Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 31-01-2012, 03:50 PM
StephenK

File this under: things we can be adding to our diet! This one's about the highly beneficial properties found in Coconut! My wife and I are now using
something with clean, raw coconut on almost a daily basis! :^)

The Coconut Cures

http://itsrainmakingtime.com/2011/brucefife/

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-01-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Master
thanks for posting all the links, Stephen. I'll be checking some of them out. I'm wanting to get myself in the best shape I've been in a long time and feel great and be healthier.

By the way, do you know of anything for my mom who has lung cancer, to help her gain weight...feel better? I'm probably grasping at straws, but I feel so helpless and want to help her.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:06 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
thanks for posting all the links, Stephen. I'll be checking some of them out. I'm wanting to get myself in the best shape I've been in a long time and feel great and be healthier.

By the way, do you know of anything for my mom who has lung cancer, to help her gain weight...feel better? I'm probably grasping at straws, but I feel so helpless and want to help her.

Hi Sarian

Going in this healthier direction is clearly the best way to feel the best that one can! I keep thinking I'm at the top of how good one can feel and then a
new wave of health starts settling-in that's rhythms-of-wonderment over whats come before! It's an absolute shame that health hasn't been a
burnt-in cultural issue that essentially dominates a good portion of our waking consciousness....

we've allowed this issue to drift into a background humm of seeming irreverence,
and yet without health,
we are moving about in a vehicle that's been compromised to the point that our toxicity-within overshadows all that we do,
toxicity and poor health essentially drives our inner connections with self,
deadening our connection with our intuitive nature
drains us of hopefulness
drains us of energetic participation
drains us of feel-good to the point that we constantly feel grungy...

We focus instead on the health of our mind... but our platform of mind is inseparable from our bodily well-being...
It's so clear to me now... a vibrant Mind/body are the key blend required in order to intuitively access that which is soul....! :^)

Sorry to hear about your mom! "Gaining" weight is actually an issue with many who've been cleaning up their diet to the point that they're now loosing
"too" much weight! The cancer treatments that your mother is likely under will probably make this issue more complex, so the approach would need to
be tailored to her specific needs. I really don't have a ready answer to this.. I'm getting to that point where I'll probably be needing to address this
myself. My own weight is still at a point where I'm happy with it but when checking the the scale I'm slowly-but-surely dropping... I'll need to at some
point address a strategy for making it stay-put! :^)

Try googleing "vegan gaining weight" and see what you come up with... the reason I'm choosing the use of the word "vegan" is to help push the results
into a cleaner host of options.... If you just put in "gaining weight" you'll likely be swamped with all sorts of process powders and commercial related nonsense!

Wish I could be more help with this... in about a year from now I'll likely know more.... even though I can see a day where this will be an issue with me as well..
it's a far better problem than what I was dealing with before! About a year ago I was clearly on the "getting fat" train... happily that's no longer an issue!! :^)
Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Master
Hi Stephen, good to hear from you and I am sorry to hear you (or perhaps a loved one?)may have some cancer issues to deal with. :-(

Your optimism is contagious though. In the last couple of weeks I've put on weight and I felt it coming on and it disgusts me. I was on a losing weight (slowly), path, and was happy...but then I started with the emotional eating and with it getting dark early and being dark in the morning...I wasn't getting out and walking and jogging like i liked to... now I'm a slug..it's hard getting it restarted... but reading your excitement...it's a great boost. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 PM
DebbyM

I have to agree with Sarian about your enthusiasm Stephen. And I also agree with you on everything you said in your last post. For the better part of my life I wasn't overly concerned about the food that we ate. I hated cooking, hated being in the kitchen (except I did like washing dishes??) and for most of my life I floundered in a sea of depression and despair even though the details of my life were, in general, pretty darn good. Healthy kids, loving husband, enough money ........ I did quit using the anti-depressants several years ago and then a couple years ago, upped my intake of B12 and things improved a bit. But still I felt kind of yecch!

A few days ago though, I suddenly noticed that I was feeling pretty darn good and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it seems to have come about pretty much since two things changed. I quit using grain products (and I now know that my thyroid must be very happy about that) and I increased the amount of fresh fruits and veggies that we eat. Today I did grocery shopping and 4/5's of my bill was directly the result of the produce that I bought.

