Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Master
IS MANKIND, "LOST"? LOST FROM WHAT???

The word "Lost" is properly used when one has once belonged somewhere, but has gone wayward from that place.

If one never belonged to a place, and they wander or travel about, then they are properly regarded as nomadic. Homeless from origin, and not, "lost".
We are told in the Bible that naturally, in the world of time and space, mankind is lost.
So then, mankind must have belonged somewhere, afore, and gotten, "lost".

One must be a part of something once, to be lost.

If that is the case, then, who are you in actuallity? Where are you, "from"?
To Whom have you belonged, and, from, "where"?
Links involving this:

http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

http://www.oberf.org/torkel_o's_sobe.htm

http://www.myshrink.com/counseling-theory.php?t_id=

Modern Science and the ancient teachings both tell us about how the material world in time and space is illusory... a thin layer of "pond scum", on an Ocean of Reality".
The greater Truth involves the timeless. Eternity.

Jesus is the Good Shepherd who left the place mankind became lost from, to seek us out and redeem us to our afore state, and home.
A state of Heaven, and Paradise.
We read how, also, He compared people to the Angels. And we see that, "Stars" represent both angels, and people, alike throughout the ages of the writings. From Genesis to Revelation.

Speaking about Ego, the relationship of Ego and Desire, to this fallen and illusionary physical world. Didn't Jesus and Siddharta the Buddha say similiar?
Jesus spoke about Ego and Desire Saying trust God for the physical needs, and to lay up treasure, not in this world, but in Heaven.
Life is an affair of the heart. Therefore, you should repent.

"...but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word"... Isaiah 66:2 KJV

Concerning Objectivity:
"The sixth aspect of the path is Right Effort. Wrong effort is struggle.
One often approaches a spiritual discipline as though one needs to conquer one's "evil side" and promote our "good side."
One is locked in combat with one's self and tries to obliterate the tiniest negative tendency.
Right Effort doesn't involve struggle at all. When one sees things as they are, one can work with them, gently, and without any aggression."
The Eightfold Path - Buddhist Teaching

"A religious person would probably say this whole is God, yet my sense is that - if it is God - God is not 'out there' and 'other'. Such a dualist view betrays my perception of unity. A truer approximation is the Buddhist allegory, that we are all 'sparks of the eternal flame'."
OBERF Home Page Index<~OBE, NDE Website

www.oberf.org

www.nderf.org

"Have your religious beliefs/spiritual practices changed specifically as a result of your experience?

Yes I'm sure, that I can exist without a body, and I'm convinced that there is a life after death."

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/karl_a_nde.htm

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 19-10-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 19-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Master

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Mary Baker

Lost

I take the concept of lostness to refer to the Eden story of mankind originally having an intimate Father/Child relationship. When mankind decided to not trust God, but to believe that God was lying to them, they lost that relationship.
Jesus said he came to seek and to save that which was lost.

I was lost in that I wanted to do whatever I wanted to do and had no spiritual relationship with God and wanted no spiritual relationship with God except when my life was nearly over I would find out about "getting saved" to escape hell.

God had a better plan; He sought and saved me. He restored the Father/child relationship within my soul. I experience spiritual Eden before the "Fall" within my self though living, temporarily, in a fallen world.

Love never fails.
Old 22-10-2013, 10:20 AM
StaroftheSea

I Loved your words Mary and you chose to open up your Heart to fully receive God's Holy Spirit flowing through you; hopefully many people will read your Post and decide for their Souls to open up their Hearts and Souls to receive God too and not feel Lost,

Love and best wishes Mary
Old 24-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Knower

I have memories of pre-existence since I was a small child ,a heavenly one. In the memories I was forced here and regarded this world a wilderness and the people here as terrible souls ..lost you could say too.
This all happened to me in my memories after a battle in what could have been the "Guph"..where many souls were taken from that day. Only about thirty weren't taken.
To me ,this gels with your post.
As I got older I use to think it was flights of fancy ,but people from the "Guph" have shown up in this world, in my life.
Many questions of why I am here have also been told to me by elders in these memories.
I am not quite sure what to believe though.

Last edited by Fairfre : 24-10-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Old 24-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
[color=black]

but sorry, “Buddha” is no more of a living God than baal was. And scientist don't believe ,(many), in a invisible powerful God that created the world. Satan on the other hand knows God created this world, but he also hates him. Because he and the rest of the fallen angels will soon be destroyed ,(Jude 1:6). and (Rev. 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time). Just as satan can make people see their dead love ones. And make people THINK, they have the gift of speaking to the dead. Which ISN'T from Jehovah God and Jesus. Because this is an Abominating act ,(Deut. 18:10-12). and (Levi. 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God). He can blind MANY from believing in ANYTHING spiritual, especially Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), (2Cor. 4:4).

if you're quoting the word “lost” from a scripture. You have to understand Jehovah God and Jesus meant in a spiritual sense ,(Matt.10:6 ,Rom.4:5, James 5:20 ,Mark 16:16 and Luke 19:9,10). the “lost” are people who refuse to hear the words of Jehovah God and Jesus. And those who haven't heard of them. You speak of what “god” and Jesus said, yet post no scriptures. Also where have you read from the scriptures of Jehovah God says "the stars represent humans and Angels"? From my understanding, he said he knows the number of stars, and their names ,(Psa. 147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names). You also said “ Jesus left the place mankind became lost from, to seek us out and redeem us to our, afore state and home”. Sorry but that's so not true.

