Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-04-2022, 06:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Medium Experiences

Hello all,

It's been quite awhile since I posted on here. I recently had some experiences with mediums I felt were successful that I would like to share. This may be a bit lengthy, so I apologize in advance.

A week before the Super Bowl I was in contact with a medium. I attempted to make a connection with my father. I felt it was successful. My father passed late January 2021. I will say not of covid. My original intention was to interview a medium for a podcast episode, as I am a podcaster. Perhaps get a reading in the process. She hosted a free event that I attended via Zoom. No tarot cards were used and certainly, no quija boards. I would have walked away if they were used.

One of the questions the medium asked was that she kept seeing lizards. I was confused by this. I never had a lizard. Neither did my father I don't think. Then it dawned on me. My father was living in New Mexico for the last 15 years prior to his death.

Another thing that struck me during the session, she stated to me that my father is very proud me. My dad is well aware of the things I did like driving. Because of my epilepsy I drove later in life; despite having 2 full blown seizures in back to back months in 1992-1993. I got married to a wonderful lady. I was always really shy, so it was a bit challenging for me to find the courage to talk to women. Not bragging, but I had women come to me first, and I sort of froze. Lastly one accomplishment is that I am close to is getting my Bachelor’s Degree. What struck me about when she said "my dad was very proud of me," was the way she worded it. It was EXACTLY how my father would say it. It was almost like he was saying it himself.

This experience inspired me to connect with another medium about 2 other people. The latter being a complete surprise.

A month ago I met with another medium in which a cousin of mine recommended. I was visiting family in New Mexico during this session, so it was conducted via Zoom. I did it in my Godaughter's bedroom. It was the only place where I could find privacy. This time with my mother. She passed away in July 1998. Again no tarot cards and no quija boards. It was a bit different and at the same time the similar. Like my previous experience, I felt it was successful.

Everything the medium said about my mother was accurate. My mother was always there for people, that she hardly took time for herself.

The medium stated my mother couldn't cross over because she felt the way she passed was unpleasing to God. I will announce my mother's passing. She took her life. The medium stated that my mother was thinking of taking her life for quite sometime. I thought yeah probably since 1988, a good solid 10 years. After her father passed. In fact days before my mother passed, her mother passed of alzheimers. I couldn't remember the exact details, but the medium also linked my epilepsy with something. Lastly the medium said my mother loves me.

Again, as I previously had mentioned, I brought up a second person during the session I had a month ago. That person was...... Marilyn Monroe. However, I have my reasons why I am going to refer to her as Norma Jeane Baker.

The reason I brought her up was what really drew me to her? I all of a sudden grew a liking of her, within weeks after my mother's passing in 1998. My mother had nothing against her, just boom out of nowhere. I was 21 at the time. I had seen a picture of her and I fell in love since. A picture of her as a brunette to be exact. My father thought it was weird, I thought it was weird.

I had numerous of dreams with her in them, all of which almost randomly. One of them was her as a brunette. It was weird, it didn't necessarily look like her, but my brain registered that it was the image of her. Another dream I was walking somewhere and happened to see her. Words were exchanged, in which I can't remember if it was her or me that said it, but I heard "see you later." I remember waking up and falling asleep again, sure enough the prophecy was true, I saw her again. In fact I seen her 2 more times that night.

In 2007 I had the honor of seeing her crypt.

From what I told the medium, and I wasn't as detailed as I was here, she came to the conclusion that to me, I communicate to her through God (or visa versa). The medium had thought this was really cool. I wanted to follow through more into this, but didn't think about it. I asked someone who I work with who had paranormal experiences. Basically she stated that Norma Jeane could be my guardian angel.

It's funny because, around the time I met with the first medium, I thought about this. I randomly did a web search of guardian angels. One struck my eye and I opened it. According to what the website said a person's guardian angel is based on the time you were born. I clicked my birthdate and it described what my guardian angel was. It even had a picture of the image what they may appear as. I thought Wow, was I meant to see this!!! It was a picture of a blonde woman in a red dress. There are perhaps thousands of photographs of Norma Jeane wearing red dresses, swimsuits, sweaters, even as a brunette.

