Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-04-2022, 02:30 PM
Deactivated Account
MEDIUMSHIP

As mediums you are the bridge between worlds.

You must serve the spirit world and this world equally well.

You cannot serve this world at the expense of spirit and you cannot serve spirit at the expense of this world.

Most important of all you cannot serve your own ego and needs at the expense of the two worlds.

You have to be the messenger for those in spirit.

You have to offer the voiceless in spirit a voice.

You have to allow them to be reunited with those they love.

You have to create the conditions for healing to take place.

You have to allow their message to come through without changing or altering it in any way.

Then you will be offering the greatest service.

From the spirit guides of medium Martin Twycross
Old 04-04-2022, 03:22 PM
hazada guess

You must also not charge exorbitant prices for the service.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:47 PM
Master
Martin Twycross has a class of famous Mediums. One of the Mediums in his class that is studied is Gordon Higginson who did some of his Physical Seances behind a curtain. Decades before Modern Day Spiritualism began, Joseph Smith Jr. brought forth the Book of Mormon while 'behind a curtain'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:05 PM
Administrator
As much as this is true it is important to learn how to raise your Vibration so that when spirit Lower theirs you meet in the middle because spirit reside on a Higher vibration than we do.

Namaste
Old 04-04-2022, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account
The address given by medium Martin Twycross's spirit guides is aimed at those who are developing mediums working to improve their service to The Great Spirit.

He's included this one, along with other addresses, as part of his 'Guide to Mediumship'.

blessings
Old 04-04-2022, 07:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
You must also not charge exorbitant prices for the service.
Charges are something we humans get exercised about but I haven't heard anything from our friends in spirit on that subject. blessings
Old 04-04-2022, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
As much as this is true it is important to learn how to raise your Vibration so that when spirit Lower theirs you meet in the middle because spirit reside on a Higher vibration than we do.
I hear that a lot about raising your vibration now, but when Modern Day Spiritualism was 'beginning', and before Modern Day Spiritualism 'began', people were able to converse with Spirit but I never read that they had to raise their vibration to be able to do this. Is their some historical records that claim they had to do this?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-04-2022, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I hear that a lot about raising your vibration now, but when Modern Day Spiritualism was 'beginning', and before Modern Day Spiritualism 'began', people were able to converse with Spirit, but I never read that they had to raise their vibration to be able to do this. Is there some historical records that claim they had to do this?

Just because they did not call it that, this does not mean they didn't.
I still my mind, and make an attempt to align my energies with the one I like to connect to.
Perhaps try to connect with, let's say, a fifth density entity, wile walking in a busy city. Can be done, just need to isolate yourself from those around you.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:02 AM
Master
As for me, 'vibrations' seem so much like a New Age 'thing'.

For example, I can duplicate how Andrew Jackson Davis was able to do the things he did and he is generally looked upon as the 'John the Baptist' of Modern Day Spiritualism. In how he was able to do what he did, doesn't seem to involve 'vibrations'.

I just don't see how the Fox sisters and their Mother raised their 'vibrations' so as to get messages. Is all message work done by raising your vibration? Besides, it was the Spirit who first contacted them and he was not the first person that the Spirit had tried contacting. As for the other people that the Spirit tried contacting , it appears they could not come up with a scheme to use for communication. It doesn't seem like it was an issue of 'vibration(s).

As for Rapping Mediumship, at least back 'then', mimicked, in many ways, such things as pendulums that are used today. Then shortly, other forms of Mediumship developed.

As for the Mormons that preceded Modern Day Spiritualism, Joseph Smith Jr. used a different form for getting messages. His technique was interesting, especially his part of being behind a curtain.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Those who are actually providing mediumship in service to The Great Spirit either "raise their vibrations" actively or it happens spontaneously without their being consciously aware of it.

Some may face a situation that they are 'always-on-call' for spirit visitors who 'see their light'. Closing down is important to avoid the medium being at the beck and call of any nearby spirit.

It's also important for sensitives and psychics to close down but some appear to think it normal to be open to any spirit visitor.