Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-04-2020, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
We perceive phenomenon but are absolutely clueless as to the underlying noumenon.

But is consciousness a sensory experience or is it just a mental concept? I understand and agree with the principle you have put forth but was just wondering about our relationship with consciousness, or as some might say, our relationship with ourselves.

I have told this story here before; I was camping in the great outdoors, leaning against a tree meditating on deep silence, when I came out of the silence a question spring a loud from my lips. "Why are things the way that they are?"

I almost instantly heard a very powerful voice coming from the tree I was leaning against, and that voice said "everything is as it should be." To this day I feel the tree spoke to me, and it was just a matter of being in tune with that tree to commune with it. Similar to "the burning bush" that reportedly spoke to Moses.
Old 28-04-2020, 12:42 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
But is consciousness a sensory experience or is it just a mental concept? I understand and agree with the principle you have put forth but was just wondering about our relationship with consciousness, or as some might say, our relationship with ourselves.

I have told this story here before; I was camping in the great outdoors, leaning against a tree meditating on deep silence, when I came out of the silence a question spring a loud from my lips. "Why are things the way that they are?"

I almost instantly heard a very powerful voice coming from the tree I was leaning against, and that voice said "everything is as it should be." To this day I feel the tree spoke to me, and it was just a matter of being in tune with that tree to commune with it. Similar to "the burning bush" that reportedly spoke to Moses.

Don't know if you saw the first thread I started, but here's one post within it. I think it dovetails with the powerful voice you speak of.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...55&postcount=5

Okay, my perception and experience of consciousness, but I'm speaking of Consciousness with a capital "C", not consciousness with a small "c". Unmanifested vs. manifested consciousness. An analogy would be one's face, not a reflection of one's face in a mirror.

If I pay attention there's something deep, deep within that just is. It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it just experiences. It's very distinct and separate from mind. It's the Witness and only the Witness. Pure existence.
Old 28-04-2020, 12:43 AM
Knower
I once saw an elderly gentleman bowing before a large oak tree while passing through the suburbs. It looked crazy at that time, but now believe I understand why he was doing it.

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 28-04-2020, 12:58 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicValet
I once saw an elderly gentleman bowing before a large oak tree while passing through the suburbs. It looked crazy at that time, but now believe I understand why he was doing it.

For several weeks after my experience when it was still fresh and very intense I could sense myself within things and things within myself. Much moreso with people but also animals and even trees. It was especially odd looking into another's eyes and viscerally sensing 'me' looking right back.

Best I can describe it was akin to the quote from Baba Muktananda - "Earth, moon, stars and sun revolve inside me".
Old 28-04-2020, 01:44 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Don't know if you saw the first thread I started, but here's one post within it. I think it dovetails with the powerful voice you speak of.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...55&postcount=5

Okay, my perception and experience of consciousness, but I'm speaking of Consciousness with a capital "C", not consciousness with a small "c". Unmanifested vs. manifested consciousness. An analogy would be one's face, not a reflection of one's face in a mirror.

If I pay attention there's something deep, deep within that just is. It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it just experiences. It's very distinct and separate from mind. It's the Witness and only the Witness. Pure existence.

Here's a talk by Rupert Spira on consciousness. What I referred to as unmanifested consciousness is what he's speaking to and what I'm speaking of. What I referred to as manifested consciousness is what he laments as the view of consciousness pioneered by Nagel as in "What's it Like to be a Bat". Some refer to it as witness consciousness vs. reflected consciousness.

I think it's fitting in this thread about panpsychism. https://youtu.be/WV-naO9ULp8

EDIT: It almost seems like he uses Mind and mind like I'm using Consciousness and consciousness. I suppose it's semantics and we're referring to the same reality? This is where language is wholly incapable of being precise, at least English. Sanskrit probably describes it accurately but I don't know Sanskrit.
Old 28-04-2020, 01:46 AM
Knower
Quote:
For several weeks after my experience when it was still fresh and very intense I could sense myself within things and things within myself. Much moreso with people but also animals and even trees. It was especially odd looking into another's eyes and viscerally sensing 'me' looking right back.

Best I can describe it was akin to the quote from Baba Muktananda - "Earth, moon, stars and sun revolve inside me".

I see myself in most things also--mostly in nature.

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 01-05-2020, 01:02 AM
Knower
I see it in nearly everything, but mostly in nature.

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 01-05-2020, 01:02 AM
Knower
I see it in nearly everything, but mostly in nature.

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 01-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Master

I would like to expand on the thought, the consciousness mentioned. There is an element of consciousness that shows just how powerful and unknown it is to. The subconscious. The subconscious is also part of consciousness and much of consciousness is automated. You do such things as heal yourself and need no degree to do it, yet you know how to do it. Knowledge or doing is already there. The subconscious put in perspective in the design of (total) consciousness. It is probably the subconscious that is the residence of reality. There is much we already obviously know not considered at the level of consciousness. Everyone. There is a level of unknown consciousness in all things we may be able to connect with and be at harmony with. This is really not something imo that does not exist, in a way being an impath. One of the things I have become aware of about consciousness is it interferes with itself unknowingly.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:31 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I would like to expand on the thought, the consciousness mentioned. There is an element of consciousness that shows just how powerful and unknown it is to. The subconscious. The subconscious is also part of consciousness and much of consciousness is automated. You do such things as heal yourself and need no degree to do it, yet you know how to do it. Knowledge or doing is already there. The subconscious put in perspective in the design of (total) consciousness. It is probably the subconscious that is the residence of reality. There is much we already obviously know not considered at the level of consciousness. Everyone. There is a level of unknown consciousness in all things we may be able to connect with and be at harmony with. This is really not something imo that does not exist, in a way being an impath. One of the things I have become aware of about consciousness is it interferes with itself unknowingly.

That's all part of Maya too. Consciousness, pure Consciousness, unmanifested Consciousness is beyond what most refer to as consciousness and the subconscious.

Body is Maya. Mind is Maya. Manifested consciousness is Maya. The subconscious is Maya.