Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 09-12-2021, 05:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
my vision are not always enjoyable.
Sometimes they are taking a BIG bite of Humble pie with Honesty crust sprinkled with little bits of 'What The Freak'...LOL.

I was getting on my moral high horse there a bit - but with that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij8gJ4MZkGw
-which to me sounded genuine and from deep within ...
I had to let it touch my heart & then let the tears flow ...

Old 09-12-2021, 10:26 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
I really do like his talks.
One thing that I found especially interesting in his talk is the Swans, because our Pre-Saami ancestors belonged to the “Swan Cult”.

Swan is especially Sacred for the Kola Peninsula Saami, because that Site was on their/our migration route up further North.

Yup, I found the Swan very interesting since it linked my mind to one of my known Irish clan crest....http://www.irishsurnames.com/coatsof...mily-crest.gif

Yeah, I found his talk interesting.
I liked the evidence he showed.
He linked many,many things together so fast though, I had to wonder about a lot of what he was linking together.

EDIT:Here is a little bit about the swan from my clan crest above that I got from the google machine.
Swan A musical person, poetry, harmony
In Ireland the Swan was regarded as the bird that bore the spirit of a dead Celtic Chieftain sway to the next life.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 09-12-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:38 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The Swans and other petroglyphs:

Now. The Centre of the northern skies is Polaris, the North Star, the Sky Nail holding the World Pole in place … but prior to this: - “The “Centre” was in the Swan/Cygnus constellation. No?

Here are my main areas of interest so far concerning the humans on the Eurasian continent.
1. The Horse and it's Sacredness and the rituals and rites and ceremonies concerning the Horse.
2. The wheel and first the circle which led to the wheel and it's Sacredness.
3. Metals and their Sacredness to the people which was born out of Earth and Fire.(Which your(sentient) Sky Nail drew my interest to Metal awhile back)
These 3 Medicine Powers we or at least I have taken for granted today.

Now I have another one the Swan to examine.

These four and I am sure there are others but these stick out to me as Big Medicine and the first 3: ( Horse, Wheel and Metals)
probably was such an advantage to Life that many cultures literally got rolled over by them.
But Me thinks that these three started out as Sacred Medicines and human behavior turned these into Waring ways of Life.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:26 PM
Master
Please don't forget Sister Moon..... and Brother Sun lol.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:37 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yup, that reminds me that the Winter Solstice is coming and you should go to Stonehenge for me.

Oh wait. I see I can visit virtually.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Yup, that reminds me that the Winter Solstice is coming and you should go to Stonehenge for me.

Oh wait. I see I can visit virtually.

If only I could go but this Omicron is running wild here and I'd need a Vaccine Pass It's safer to watch it Virtually
Old 09-12-2021, 08:46 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
If only I could go but this Omicron is running wild here and I'd need a Vaccine Pass It's safer to watch it Virtually

Well I guess you could virtually visit some museums also.
I found this 'Berlin golden hat' that tracked the Sun, Moon and may have been for some pre-Christian Sun cult leader.

Quote:
The motifs and decorations covering the conical hat were used to predict lunar and solar phases, meaning that the wearer presumably led astronomical ceremonies related to a Bronze Age sun cult extant in Central Europe.
https://www.dw.com/en/berlin-gold-ha...ge/av-49153260
Old 09-12-2021, 09:09 PM
ImthatIm

Mistletoe, The Oak tree, Druids, and the Sun God Taranus.
Which now a days it is tradition to hang Mistletoe in the house and kiss under it for good luck around the Christmas holidays.

Mistletoe – sacred plant of the sun god
https://ireland-calling.com/celtic-mythology-mistletoe/
Old 09-12-2021, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh, don’t you mean Sister Sun and Brother Moon
But didn’t you say you had been to Stonehenge and did not get a good feeling about it?

Old 09-12-2021, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
He linked many,many things together so fast though, I had to wonder about a lot of what he was linking together.
I thought I followed it, but perhaps not - have to listen to it again …

I think you are trying to link European Mesolithic, Neolithic, Bronze Age & modern time periods and cultures together.
Does not work – me thinks. It only becomes another ‘New Age Culture Fusion’ = Confusion.

Those time periods and their peopling of Europe and their beliefs were different.
Quote:
1. The Horse
2. The wheel
3. Metals
Well, all that belongs to the Indo-European Yamnaya Bronze Age culture.

Perhaps if one first sees/looks/comprehends how those cultures were/are very different, then one can later see where some overlap occurred … (?)

I can only mostly speak about the Paleolithic & the Mesolithic hunter-gatherer period beliefs and culture as it was carried over to North when the ice receded …. because in that past - there were no Near Eastern Neolithic farmers nor Indo-Europeans in our 'neck of the woods'.

Ah, found this:
https://www.andrewcollins.com/page/a...nusmystery.htm
Quote:
The veneration of Cygnus as a bird associated with cosmic life and death goes back 17,000 years to when the constellation occupied pole position in the northen night sky.
That second Sacred Site I mentioned – I trust - comes from this belief.
Ascension on that Pole – it’s symbol is a triangle, (like tipi with the centre pole and the smoke hole on top symbolising the break-through from plane to plane ….or see it as a pyramid image):
https://i0.wp.com/www.terrain.org/wp...pg?w=540&ssl=1

^ That has been interpreted as the Swan carrying the Sun, but to my mind, it makes more sense if the Swan is carrying the “Hole of Ascension.” (triangle transcends dualities).
and I had always thought, this symbolized those break-through from plane to plane levels:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/f4...ff5ca14ec6.jpg

I don’t even know about Indo-European beliefs about the Swan. Did they have them?