Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 26-02-2022, 06:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Anyway, I said no, I will not do something like that, it's not good.
It depends on your intentions I would say.
If you buy a car or anything expensive and need to know if the seller is honest with you, it can be useful.
But if you read people's life to expose it to other people, gain information against that person ... that's indeed not good.
Old 26-02-2022, 08:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
1. It means I tell what people want / need / have to hear, I'm a messenger.
For whom do you consider yourself a messenger?
Quote:
2. I concentrate and wait for visions, or sometimes it comes as a download from above when doing it remotely. In real life it's easier, words just come up naturally during the conversation.
So it's more a conversation between you and the recipient, potentially with input from an unidentified source? Not necessarily from a spirit individual that recipient would know?
Old 26-02-2022, 08:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
You are also too much in duality for me :)
I have no idea what you mean by "....too much in duality." Will you please explain what you mean?

Quote:
People often come to me spontaneously so that I help them, it has always been the case. Not for doing readings or anything like that, at least until now.
Am I understanding you correctly - do people come to you seeking advice from YOU? If so again that's not mediumship. We're whittling away at what's not, and I'm hoping we're heading towards what is, mediumship.

It's almost like a spooks version of grandma's footsteps where we slowly creep towards learning who means what.

blessings
Old 26-02-2022, 09:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I was once asked in real life by someone who is deep in the occult and not into the good things that if I can read people's minds. In that moment I got even more proof of what I've been experiencing being real and my confidence went to the sky.

Anyway, I said no, I will not do something like that, it's not good.

Why not tell us what you actually do? This is the mediumship forum by the way......
Old 26-02-2022, 09:35 PM
Deactivated Account
And now for something completely different. (with acknowledgement to Monty Python's Flying Circus)

Please read each of the following statements and give your answers using just a couple of words.

WHAT AM I?

1. I convey the words and teachings of spiritually-evolved teachers and guides. Such guidance is not personal but applies to humankind generally. What am I?

2. I act as go-between for those hoping to hear from their deceased loved ones. I may use clairvoyance (seeing, describing) and/or clairaudience (hearing) to acquire and pass on evidence of identification of the spirit and to learn personal details which a sitter recognises. What am I?

3. I am aware of the presence of unseen individuals in other dimensions of existence and some of these individuals may not have lived on this earth. Any information I receive from them benefits mainly me. What am I?

4. I can detect and read the aura of those sitting with me or nearby. I may use what I learn in this way along with my own skills and abilities to counsel someone who has asked for advice on personal matters. What am I?

5. I communicate the words of discarnate entities who have not lived on earth but who appear to offer advice. The advice may be for me or others but none is linked to the discarnate personally and the discarnate is not linked to them. What am I?

Last edited by bobjob : 27-02-2022 at 01:08 AM.
Old 27-02-2022, 03:56 AM
Master

Oh, a test! How fun :)

I would say #s 1 & 5 are similar - a channeler
2. Medium
3. Got nothing. Maybe meditating?
4. Empath, psychic

It is easy for me to see that a medium is specially made. I made 2 of them myself (my children) however I am not one. I think that comes from my husbands side of the fence. Also, one of them told me and my hubby that we were channels (news to us, believe me!) but over the course of time, proved to be true.

I think psychic abilities are a part of everyone, but are learned out of us by a lot of our parents. Having had children, I can say for a fact that children are the best teachers of that. My daughter belly laughed at a few days old while sound asleep. Having never considered where any of us came from before, that was quite an eye opener. Children come in with so many gifts. It is the parents that, unfortunately, have no clue and tell them they are imagining things. I can't tell you how many times I and my husband "swept" my daughters room of the unwanted "ghosts" so she could go to sleep, and we are talking she was maybe 3 or 4. My son saw ghosts until he shut it down.

I deliberately learned how to channel. That wasn't a gift. I had never been psychic. However, I was always an empath, to the extreme sometimes.

Just some wanderings on a Saturday night...
Old 27-02-2022, 07:20 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
For whom do you consider yourself a messenger?
So it's more a conversation between you and the recipient, potentially with input from an unidentified source? Not necessarily from a spirit individual that recipient would know?
I am a messenger for whoever thinks I am a messenger! I don't care what I am, I'm a random guy!
Who knows where those visions come? It's a dependent origination.

Quote:
I have no idea what you mean by "....too much in duality." Will you please explain what you mean?
Duality as opposed to oneness. In meditation, one can experience oneness with everything, it is considered a very advanced realization.
Meditation allows to merge back. Our intellect dissect things, but too much dissection leads to loss of sense (of unity).

I also like the expression as it sounds like "duel", the one to one fight. Why do people fight? Because they forgot and don't experience that they are one with their "opponent".
Old 27-02-2022, 07:26 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Am I understanding you correctly - do people come to you seeking advice from YOU? If so again that's not mediumship.
No it's not mediumship. But as earlier you emphasized the fact that mediumship was a duty, people were in service of others, I found relevant telling you that I was serving people in other ways.
In your definition, I understood there were 2 facets in mediumship, the psychic ability and serving others. Is there another one I missed?
Old 27-02-2022, 07:39 AM
Ascender
Quote:
WHAT AM I?
I am the old man that looks 25, THE BRIDGE OF DEATH!
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I love this one!

Answering your questions on a sunday morning, pfff .... !
1 a scholar
2 a medium
3 a dreamer
4 a healer
5 a channeler
Old 27-02-2022, 10:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
But yes, I "mix up" in your point of view, and in mine you are too much in duality. .
If you're going to redefine duality as well then I'm not going to worry about that, since "your view" and "my view" is duality. Y'see, in a better understanding of non-duality you'd know that the perceiver and the perceived are one and the same, so me being too much in duality is your perception and nothing to do with me at all. It's all about collapsing the distance between consciousness and the objects of consciousness, the observer and the observed.

I'm just wondering why the people who like to keep threads on track are still contributing to this thread, since it's not even in the right sub-forum.

Last edited by Greenslade : 27-02-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Closed Thread