First Jesus was SENT by his Father to teach then died so that we may be saved ,(John 3:16,17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved). Jesus came from Heaven, where in the scriptures did you read, humans were from Heaven? We were created, Adam was created ,he didn't come from where Jesus did ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul). And when we die, We have NO memory ALL emotions, feelings, knowledge and thoughts of the living and ourselves.

they are gone ,(Eccle. 9:5,6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun). And (Psa. 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish). It doesn't mean that concerning the dead body ,the thoughts are gone. But that which left the body, the thoughts haven't. It would make God a liar, (something he hates ,Pro. 12:22). at this point, there's NO life after death. There's NO humans floating around still loving or hating the living. peace
Old 24-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Eccle. 9:5,6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun[/color]). And (Psa. 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish). It doesn't mean that concerning the dead body ,the thoughts are gone. But that which left the body, the thoughts haven't. It would make God a liar, (something he hates ,Pro. 12:22). at this point, there's NO life after death. There's NO humans floating around still loving or hating the living. peace
[/color][/i]

This is because those who wrote the Old Testament had a less developed view of the afterlife than the Jews at the time of Jesus. The Bible doesn't teach one continuous, unchanging view of the afterlife (or anything else, for that matter). It's a collection of different ideas from different periods of time.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 24-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Master
A goal is objectivity, and proper perspective, free from subjective Ego.
Which jo-jo, you don't realize is what your perspectives are formed within.

Buddha lived well before Christ appeared in the world, by a a few centuries. In another land other than Israel.

It states in Jeremiah that,
"If you seek Me you will find Me, if you seek Me with all your heart." Which is what Siddartha the Buddha did, as we read of him.

Doing so he found, and told the Truth, and, God is Truth.

Also, The Book of Ecclesiastes is generally accepted as the writing of Solomon when he was lolling in a certain mindframe of the carnal. In a backslidden frame of mind and spirit.
Not to be taken as Dogma, or Doctrine.

In the New Testament we read of how St. Paul was stoned to death, and revived, and later told of his after death Experience in the writings of 2 Corinthians 12, and related to 1 Corinthians 13, (The Love Chapter).
As well as influencing his perspective and convictions in other Epistle writings.

See Acts 14:19, and 2 Corinthians 12.

So, jo-jo, in all, your perspective in your above post is somewhat awry, based on doctrine which you are affiliated with, and not an objective post.
Involved also with Ego,

Old 24-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Master
In addendum, it can be observed that what gets left behined in many denominational practices and worship, is the full understanding of the love of God. Even though there is personal attestment to it.

However, it's been noted, as with the years of persecution behined the Iron Curtain, that doctrine and dogma differences between the various faiths and denominations disappears in those who belong to God, and assist and aid one another in Godly Love.

Reverend Wurmbrand, who himself was imprisoned for a number of years in the Soviet Union called this the Love under , "The Flower of Persecution".
Who's account and testimony can be read in the book, "Tortured for Christ", and it's sequels.

Re: www.persecution.com - and, .org

Old 24-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
I take the concept of lostness to refer to the Eden story of mankind originally having an intimate Father/Child relationship. When mankind decided to not trust God, but to believe that God was lying to them, they lost that relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
Jesus said he came to seek and to save that which was lost.

I was lost in that I wanted to do whatever I wanted to do and had no spiritual relationship with God and wanted no spiritual relationship with God except when my life was nearly over I would find out about "getting saved" to escape hell.

God had a better plan; He sought and saved me. He restored the Father/child relationship within my soul. I experience spiritual Eden before the "Fall" within my self though living, temporarily, in a fallen world.

Love never fails.

Sure Mary. Your story mimes many who are fortunate in such a manner.
Point is, we're used to seeing things very literally, in a certain way, when in actuallity, seems the situation is much greater in breadth and origins.

The Garden of Eden for example is generally seen as a, "Heaven on Earth", or Paradise.
There are various factors involved with this, pertaining to what science is telling us today, and the also involving the Cosmos.
Regarding the very nature of "Reality".

Things that are not normally comprehensible to people living in this present day reality.
Which, according the prophecies, is going to change and revert back to what was during, "the Garden of Eden". And, involving much tumult.

Mary hope you don't mind, but I don't see your Experience listed in your profile.
Hosted here: http://www.oberf.org/mary_b's_ste.htm