Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 17-11-2021, 05:15 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
But our 3 souls are somewhat similar to this:
http://www.face-music.ch/bi_bid/hist...20of%20so uls

yep, that's similar to what I was going to bring up of sorts.
Nagi - guardian/s,aura,shadow,ghost.
Towanaka - top of the head advanced soul.
Nia - Breath of Life. Heart/soul.

I probably misspelled Towanaka badly.
Quote:
I just had to wonder how, this Bill character of earlier videos - said to have been an injun in past life aaand a shaman,

Yeah, I got a similar sense.I suspect the story was something he latched on to because he liked it and it gave him a sense of belonging or something.
His reincarnation story probably only goes over well in certain circles.LOL
Quote:
Heh. The “Powerful Words” he had heard during Ceremony sounds like an Aboriginal place name to me and means “Many (Sacred) Waterfalls”…..

Yeah ,I was just sharing that he reminded me of a Medicine boy I knew that did perform Yuwipi ceremonies.
I'm glad you shared those videos of water falls.
They calmed me right away so I will share with you a video in PM that we done in 2004.
Old 17-11-2021, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

I'm glad you shared those videos of water falls.
They calmed me right away so I will share with you a video in PM that we done in 2004.
Yep, that is the place/people …. warm, open, down to earth, calm you right down – make you feel ‘at home’, a deep sense of belonging to it all (landscape included). Unconditional love all around as if the whole community was living/belonging to a ‘marsupial’s pouch realm’ - comfy and so funny, because all the characters (one’s self included) are transparent.

And like with the word “sacred”, one doesn’t voice “unconditional love” either, but just lives within the presence of it, feeling it, sensing it. As if naming it would dispel the enchantment of it.
But of course, if one was trying to explain this (decentralized-ego atmosphere of) ‘silent enchantment’ to ‘outsiders’ one would use those words.

I don’t know. Outside these communities one puts an ego-veil of pretence on of being ‘separate’, and after awhile one gets used to this kind of alienation as being “normal”.

(Then of course there are the "sacred sites" which have to be named, because they are either only for women's or for men's ceremonies, but that is another story).

Thanks for the PM video. The landscape looks majestic. How could one not learn to listen to the trees there, especially if one is alone ‘vision questing’ as their presence would be overpowering.
Plus, as a youth, one might be scared of pitch-dark, but the presence of the forest would help one to surrender to it and shift that fear.

I have never tried any pitch-dark rooms, but Buddhists and Taoists apparently do use them for purposes.

Quote:
I was just sharing that he reminded me of a Medicine boy I knew that did perform Yuwipi ceremonies.
And that didn’t work out so well?

If one is feeling a bit vulnerable or fragile, the last thing one wants to do is having to enter into a “self-made-shaman”-with-some-abilities psychosis.

I just thought of a person I knew. I liked him very much, but his auric presence made me jittery – feeling as if at any time I would split in two, the other of my soul parts fleeing my ‘groundedness within the experience’ like a bat-out-of-hell scared.
I think he was totally sane, but had had an ‘other-dimensional’ scare experience which hadn’t been digested or resolved. Didn’t quiz him about it.

Later I came across another person, who went in and out of realms, which gave me a scare, perhaps him too, which is why he wanted to ‘initiate’ people around him to them.

Rule of the thumb – don’t trust any “shaman”.

I don’t know if schizophrenia is a ‘split’ soul thing. A lady, whose sister is schizophrenic, said that her sister doesn’t have a healthy conscious-subconscious barrier, so all this subconscious disjoined mismatch comes through.

New Age often seems to equate “shamanism” with schizophrenia and/or epilepsy, and whilst it is true, that “spirits” come through our subconscious channels – those communications have to find a reflection in-the-sanity-of-earth-experience as well.

Old 18-11-2021, 05:57 PM
Master
“Myths, Shamans and Seers”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2VzhyIyGkA

In one way he is right, in another way, because he has not had the experiences himself - he is creating a myth about mental illness itself being shamanic.

Old 19-11-2021, 01:42 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Rule of the thumb – don’t trust any “shaman”.

This is a good rule of thumb, and it can extend far beyond shamans.

Quote:
I don’t know if schizophrenia is a ‘split’ soul thing

I don't know either...My own experience dealing with my own mental health issues of being raised in a traumatic lifestyle has been a life full of old patterns being right there at the tip of my "reactions" for me to choose like an old security blanket...But then one can see that these traumas may have been my saving Grace of a broken vessel allowing the Light of Divine Love to shine through, thus knowing there is healthy way to grow through Life if I so choose.

You have brought up some pretty deep subjects.

I had stumbled across this guy that peeked my interest since he was near and or around some of the same circles I ran with.
It is a long video and older and it has two parts in the same vid. part 1 deals a lot with his history and the second part deals mainly with the Lakota Spiritual way of Life.

Charles Fast Horse202:53 mins.part two @ 103 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5Z...ndex=3&t=6380s
Old 19-11-2021, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Charles Fast Horse202:53 mins.part two @ 103 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5Z...ndex=3&t=6380s
I have no comment.

Quote:
My own experience dealing with my own mental health issues of being raised in a traumatic lifestyle has been a life full of old patterns being right there at the tip of my "reactions" for me to choose like an old security blanket …
These old survival patterns can take many forms ...
A narcissist associate of mine had an absent father and an alcoholic mother …

Presently another situation made me wonder, like hang on ….:
- nobody laughs that over-the-top-loud at everyone’s jokes …
- nobody can be the best buddy to everyone
- nobody can be this bubbly love-joy, love&light people pleaser 24/7
… unless there is something wrong – a deep trauma.

