Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 20-02-2022, 09:26 PM
Deactivated Account
what?

I said elsewhere that the subject of mediumship is interesting in its own right but deserved a dedicated thread. Here's an opener for that.

What do you do expect of mediums and mediumship?
What do you consider as unacceptable in connection with the question above?
How close have you come to either?

Offer your thoughts and we can open the conversation from there..... edit: To encourage this I've since given my own thoughts.

Last edited by bobjob : 21-02-2022 at 04:15 AM.
Old 20-02-2022, 10:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
EXCERPT
From what I have seen, Mediums are at various levels of development, or at least most think they are. From my perspective, I suspect just about everybody, if not everybody can communicate with Spirit, which as far as I am concerned, means they can be used as a 'Medium' between 'man' and Spirit.
Quote:
What do you consider as unacceptable in connection with the question above?
I suspect most people take what a Medium says with 'a grain of salt'. As for your question, it is ambiquous to me.
Quote:
How close have you come to either?
I am not sure what you are asking.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 21-02-2022, 03:40 AM
Deactivated Account
The question asked: "What do you do expect of mediums and mediumship?" From mediums I expect experience, integrity and honesty along with confidence in their ability but humility in their delivery; it's not about the medium.

I expect from mediumship uplifting evidence of the survival of my loved ones. I expect a message that links to me and a message I can link to. It's all about me the sitter.

From a healing medium and healing mediumship I expect a passive human conduit through which spiritual healing energy flows. It's not about the medium; the medium is not the healer.
Old 21-02-2022, 04:02 AM
Deactivated Account
The question asked: "What do you consider as unacceptable in connection with the question above?" I find unacceptable a level of service that fails to meet the simple expectations I detailed elsewhere.

I find unacceptable mediums who ask questions of the sitter rather than tell them details.

I find unacceptable mediums who 'interpret' what a communicator is saying rather than delivering the message as close as possible to verbatim. By so doing evidence can get muddied by the medium's 'take' on what she/he is hearing. So-called interpretation can spoil otherwise good detail.

I find unacceptable psychic reading or psychic counseling masquerading as mediumship although I acknowledge a medium may sometimes use psychic ability to maintain a 'wavering' communication link.

I find unacceptable the delivery of information that is not uplifting for the recipient.
Old 21-02-2022, 04:13 AM
Deactivated Account
The question asked:"How close have you come to either in connection with the other two questions.?" how close? I've experienced all the situations I've mentioned to varying degrees, the very best thru the very worst. Thankfully the uplifting sittings are the ones I find I think about the most, and I try not to think too often of the ones that weren't.
Old 21-02-2022, 10:21 AM
hazada guess

Jeez everybody knows what folk expect when they go to visit a Medium. Whether they get it or not is a different matter altogether.

You Know yourself when you are getting a true reading. What I regard as unacceptable is getting a load of Tosh when you've paid out a lot of money.
As for how close I've come, I did my research before paying said medium a visit.

ps.......The best mediums don't charge.
Old 21-02-2022, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
ps.......The best mediums don't charge.
They are giving me their time...if they charge that is just fine with me.
Their time is worth it, they have expenses same as anyone.
I don't think this is what you wanna talk about, bobjob...but, once brought up I gave my opinion.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-02-2022, 01:14 PM
hazada guess

We'll have to agree to disagree then miss hepburn,they shouln't make a career out of this sort of thing.
Old 21-02-2022, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
We'll have to agree to disagree then miss hepburn,they shouldn't make a career out of this sort of thing.
Let's ask bobjob, cuz that $ topic has been discussed so many times here.
Now, another ''should'' has been brought up re NOT making a career.
Can you, bobjob...make a comment? Should it continue or be dropped?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-02-2022, 01:44 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Mediums are not there to meet people's expectations though, they are there to deliver a message as accurately as they can while remaining neutral. Often what we expect and what happens are two very different beasties, and personally I never go into a session with expectations. An open mind is key and even though my human nature may not like the message, it's also about taking on board what that message is all about - regardless of palate.

Don't people expect accuracy of information, or do they expect sunshine and roses? Frankly, a medium who judges a message that's meant for me and changes it to suit their sensibilities is a waste of time because it's not the same message any more.

And often as with life in general, we don't always get what we expect but we always get what we need. What we expect is little to do with mediumship really, it's about us personally. But I take on board that you've said "Expect of."

I'd suggest a discussion on what's right and wrong as regards delivering messages, because that seems to be the bone of contention you have.