could not answer, 'What is God?'.

Good topic, sky. ;) And Hi neil!!!!!! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2020, 09:14 AM
Master

Miss H i get the feeling you have it about right!
The suspicion i have is that Jesus was indeed attempting to gift knowledge of the Holy Spirit as the cornerstone of his mission. This isn't exactly how its presented officially but it seems to fit
It took me a long time to get brave enough to realise this Spirit is/can be present in other religions which is a unifying thing so you don't need any fake pretending to get along **
.. and that feeling of the Holy Spirit hovering and entwined within that you can almost taste it like it's a kind of honey cake, if the soul is toast then it's the jam spread on top
Old 15-09-2020, 12:05 PM
ImthatIm

Thank you Miss Hepburn and davidmartin.
I am revitalized.
Old 16-09-2020, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
.. and that feeling of the Holy Spirit hovering and entwined within
that you can almost taste it like it's a kind of honey cake,
if the soul is toast then it's the jam spread on top
I like you.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-09-2020, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Thank you Miss Hepburn and davidmartin.
I am revitalized.
Oh!
I like you, too...but you knew that.

Old 16-09-2020, 12:38 AM
Question

Does anyone know or remember why the Holy Spirit is represented as a Dove?

(Imagine - of all the creatures ---a Dove!)

Old 16-09-2020, 05:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Peace, purity and new beginnings.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.
Old 17-09-2020, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This is what I heard from someone ;a wise teacher, a pastor? See what you think.

The dove is a very sensitive bird. For example, picture pigeons on your outside
window ledge of your skyscraper apt in NYC.

You go up to the glass and yell at something...they sit right there.
If a dove is on the ledge, however - you just walk a little close to the window and it takes off.
The Holy Spirit loves stillness and gentleness..or it can not descend upon you...or
takes flight if you have not prepared a place for it.

Doves are very skittish. And thus, sweet little creatures.
Rings true to me.