During our conversation about Norma Jeane, I heard something fall from behind me. Remind you, I was on my Godaughter's bed. All there were was stuffed animals on the bed. When I looked back, it looked like nothing was tweaked with. When I heard the item fall, it seemed to me that it wasn't a mechanism to scare me, but to say hi, I see you.

The next day I told the medium about that, she thought it was really cool.

On Easter I was talking with a cousin about the experience I had with Norma Jeane. I didn't necessarily tell her who it was, I showed her a picture. She had a gut feeling that was who I was talking about. I gave her some clues regarding Norma Jeane. I didn't mention any movies, nor did I say she was blonde. My cousin had thought I said blonde.

I thought the 3 experiences were cool. I always had a belief in ghosts or spirits (whatever you want to call them). I experienced them before. That being said, I always been skeptical about mediums, but after my 2 sessions, I'm convinced.
Old 22-04-2022, 08:13 PM
Master
Very nice report.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-04-2022, 07:04 AM
Master

Many moons ago, it was 1977, I saw that a renowned English medium would be on stage in a small theatre in my town.

Her name was then quite well-known internationally (but I can't remember it now) so I thought I'd go and have a peek - not that I expected to see anything extraordinary.

Knowing the ways of many mediums : 'I have a man here with blue eyes and a daughter' sort of thing I was very aware of the possibility of trickery or information being pulled out of the nose.

But it wasn't like that. In fact she chose people out of the audience - we were maybe 300 people, and told them things she saw - often saying she had someone who wanted to make contact - in this sense.

Imagine my surprise when I saw myself being pointed at and her saying 'the gentleman at the end of the row with a beard'. (I was quite a way from her) And she went on to describe my disabled maternal grandmother and how she banged her walking stick on the floor when I misbehaved as a child. For me the description was unmistakable.
She said that I should commit myself more and not hover about so much in my beliefs.

Then she said 'and I see a the numbers three and nine above your head, what ever that my mean'. And that was it. It took me a while to realize that I was then 39 years old!

I'd forgotten this until this SF post came along.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 23-04-2022, 07:30 PM
Administrator
I have seen a good few mediums.some were ok others i walked out on
As a medium myself I watch carefully how they work.
I don't say that I am better but some were Rubbish.
I saw a well known medium here a few times and caught him out he had plants in the Audience.

I went with a friend a couple of years ago to see a medium he was fantastic with her he hit the mark . he couldn't even read me he told me my guides wont let him near me.
but it is not the first time I have been told that
but it seems you had a good response from seeing the mediums.

Namaste
Old 25-04-2022, 06:48 AM
Master

Come on - on a site like this there just has to be a lot more to tell.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 25-04-2022, 07:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Come on - on a site like this there just has to be a lot more to tell.
You might think so but perhaps not all that many regular contributors actually have had experience of mediumship or even understand what mediums and mediumship are. (However one might define being a regular contributor there are comparatively few.) Even if we were to lump in those whose experiences are psychic (or believe psychic = mediumistic) there probably aren't that many who understand or have had relevant experience.

I have deliberately said "probably" because we'll never know how many here are simply 'lurkers' who might have experience but don't write anything.
Old 25-04-2022, 08:42 AM
hazada guess

Well,I've had experiences and I can say the most believable mediums I've seen here in the UK were from the Spiritualist churches.
One I went to see and paid a small fortune to was a complete fake.
Old 25-04-2022, 10:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Well,I've had experiences and I can say the most believable mediums I've seen here in the UK were from the Spiritualist churches.
One I went to see and paid a small fortune to was a complete fake.
I am - as regulars will know - a staunch Modern Spiritualist so I'm heartened to read your remarks about our mediums. I hope such mediums always give of their very best - we can reasonably ask no more.

It's a sad fact, though, that others may be fakes or just psychics, those in the first category well aware what they're doing but those in the second perhaps not so, not aware they're not demonstrating mediumship.
Old 25-04-2022, 11:46 AM
Master
Almost from 'conception', Modern Day Spiritualism has been plagued with frauds so accusations of fraud is nothing new.

And then there are different definitions of what a Medium is even with the Modern Day Spiritualists. But then, this Forum is about Mediums which Modern Day Spiritualist is only a small subset. Which implies certain strict definitions of what is a Medium may not apply.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.