Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Pathfinder
The Battle of Duality

I wanted to share my opinion on the battle of duality. I constantly hear the asserted opinion that without the day there can’t be the night, that without evil there isn’t goodness, that the two extremities are necessary so that they can complement each other and keep the balance. However, I believe this is not exactly so! The battle of duality is a scholar programme, that was allowed with the objective for development of the experience and proficiency of a soul, even its ordeal. This does not mean that the duality is the only principle used for creating worlds, for testing souls, and for gaining experience. If you start believing that this is the absolute principle, you would not be able to get balanced, as you won’t be aiming to the centre but to the dance of the cluster of mass chaotioc emotions.
The idea is, when you see evil, to declare the position of neutrality and light. This is how balance comes, the balance that many people believe is achieved by the battle between good and evil. Yet have you noted that those who partake in the battle can’t really be balanced, because on the inside they feel stormy emotions that drive them into brawls.
And at the same time people explain it to themselves that this is what is necessary in order to equilibrate the scales, maybe because they want to get revenge, to show the world who they are and assert a position. I believe that the participants in such storms stand only on the one side of the scales. I would define it as scales with only 1 platform. And it starts weighing down, sinking.
When you have lived in this illusion and realise that the divine is harmony, light and unison, you start feeling you don’t need to suffer anymore as experience, and you start aiming to get back to the centre, and then to remain there.
Maybe you start believing that somewhere, beyond the world of time and space, matter, feelings and organisations are in a different form that we haven’t believed that existed.
Duality, I believe, is not the absolute structure of physical and astronomical laws, but a decor of a school scene podium, where every single one of us is trying to rediscover themselves, to enrich themselves, to that at the time of the new exhale of the Creator, what the deserving disciples have created as Co-Creators at the time of the inhale, to be spread once again.
Maybe the goal is to get enriched and to arise where we have descended from but different. And then, to deserve to create in the eternal Breathing of God.
When I ride by the tide of music, on Creation, I feel that everything is exactly that - a never ceasing inspiring creation, where everyone is a brave adventurer who promised themselves and God to Be. And to Be Love.

ps. Anyway, this is the choice of the soul that needs to be respected and not underestimated - to live in duality until it decides to move on to another form of experience. I would not delve into the topic whether the potential for unlocking duality remains, as I have not gathered enough evidence. The power unlocked during duality, should not be underestimated, either.
Old 17-06-2020, 01:46 AM
Master
It is my view, and those around me, that in order of consciousness to expend it needs the dualism.
How we move within this dualistic system is our choice.

It is true, as we move through the system there will be a need to come to a balanced state at some point. No matter which path we took to get there.
Old 17-06-2020, 01:59 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
It is my view, and those around me, that in order of consciousness to expend it needs the dualism.
How we move within this dualistic system is our choice.

It is true, as we move through the system there will be a need to come to a balanced state at some point. No matter which path we took to get there.

Consciousness just Is. It neither expands nor contracts. What does change is mind and its realization of consciousness. That is the stiller one's mind the more consciousness "feels" like it expands when in reality the only expansion is our realization of what is, was and always will be, unchanging, infinite and absolute - Consciousness.
Old 17-06-2020, 03:40 AM
Master
Expansion is the prime intent of consciousness
Old 17-06-2020, 06:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Expansion is the prime intent of consciousness
How do you measure consciousness? Are you conscious that consciousness has no dimensions, that expansion only happens in form and not in the formless?
Old 17-06-2020, 06:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronStar
I wanted to share my opinion on the battle of duality.
What are the reasons you're battling duality when you could be gaining understanding from dichotomies?
Old 17-06-2020, 06:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Consciousness just Is. It neither expands nor contracts. What does change is mind and its realization of consciousness. That is the stiller one's mind the more consciousness "feels" like it expands when in reality the only expansion is our realization of what is, was and always will be, unchanging, infinite and absolute - Consciousness.
Yes, you are simply "a conscious being"...you simply "are" conscious.

& your awareness via the mind expands/grows through experiences. You experience, learn & become increasingly more learned.
Old 17-06-2020, 10:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
How do you measure consciousness? Are you conscious that consciousness has no dimensions, that expansion only happens in form and not in the formless?

Are you sure?
Old 17-06-2020, 10:35 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

Quote:
Are you sure?

That's the standard non-dual view on consciousness. That is it's Infinite without beginning or end. If it's infinite there's no space or time to expand into. It's always everywhere regardless of time, space and causation.

Consciousness is the formless and all the things we experience, including ourselves, are but names and forms that appear (for a time) in consciousness.
Old 18-06-2020, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:

I talked to Shenara this morning about the expansion of consciousness, and what is consciousness.

In regards to expansion, she simply said, if you expand you knowledge about something, does your head get bigger?
I said, someone's head might swell a little bit.