Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Master
For those who channel/read

I'm curious: how do you "tune in" to someone? Is it simply a matter of focusing on their name, vibration, or energy? What about those who do readings? How do you connect to strangers - especially if you don't know their real name?

I guess I'm wondering more about those who do readings for others than those who channel spirit.

All feedback greatly appreciated!
~Ev

Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Medium_Laura

Energy. I just relax my mind and ask my guides to help. I then, literally say "Hello" to my client's spirit. If I get a good surge of energy back, then there are no blocks and I can read her/him well. If I don't get a "hello" in energy back, I usually don't read for that person. :)
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Enya

I like that, Laura - nice and simple. Wish I'd done it for a lady last week - she was a tough cookie. Mind you, sometimes healing can be given when blocks are challenged...

Like you, I open up to my spirit friends, fix my intent to read for the person and just go for it. Often my best readings have come when I really didn't want to read and the real name doesn't mean anything, it's the energy of the person you connect with.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:22 PM
earthprowler

i would say for me it's vibrations off of the person. then i can zone in on specific details from ailments to things that they have done or thought. my poor daughter was one of my first ones and i wasn't even trying (and i still don't know how i got this ability , it just showed up).......and i looked at her and didn't mean to invade but ...... i knew something about her and her boyfriend . oops. i picked up her vibrations because she herself was one happy 17 year old. sighhh..
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Medium_Laura

Thank you Enya :)
Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Master
Thanks for the replies!

I figured names weren't important. I like the idea of saying "hello" to someone's spirit, though.
Laura: what do you tell your client, then, if you don't receive that "hello" energy?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Medium_Laura

I simply say "I'm sorry, there seems to be some problems with reading your energy." Sometimes I will have them stand up and walk outside. Breathe deeply and come back in. No arms crossed, no legs crossed. If my hello does not get a "hello". I tell them, sorry, I can't read you today.

Done. :)
Old 04-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I simply say "I'm sorry, there seems to be some problems with reading your energy." Sometimes I will have them stand up and walk outside. Breathe deeply and come back in. No arms crossed, no legs crossed. If my hello does not get a "hello". I tell them, sorry, I can't read you today.

Done. :)

Ooh. That seems rather... professional. At least to someone who's never had an "official" reading (just readings here on the forums, haha - but they've all been wonderful).

I'll keep that in mind when I'm able to do readings one day.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Medium_Laura

I've been doing this work professionally for a long time :) if you have any questions feel free to ask :) I'd be happy to teach :)
Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
I'm curious: how do you "tune in" to someone? Is it simply a matter of focusing on their name, vibration, or energy? What about those who do readings? How do you connect to strangers - especially if you don't know their real name?

I guess I'm wondering more about those who do readings for others than those who channel spirit.

All feedback greatly appreciated!
~Ev

I really like the way you presented this question.

There is something called the "art of listening". It is kind of similar to the other recommendations, however the focus is about "tuning in" on a person.

If you ever learn how to listen to a person's word selection, their voice tone, body language, and are able to sense their underlying thoughts/feelings about what they are speaking about, you are in alignment with their energy.

It is an art as I see it. Few are able to listen to another like that.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/