I'm not at all afraid of dying but I admit that I did have concerns about managing as an old lady before that momentous day. So now, thanks to talking here with you and others and looking at some of these amazing links that have 'shown me the light', that really isn't much of a concern anymore. So gotta tell you, I'm grateful. Thanks so much for the time that you've put in here.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Hi Stephen, good to hear from you and I am sorry to hear you (or perhaps a loved one?)may have some cancer issues to deal with. :-(

Opps, my bad, I was addressing your mothers situation and must not have been clear when doing so... knock-on-wood, all is well on this end... and yet
a warm thanks for your intentions!

Quote:
Your optimism is contagious though. In the last couple of weeks I've put on weight and I felt it coming on and it disgusts me. I was on a losing weight (slowly), path, and was happy...but then I started with the emotional eating and with it getting dark early and being dark in the morning...I wasn't getting out and walking and jogging like i liked to... now I'm a slug..it's hard getting it restarted... but reading your excitement...it's a great boost. Thank you.

You are most welcome Sarian! Getting on-board with this health thing is perhaps one of the most beneficial things we can do for ourselves!
Getting in the habit of feeling good is contagious... bouncing in and out of this is expected at first... but once the good settles-in and
we get used to the smile then returning to the feeling-grungy quickly becomes counter-desired...!

Clearly, this is the big hug we can give to ourselves! This is the thanks we can extend to our bodies for doing what it naturally does so well!! :^)
Old 03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM

A few days ago though, I suddenly noticed that I was feeling pretty darn good and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it seems to have come about pretty much since two things changed. I quit using grain products (and I now know that my thyroid must be very happy about that) and I increased the amount of fresh fruits and veggies that we eat. Today I did grocery shopping and 4/5's of my bill was directly the result of the produce that I bought.

I'm not at all afraid of dying but I admit that I did have concerns about managing as an old lady before that momentous day. So now, thanks to talking here with you and others and looking at some of these amazing links that have 'shown me the light', that really isn't much of a concern anymore. So gotta tell you, I'm grateful. Thanks so much for the time that you've put in here.

I love it, love it, love it! I'm reading in your story my own experience with this! And your words are a page right out of my wifes awakening to the
importance in focusing on this over this last interesting year! It's one of those things, that when the light turns on, the rooms now lit and the way
becomes evermore clear.

I'd been trying to deal with much of my attachment to life by steadily adjusting what's going on in my head... this has always been interesting
and fun, but all along there was something that's missing... we do the food and eating thing as such a casual affair... we eat and go on, we eat and go
on, and drift into habits without giving it much thought... what a shock it is to find out that "this really matters"! That listening to our bodies and
then adjusting our diets accordingly, cuts right through so much of what ails us!

Now this is where I would normally complain about how poorly we're taught by the medical community, by the "nutritional" experts, and by our culture
in general..... but I'm so celebrating the smile that is embedded in your reply that this rest can go without saying!

Bravo Debby, Bravo...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
sesheta

Question

A co-worker of mine has just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and is quite distressed over the thought of having an ailment and needing to be on medication for the rest of her life (she is only in her twenties...)
Is there anything she can do holistically or diet-wise to help this?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
A co-worker of mine has just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and is quite distressed over the thought of having an ailment and needing to be on medication for the rest of her life (she is only in her twenties...)
Is there anything she can do holistically or diet-wise to help this?

Hi sesheta. It's really nice of you to ask on behalf of your co-worker about thyroid issues. Because the thyroid is so important, it's good to find out early on what to do and what not to do for maximum health. I'll line up in point form, some of the things that I've learned over the years.

1. Don't take calcium or iron supplements at the same time as thyroid meds.

2. Gluten inhibits proper thyroid function so best to avoid it.

3. Find out which foods to avoid as they inhibit thyroid function. This is a good link as it will show which foods are to be avoided and which foods are acceptable. http://www.lowthyroiddiet.com/foods-to-avoid.htm

4. It should be noted that eating minimally of the 'nasty' foods can be done occasionally as long as they are cooked. The goitregens that they contain are somewhat disabled in cooking. Goitregens are what inhibits your thyroid from functioning properly.

5. Talk to her doctor about taking an iodine supplement or maybe kelp (for the iodine in it).

These are the main things that she should keep in mind and there's loads of info on the internet. Wouldn't hurt to do some more research. Hope that helps.

Last edited by DebbyM : 04-02-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 AM
sesheta

To DebbyM

Thanks for the thyroid info - I emailed it to her, so hopefully it will help :)