Then the truth came out. The parent had substance abuse issues, was violent & the person as a small child had to flee home in great fear at night many times ..
Now at middle age, this person (with the-people-pleaser-pattern) is still trying to appease daddy. “If only I was more lovable, more pleasing, more loving, daddy would not get mad and we would be safe”.

Is this kind of ‘love’ – “unconditional love” - I think not. It is to be caught between hope and fear. A survival pattern brought on by trauma.
Is it even love? Plus, what is “spiritual” about a compulsive behaviour pattern?

Maybe or maybe not coming indirectly in contact with this (We’ll see)
Cherokee teacher in Oz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNc80bowX_4

“Medicine is the Way of Life, the Communion with Mother Earth and Father Sky”.
-sounds good.

He had told the local Elders here:
“I can teach your people how to bring your medicine back”, but he also said that: “They hold back and don’t let anybody in”.
- No, no! Noo-o!

This “unconditional love” – ‘the decentralized-ego atmosphere of silent enchantment’ is all-inclusive & thus it does not keep anybody out but those separate-self-individuals to whom ‘love’ is centred in and generated by this separate-self-ego (the so-called self-esteem) …. keep themselves out.

Nobody is excluded from Totality, but a lot of people do have a psychological fear barrier opening up to ‘unconditional spatial presence’, be it the totality of a forest or totality of a tribe.

My own ‘scare’ did create some ‘energy-blockages’ – which I am yet to get to the bottom of.
The fake-shamen event I attended quite awhile ago was dodgy, but the drumming was good and the ‘journey’ excellent, so clear, enhanced by the group-energy presence.
So, you never know what these events bring if one keeps an open mind & heart.

Old 21-11-2021, 09:08 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Maybe or maybe not coming indirectly in contact with this (We’ll see)
Cherokee teacher in Oz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNc80bowX_4

I checked out his FB page.(just google Bobby Runningfox)

I personally feel it is set up for the New Age community.

But I would never discourage someone from an experience.
I see he has a sweat on Nov. 27th.
Old 21-11-2021, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
But I would never discourage someone from an experience.
Me neither. Besides; - Who knows! Maybe he IS a real healer?

Quote:
I personally feel it is set up for the New Age community.
Yes. I’m sure they make him feel special, give him ‘self-esteem.’

Having been mentally, emotionally and sexually abused by one’s own father! OMG!!!
No wonder he is teaching the “medicine” of ‘loving yourself unconditionally, dreaming the life you want to dream wanting something better - more for yourself, having pride in yourself’ …..

“Mother Earth and Father Sky” is very Asian Turkic, Mongolian and Siberian, like I mentioned before our word for “World” is “EarthAirSpace” (this unity of Form and Formlessness, Spirit and Matter, both seen as “Sacred” and one includes both within one’s perception or in your meditation/contemplation/prayer ImthatIm within your Sweatlodge).

What stroke my hair the wrong way was (considering that one treats one’s own ‘Native’ Ceremonies as 'Sacred' & then speaks about the local “Opening Ceremony … Welcome to the Country Ceremony” as:
Quote:
“He did his little Abo routine” … and it was good.

“Welcome to the Country”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdYmSByzrL8
Short but so sweet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yk9nb7fxXo

38:58 – 40:15 (Earlier posted video):
Quote:
They are still …
There is a part that of them that doesn’t want to open up to that energy, and that’s ok.
To fully open up and then allow the energy of Mother Earth and Father Sky ….
They understand it certain way, but I found that they are not really opening to that …
This is totally wrong! Couldn’t be more wrong ….
But perhaps “they” did not warm up to his: “I’m here to teach you how to get your medicine back, I am here to teach you self-esteem, pride in yourselves”. (What a contradiction!) and then adding: “I teach respect.”
Whoa!

Old 22-11-2021, 12:04 AM
Master
Land & Space ....

I know I have posted these many times before:
Land owns us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0sWIVR1hXw

Oursness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8zAh3irMYo

Old 22-11-2021, 08:26 AM
Master
- Interval -

"Memories":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qbcPX5vO-I

Old 22-11-2021, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
P.S.
In the beginning of that video one can see Tibetan prayer flags and one might think; - ‘What is this – some “New Age potpourri?”

No, no, no.

It is just that Tibetan lamas and monks would not come to Aboriginal lands to teach ‘Spirituality’ unless permissions and blessings were first received from the local Elders to do so.
This shows respect.

So, they came with their gifts of prayer flags etc. and soon it was realized that what the Tibetans taught was the Aboriginal view also.

Having sat with ‘High Lamas’ and Aboriginal Elders, including Uncle Bob’s family members and other Elders, it was stressed repeatedly, how we need to learn from the local Elders first and foremost.

Of course!!!

Had the Tibetan High Lamas not recognized the living Aboriginal Spirituality, I would have lost my ‘faith’ in the Tibetans.
But they did!
And my heart sang with joy feeling like it was about to burst - I was so PROUD of ‘our’ Elders, because only one look from Uncle Bob (R.I.P) and you were *shifted* into “That Space” (of Nondual Totality).